Socket CtA & HotO

finalorder

Diabloii.Net Member
Socket CtA & HotO

Hello,

What are the normal items used for the runewords CtA and HotO? Just wondering what other people generally build them in. For background, I am building a Hammerdin (with 1 pt smite uber killer) and will have base str between 80-120.

Thanks,

finalorder

Gashad

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Socket CtA & HotO

For hoto- always a flail

CTA- a flail or crystal sword(depending what you think looks the coolest)

Some people who want a melee weapon on switch build cta in higher damage weapons but it is pretty uncommon

ProfessionalBerg

Diabloii.Net Member

I hear people can pay sick amounts of runes for a high CtA made in an ethereal Crystal Sword. I just happened to make one 5-6-1 in an eth CS, but not yet gotten around to selling it :azn:

sweetalmonds

Diabloii.Net Member

Yeah usually eth version is worth little more, but if you want to be cool make hoto in scourge for sexy no weapon look.

finalorder

Diabloii.Net Member

ahh thank you for the answers. Why is eth crystal sword more? Provide any benefit? Do people make them in the normal items because they dont have to worry about str requirements?

lionheartthebrave

Diabloii.Net Member

In the SPF, beta CtA are made in War Scepter's from 1.07 to get a free HS and goodies like redemption, vigour, cleansing

eg mine
Code:
Call to Arms War Scepter
'AmnRalMalIstOhm'
One-Hand Damage: 37 to 63
Durability: 70 of 70
Required Strength: 55
Required Level: 57
Mace Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x159aeb6
+274% Enhanced Damage
Adds 5-30 fire damage
7% Life stolen per hit
Replenish Life +12
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
40% Increased Attack Speed
[B]+12 to Battle Cry
+12 to Battle Orders
+11 to Battle Command
+2 to Vigor (Paladin Only)[/B]
+1 to Holy Shock (Paladin Only)
[B]+2 to Holy Shield (Paladin Only)[/B]
Prevent Monster Heal
150% Damage to Undead
+2 to All Skill Levels
Socketed (5: 5 used)

finalorder

Diabloii.Net Member

Dang, how did you get +12 and +11 to the BO, BC and BC? Thought it was max of 6-6-4?

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member

He did say beta cta, so yes, that's pre-1.10 since it's the 1.10s beta.

finalorder

Diabloii.Net Member

ahhh ok.. I wasnt playing then (i played when d2 first came out, quit, just came back hehe) ok thanks

nerdly

Diabloii.Net Member

I think at least one reason that CtA is made in CS instead of a Flail is that when you switch weapons you see a different graphic, so you know the switch has taken place, and you're not trying to take out the minions of hell with a CtA caster.

As for HotO, it is possible to make in in a caudecus, or other scepter, is it not? I'd actually like to know because I've found a few that would be nice for Hdin/uber smiter.

Feer

Diabloii.Net Member

No scepters for Hoto, it only can be made in flails for 1-h weapons.
Ethereal costs more because of looks and lower str/dex requirements though those aren't usually a problem.

alphaz

Diabloii.Net Member

If someone make a CtA in a +3 hs scepter, would the bonus to holy shield add up? Cause last night I tried it, and I didnt see any difference in defense and ctb bonus after using either +3hs cta or normal cta. My friend said this is due to 1.11b patch. Is it true?

lionheartthebrave

Diabloii.Net Member

Your friend is talking out of a body part this forum blanks out

My +2HS CtA gets bonuses from the +skills and the +HS, perhaps he had a spirit instead of a HoZ

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member

If someone make a CtA in a +3 hs scepter, would the bonus to holy shield add up? Cause last night I tried it, and I didnt see any difference in defense and ctb bonus after using either +3hs cta or normal cta. My friend said this is due to 1.11b patch. Is it true?
Well, HS has hard diminishing returns when it comes to blocking. So if the difference between 3HS CtA + Spirit and HotO + Spirit doesn't give any more blocking, then there would be no difference, as Defense (and possibly smite damage, don't remember) can't be prebuffed, but is based off current skill level.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator

... then there would be no difference, as Defense (and possibly smite damage, don't remember) can't be prebuffed, but is based off current skill level.
Oh, I didn't know that. What about HS duration ?

lionheartthebrave

Diabloii.Net Member

@helvete: my hammerdin casts a lvl15 HS with no hard points in it, so how does that work, I know my CTB and defense skyrocket when I cast it, and then weapon switch to Hoto/spirit

alphaz

Diabloii.Net Member

Hi again. I experimented with both ctas. Here is how it was done:

1. Start fresh, no hs.
2. Cast hs with 3hs CTA
3. Take note of defense.
4. Ask a friend to kill you, so you can start fresh again
5. Take body, cast hs without 3hs CTA but keep other gear.
6. Take note of defense.

3hs CTA yeild higher defense, I did'nt take note of ctb though but it should be higher too. However I read in a guide in another forum that smite damage is not increased by hs prebuff.

Conclusion: 3hs scepter works. Obviously. A guy in another site did 1366rerolls just to get a perf eth 3hs cta lol.

ProfessionalBerg

Diabloii.Net Member

Dupan dupan dupan dupan dupan dupan dupan dupan dupan.

There is no way in the world he could have gotten 1366 Mal's, Ist's and Ohm's by legit means.