Socket into a Bonehew?

TheAlfheim

Diabloii.Net Member
Socket into a Bonehew?

Hi All,

Ive got a bonehew, and was thinking if putting it to use on my merc. With it having two sockets, I was wondering what would be best to put there?

I was thinking an Amn into one socket, for the life leech.

But for the other socket, I'm a bit unsure.
I could go a shael for the extra speed (but know nothing about weapon speed breakpoints, so it may be useless)
Maybe an Eth for the -25% target defence
Maybe a second Amn?
I think I have a rare jewel with something like +15% damage (and a few other mods)

What do people think?

Above the listed runes, I dont really have anything which would be of use. Plenty of Pgems though (but wouldnt use them in a socket).

If it matters, it'll go onto a lvl80 cold merc, who supports a lvl82 hammerdin.

Cheers,
TheAlfheim

Cooked

Diabloii.Net Member
I always use two Amn runes. Sometimes you have to use helm or armor with +strength until the hireling has enough str. to wield it on his own. If you use a Hel rune to reduce the requirements you will only have to burn another Hel when your merc is ready, str wise.

TheAlfheim

Diabloii.Net Member
kingsman said:
well i ave heard that mercs cant have mana or life leech so amn would b a waste
I can tell you for a fact that this is a myth.

All of my mercs have life leech, and its quite effective.

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
the str req is 195, the merc has like 165 at lvl 72, when he can wield the bonehew. if you use a -15 req jewel, it goes to 167, meaning you have to wait 2 more levels before he can use it. i'm going to make a dual -15% req one just so they can use it at 72.

however, my highest merc atm is **, and he only has like 172-77 str. i don't think they'll ever have enough str to use it.

i have one with -15 req/amn, that usually goes on most of my playing chars. i think a hel would be just right.

jordy666

Diabloii.Net Member
bonehew is a ogre axe and has base speed of 0 and already 30 ias built in.

u will need to duel sheal or ed/ias shael or even 2*ed/ias to hit the last ww bp of 4 fpa

take a look at this guide

-jordy :king:

Bert

Diabloii.Net Member
jordy666 said:
u will need to duel sheal or ed/ias shael or even 2*ed/ias to hit the last ww bp of 4 fpa

So 2 * Amn runes is the best option.

The 14 % ll will keep your merc alive for a very long time.

Bert

stkrause

Diabloii.Net Member
jordy666 said:
bonehew is a ogre axe and has base speed of 0 and already 30 ias built in.

Erm, you merc is whirlwinding? Not bad, I want one of those :D
For jab attack the brakpoints are different :rolleyes:

I think Merc Jab polearm breakpoints are the same as Ama Jab Spear breakpoints, but ofc I can be wrong. This would give you at base speed 10 + 30 build in IAS (Ogre axe has base 10, not 0):

w/o additional IAS:
breakpoint reached: 26 IAS, gives 26 frames for whole jab animation, 8 2/3 average per jab

1*IAS jewel or 1* shael
44 IAS, gives 23 frames, 7 2/3 average

2*ias jewel or 2*shael
60 IAS 21 frames, 7
Normal Attac would be:

w/o additional IAS:
22 IAS 14 frames

1*ias jewel
32 IAS 13 frames

1*shael
48 IAS 12 frames

2*shael
70 IAS 11 frames
For me, the best tradeoff is shael/amn. But that's just me.

*stkrause

skihard

Banned
Sheal/Amn tends to work best but remember that LL doesn't work on act bosses so if his purpose is to be used as an aura provider for boss runs use Sheal/Sheal so he hits more often and reduces his chance of dieing by kiling the boss first.

Faberin

Diabloii.Net Member
yeah

Let alone if you gave him something like a tal mask for an extra 10% life leech, your merc would go from hero to legend.
Heroes get remembered, but legends never die.
(sandlot, hah)