Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

so who here has a wolf

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by prion, May 24, 2008.

1. prion

prion IncGamers Member

so who here has a wolf

i was just reading stuff in druid forum and it got me thinking about how I don't actually know anyone who has a wolf or at least i've never seen their wolf in action.

So I'm curious who has a wolf (druid not barb) and what your build is, what you use it for and in particular how you handle IM

2. TheDarkSide

TheDarkSide Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

Re: so who here has a wolf

The Wolf Druid just happens to be one of my favorite characters .. Unfortunatley I tend to play mine to around level 80 and then they get parked because Im all about magicfinding and they are not the best magicfinders .. I simply avoid areas with Im or I run if I ever get Im'ed because its deeds for certain on my wolf ..

I used to have a Fury / Rabies Wolf but in Pvm Posion is a waste of skill points Imo . Its hard to kill anything even with level 30 Rabies so I deleted him and rebuilt as a pure Fury build and I enjoy that much better ..

My Furywolf uses an upped Ribbcracker and its in my opinion The Best Fury Weapon in the game .. Too many tasty mods on that weapon to dismiss it ..

I use an old school armor because I always liked it on druids - enter Lionheart ...

Jalals Mane - best druid hat imo as well ..

Verdungoes belt , Goreriders , Soul Drainer Gloves , rare rings and ammy that cover resists , a nice strength mod , and some more leeching ..

Wolfs are fun but Im more into finding things and other charater types do that better ..

:thumbsup:

3. AgentMarth

AgentMarth IncGamers Member

Up'd Ribby ftw.

In fact, I will be remaking my Fury wolf soon to be all vita. The highest str he will need is Jalals at 65, and base dex with Ribby works fine, so they get HIGH in life.

I also agree with Lionheart, and that is what mine is going to use.

Merc uses/used Reapers, Rockstopper, and Treachery. Helps with PI's, and makes him a nice tank to help out.

Plans to use: Jalals, Lionheart, Ribby, String (Maybe Dungos if I can reach at base str) Gores, Metalgrid, Raven, ML LL Ring, Dracs. I get enough str from gear and AR from Rave/Metal or charms.

I like him, he is one of the characters that can kill FAST with semi-easily gotten gear, aka, no 10+ HRS

4. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

I had a pretty cool Fury Wolf before I quit playing before. I had shopped a Cruel PB of Quickness, got 2 sockets on it and built him just for that weapon. I put a couple of ED/IAS jewels in it (nothing spectacular, they were in the 20sEC) and I believe I was able to get to the 4 frame bp.

5. ThomasJohnsen

ThomasJohnsen IncGamers Member

I use a fury wolf to glitch Baal, mainly due to the fact, that my smiter (formerly Baal-glitcher) accidentally got the quest, and I wanted to try something different. I think I'm switching back though, when I get a chance to remake the paladin, as the wolf dosent kill Baal nearly as fast with my best mf gear.
    I never encounter IM, as he was rushed to hell, and leveled pretty fast there. He's only opponent is, and ever will be, Baal.

6. YogiRat

YogiRat IncGamers Member

I had one at the end last season, one hander/shield. His fix for IM was 5 points into Hunger and Gimmershreds.

He was a startup, so he ran through a lot of random gear. I got lucky, I found a couple odd combos that really helped me out like Nokozon and Infernostrides. They made me (nearly) FE proof in NM. By nearly I mean I didn't test Galeb, and an FE Thresh knocked me back to human (I was amp'd ofc, dumb move.)

Ended up with Lavagouts, Spirit Keeper, the Gimmers, Runemaster on switch (it sucked), rare ammy, Duress (I think), Rhyme and Gores. I think I had a Blood belt or Tgods.

Skills were messed up, 20 points in werewolf and a lot into Fireclaws and summons. I never maxed Fury. I couldn't kill anything very quickly, but I could tank anything ......... or run. :laugh:

Last edited: May 25, 2008
  7. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce IncGamers Member

I have a Wolf Druid in SP. He's only level 51, so nothing too exciting. My plan was to equip him with a ribby, but then I discovered to later that I haven't actually found a Ribcracker yet, so he's using a Burrito Cannon currently (you don't even need to carry arrows!). It's fast, hits pretty hard, and the cold damage/freezing is pretty handy too.

I was planning on going with Rabies, but now I'm not so sure after reading Dave's post, it's too late though, since I've already invested some points.

I will probably be using the Burrito Cannon for a while to come, and I haven't decided on a plan for IM or PI yet... This character is kind of on the back burner for the time being, maybe with this thread I can get some ideas and get him Guardianed one day this year.

-hps

8. Zelator

Zelator IncGamers Member

For IM you just use your burrito and fire at 'em in humanform.. duh.

9. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce IncGamers Member

Doesn't seem very wolf themed though...

-hps