Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

socketing ali baba's

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by damaris, Apr 28, 2005.

1. damaris

damaris IncGamers Member

socketing ali baba's

im using ww barb clvl 57 and he's struggling in nightmare now. the best weapons he got just two ali babas, which someone on this forum gave to on the other day. they are still clean though and im wondering to socket them with perfect skulls for two of them, so i might come up with high life and mana leech. any sugestions?

2. Immortal_Slayer

Immortal_Slayer IncGamers Member

Err my suggestion...Don't use the alibabas to fight...Keep them on switch...Gamble or just see how your luck holds out and use a better weapon...one is bound to drop, then you can just run maybe nightmare meph or andariel...Weaken the boss to a sliver with your main weapon, then switch to your dual alibabas for extra MF...You'll get a beter weapon in no time :thumbsup:

-Slayer

3. corax

corax IncGamers Member

if they are the best you've got go for it. 4 pskulls would add some pretty decent leech :D cant really think of anything better to go in there.
    maybe a tal rune to stop monster regen(if u have no other psn source) or cold to slow monsters.

and if your using ali baba's that can only help your chances to find better swords

4. sunbearie

sunbearie IncGamers Member

2 ists is my automatic reply :) but not everyone(including me) have 4 ists. Unless he's completely lacking mana leech, I think using amns are better for the higher life leech. Otherwise, possibly good elemental jewels to build on the high speed(assuming you're a frenzier)

5. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

Ali Baba's are really slow, if you really have to use them as primary weapons, put Shaels in them. If you use Frenzy as your main attack, put Shaels only in the primary weapon, attack speed is not based on IAS on secondary weapon when Frenzying.

EDIT: Sorry, I miss the short WW word. In this case shaeling is pretty useless :)

6. Disco-neck Ted

Disco-neck Ted The Dark Library

It's hard to imagine that someone whose best weapons are two donated Ali Babas is going to have 4 ists to socket them with, but who knows?

To answer the original question, it's hard to imagine a worse weapon for WW than Ali Baba. Slow and short range, and doesn't do all that much damage. As recommended, use them when horking or for getting the final hit on a boss. Shop/find/imbue/craft/make runewords/gamble, but get some better weapons.

7. supermatt

supermatt IncGamers Member

aren't Ali's painfully slow? mebbe a Shael and a PSkull in each?

if ya gotta socket them that is...

:) matt

8. damaris

damaris IncGamers Member

funny... these words seems to be like a reflection of my mind. hu-uh i laugh to my self.... :lol:
    anyway... thx for all the sugestions to u guys. im on the beginning of act 3 nightmare know, maybe i'll stick to baba's until i reach to old meph and still bound to it for the meph run im goin to have... perhaps the old meph will feel pitiful for me and eventually he'll drop decent weapons... hehe who knows... cheers... :D

9. LowLander

LowLander IncGamers Member

Damaris,
    it shouldn't be too hard to get some better Mepbusters from this forum, since you accept donations...... Then keep them on switch, possibly socketed with some MF jools. Then bash Meph untill he coughs up the good stuff.