Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

socket question

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by squarewolf, May 14, 2005.

1. squarewolf

squarewolf IncGamers Member

socket question

i got myself a white sup (10% ed) mat bow with +3 bow skills and i totally forgot about how you can't socket sup or crude/cracked items with the cube. so i was thinking of the larzuk quest. will he always give max sockets? trying to make a faith here and i need 4 sockets gosh darnit.

2. IIDX

IIDX IncGamers Member

fortunately i had a crap mat. bow to test and it did give max socket.

3. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Don't know, but don't try with a bow which was low quality before. (Cube recipe). It will be ilvl 1 and thus get... err.. the lowest amount of max sockets.. (d00h... I can't explain it due to poor language)

4. Lensor

Lensor Banned

Larzuk will always give max sockets (depends of item level and kind of item). A sup mat bow will always get max sockets afaik, ie there is no way for you to socket your bow to make faith. :(

5. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

You have to use the quest reward and it will give you maximum sockets, for the item at that ilvl.

You can not socket superior items with the cube, good find though I hope max sockets is what you wanted it for.

6. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

edit: sorry for the double post

What you mean to say is that by cubing the low quality item (which by the way will reroll that +3 bow skills right off the bow) that your ilvl will be set at ilvl = 1. At ilvl = 1 you will have a lower number of max sockets, (1 less that the current max for most elite items). Ie if you need to get 5 sockets on an elite item such as say a grand matriarchal or bezerker axe, use the low -> normal white item then the quest to get 5 sockets, (just a little trick I learned along the way).

Your maximum sockets is dependent on ilvl and item type. get the right combination of both to use the quest correctly, otherwise crap shoot with the cube recipe.