Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Socket eth in claws?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Stribog, Sep 1, 2006.

1. Stribog

Stribog IncGamers Member

Socket eth in claws?

Hey! Im stuck in a socketing dilemma with my Pheonix striker (using Natalya's set). I was playing with the idea to socket eth runes into both my claws (Natlaya's and Bartuc's) since my AR is not what it should be. The question is this: will the monster defences be reduced by 50% with all my attacks or only 25% for each claw?
    Thnx for your help ppl.

2. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

eth runes' -25% def only work on the weapon they are in. Same goes with other mods like CB and DS on weapons. In other words, they dont add up, each claw will hit at -25% target def.

3. Cave

Cave IncGamers Member

I posted the same message in the Phoenix thread you first asked in, but for some reason neither your question or my answer seem to show up, only in the message history after you pushed the "Reply" button.

Here it goes again.

25% for each claw.
    If you are lv80 with 5k AR, you gain 4,7% chance to hit against an "avarage" monster on hell.(lv80, 1500 def).
    4,567% if the monster is lv85 with same defense.
    You need 6667 AR to see the same increase without Eth.
    This is when socketing the bartuc, using eth in nat claw will have no effect at all.

Using Demon Limb also give a healty dose of AR, nat armor require 149 and Limb require 156, only 7 more str. If you are unwilling to add more points in strenght, use the socket quest from one of your unused chars and Hel it.

But against normal monsters PS should not be a problem with Nat claw, even if you are level 70 and in hell, you have slightly over 90% chance to hit with 5000 AR.(69,5% without ITD and 95% at lv77)
    If you are fightning a unique with minions, charge and release on the minions, not the unique itself.

4. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

Demon Limb has a Str Req of 133, you may be thinking of Monarch Shields.

5. Cave

Cave IncGamers Member

Doh! Your right. No idea what I was thinking about. No need to Hel it then. :cool:

6. Stribog

Stribog IncGamers Member

Thnx for your quick reply's and advice. I've decided not to add eth-s and give Demon Limb a chance to prove itself on hard-to-hit monsters. Thnx again.
    :scratch: Now what to put into those sockets instead...

7. ilkori

ilkori IncGamers Member

I usually grab a Shael for Nat's claw to ease out the IAS requriements elsewhere. I'm still waiting for a nice resists/fhr jewel for the other one. :)