So who else gets too work on Thanksgiving?

Kiba

Diabloii.Net Member
So who else gets too work on Thanksgiving?

Lame Albertson company makes all its workers work on thanksgiving and gives no one that day off!!! well at least they gave us the option too not work on christmas..:tongue:

So who else has too be at work while your family is at home enjoying food growlzzzz....?

The wife is working Thanksgiving. I get the rugrat all day. We're not going to leave the couch except to get more popcorn and make pit stops.

MinasMorgul

Diabloii.Net Member
Our Thanksgiving is long gone (atleast I think it is). And I didn't have to work in the sense that I leave the house and get payed to do so. Though I wish I did.

Kaysaar

Diabloii.Net Member
Meh, I haven't had a proper Thanksgiving in four years, due to being out of the country.

LonghornRob

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm staying here in Austin just so I can work over the Thanksgiving holidays. I'll be getting about 56 hours in a 10 day span from the 16th to the 26th, which is roughly $400 that a poor college student like me (who just went halfsies on an Xbox 360) could find a good use for. Time and a half on Thanksgiving means I'll get $12 and hour for 8 hours to babysit the front desk of one of the dorms all night because there will be hardly anyone actually there to bother me.

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
Haha, I already had Thanksgiving.... and didn't work though that. Plus, I'm dating a woman in the US, so I can BS my way into justifying an expensive dinner for myself that night. :grin:

Amra

Diabloii.Net Member
I have worked on Thanksgiving mornings before several times. This year however I am going to visit my sainted mother.

One year I spent most of it fighting a forest fire. I still got home to watch some football though.

ragnar_ii

Diabloii.Net Member
I have to work. I get to work in the cafeteria in the hospital making turkey dinner plates for 8 hours for EVERYBODY, cuz they get to eat for free on that day.

DOC

Off Topic Moderator
I wish I could work on Turkey day. I am picking up every shift at my restaurant that I can when I get back to Houston and sadly, who would think that a place that serves food would be closed on that day. I need every dime I can get.

Velimor

Diabloii.Net Member
Knowing the Goodwill, I'll probably have to work on Thanksgiving. The schedule comes out tomorrow, so I guess I'll find out then.

wuffnuff

Diabloii.Net Member
The departement I work for is 24x7. I lucked out though, I do have to work Turkey Day, but X-Mas and New Years both fall on my days off, sweet!