Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Socket Quest

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by mub, May 25, 2008.

1. mub

mub IncGamers Member

Socket Quest

Hi, I'm a little confused about the number of sockets Lazruk will do in a given item-I've been told that he does the maximum number possible for an item, but on the site's table of socket numbers for for example phase blade is 3/4/6 depending on level of something. So, does it give 3 in normal,4 in NM and so on? Or maybe it depends on characters lvl? Can't quite understand this part in the site's explanation(might be due to my english). Any help is much appreciated.

2. zarirazz

zarirazz IncGamers Member

Re: Socket Quest

item level, not character level. each area of each difficulty has their own area levels that determines the ilvl of the items that drop. this will determine how many sockets larzuk will give.

3. mub

mub IncGamers Member

^^So, if I buy say a 15 ed PB 0 sox I cant be sure it will be given 6 sox for a LW?

4. pieita

pieita IncGamers Member

Depends on the ilvl.
    Which is equal to the level of the monster that dropped it.
    In case you get it from a armor/weapon stash, it's equal to the level of the char that got it.
    If you repair a "low quality" or "broken" item using the cube recipe, you'll set it's ilvl to 1.

After this, you always get the max sox the item can have.

A 15ed PB would 99.99% get 6 sox. It should be from throne of baal in nm or random in hell. Its ilvl should be enough to get 6.
    Btw... if you get 5, you can sell it for looooooooots more. ^^

5. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

Make that a 100% chance.

area_lvl does not directly determine ilvl. Monster level (mlvl) is what determines ilvl (ilvl = mlvl). In nm and hell, it just so happens the normal monsters have there mlvl set to area_lvl. In nm and hell, champions, uniques, and minions have mlvl set to area_lvl +2, area_lvl+3, and area_lvl+3, respectively. Monsters in normal, act bosses, and a few random superuniques have fixed ilvls not affected by area_lvl.

6. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

What? Didn't know that. I always thought that a rack's ilvl is linked to the arealvl the rack is placed in, not to the clvl of the char that popped it.

7. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

I missed that mistake. ilvl from racks is definitely set by area_lvl. I'm remember area_lvl +1 for some reason, but I'm not sure about that.

Aside: The process for TC from racks is more complicated than that for monsters.

8. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

IIRC, Rack TC is set to arealvl-1, right? So, the max TC that can spawn from an armor rack (assuming a level 85 area) is TC84, am I right?