socket/runewords question

datsright

Diabloii.Net Member
socket/runewords question

I was wondering if you are able to make a rune word out of a socket item that already has mods on it. For example if I find a wep that has 100 AR and has 4 sockets could I make a rune word out of that item or would it be a waste or runes? Thank you for any reply !

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: socket/runewords question

You can make runewords only in grey items - not in magic (blue), rare (yellow), set (green), unique (gold). You can make sockets in white base items or ethereal base items and then make a runeword in them. You can make runewords in superior items. But that's all.

EDIT: +100 AR seems like a magic mod to me, it is a blue item, isn't it?

tebba

Diabloii.Net Member

Hi, got a quick question about etheral items, are they better than normal items? and im not thinking about the "cannot repair part". I hear ppl say "You should get an ethereal sword for your merc!" why not just get a normal socketed sword for my merc?

Thx :)

tebba

Diabloii.Net Member

eth weapons have more damage, and items on mercenaries do not lose durability
thx, it was the 'more dmg' part i was looking for, since there was no point of having an ethereal weapon on a merc if it had been the same dmg as a normal weapon

ProfessionalBerg

Diabloii.Net Member

thx, it was the 'more dmg' part i was looking for, since there was no point of having an ethereal weapon on a merc if it had been the same dmg as a normal weapon
Eth weapons also have 10 less str/dex requirement. Meaning you can equip Eth CV easier than non-eth CV.

datsright

Diabloii.Net Member

You can make runewords only in grey items - not in magic (blue), rare (yellow), set (green), unique (gold). You can make sockets in white base items or ethereal base items and then make a runeword in them. You can make runewords in superior items. But that's all.

EDIT: +100 AR seems like a magic mod to me, it is a blue item, isn't it?
No this is a grey item that i am talking about. I use the 100 AR as an example. The actual item i am thinking about making a runeword out of is a frail with 14% ed, 1 AR, 50% damage to undead. This item is grey but has these mods on it and i was wondering if i could make a runeword out of it. Thanks!

ProfessionalBerg

Diabloii.Net Member

Is it fLail? Yes, you can make a runeword out of it. 50% damage to undead is an inherent bonus to all blunt weaponry (such as staves, maces, orbs, wands, scepters etc.), and the other 2 mods come from the superior property. Superior items can be made into runewords just as well as non-superior ones (provided they have the exact required amount of sockets).