So what's the deal with Microsoft's Ipod killer called "Zune"

diablo loves donutz

Diabloii.Net Member
So what's the deal with Microsoft's Ipod killer called "Zune"

Hi guys. Well, my dad's birthday was yesterday and my mom got him an Ipod nano. She got it for him with some inheritance money she got and she also said she would get me one in the future as well, but...I don't want to get one just yet. I've been hearing a lot about Microsoft releasing an mp3 player to combat the Ipod and my dad just mentioned to me that it's called the Zune. I've read up a little bit on it, but it still seems to be a little ways away. If they do release it, I would definetly get one because I really don't want to buy in to the preppy, "Oh yes, lets go listen to some music on my Ipod and pop our collars at Hollister..." (sorry btw if I offened anyone by that haha, it's just I really don't want to buy into the common fad of Ipod, I guess it's just my natural wanting something different). But I really just came here to ask what your guys' thoughts on it was and if anyone could tell me some more info about it, that would rock! Here's a website I found that explains some stuff, but again, if anyone has some more info about it, or just wants to give some feedback, post away.

http://www.podcastingnews.com/2006/09/14/microsoft-zune-first-look/

Sokar Rostau

Diabloii.Net Member
Wait a second... you don't want to get an iPod because it's common, so you're going to get a Microsoft version?