So, what really gives?

DenFlaco

Diabloii.Net Member
So, what really gives?

Ok, I'm not new to D2 LOD, but I am somewhat new to the online arena. In the short time I have been gaming online, I have experienced some disturbing practices. I don't know what joy gamers get out of their malicious playing habits, maybe their moms beat them when they were young. Tell me, what pleasure is it you receive when you declare hostility on another player while the're in the heat of battle, so you can kill their character from behind. Why? Does it help you during your masturbation sessions to know that you are such a mook that this is how you enjoy your life? I am so confused. I just do not get it. What purpose does it serve to hack somones gear to steal their stuff? I always thought playing the game against the demons was the fun part. Boy, was I wrong. Why cannot Battle Net really ever do anything about hostility. Why is hostility one sided? Flawed programming, thats why. Both players should agree on hostility. This is somewhat like the recent episode of South Park regarding WoW. I really enjoy D2, and I will continue to play it, I just wont play any HC characters. The more I witness these looser mooks playing at their inbred speed, the less respect I will have for Battle Net, and Blizzard. There is a 'News Flash' dated Nov 2005 on the B Net title page refering to suspending game hacks. I would suggest you implement your ideas. If this sounds like sour grapes, I,m sorry. I didn't get hacked, but I did witness 2 hostile killings within 1 hour during 2 different games. The characters were not hardcore, which makes it even more puzzling. I don't get it.
If you have any feed back regarding this issue, pleas email me, [email protected]

Zarniwoop

Diabloii.Net Member
90 percent of the people you run into on bnet are people you don't even want to be near, in game or in real life.

The trick is to find a community like this, where there's a VASTLY higher population of decent people and learn gradually find some people to hand/play with.

Public/random games are simply not worth it for the most part.

Arkardo

Diabloii.Net Member
Blizzard made a major mistake making hostility not mutual. Or at least in my opinion.

For getting the most fun out of battle.net, only play with people you know; forums like this are generally a good place to meet honoust people. Most people duel with honor, as well.

Well, as far as you can speek of "honor" in video games! :prop:

DenFlaco

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for the info. Yes, I realized that maturity was optional. What I do is create my own game, password it and play alone. This is a drag as half the fun of playing is the teamwork. I don't know anyone else who plays so I don't have the opportunity to team up with friends. Don't get me wrong, I have played with folks at random and had fun, but one incident of infantile behavior can ruin the whole experience.

on edit /typos

Nolecub

Diabloii.Net Member
Try the player matchup forum. Many a nice folk there. If you ever venture over to East, just give me a holler.

rykuss

Banned
PKing really isn't much of a problem. It's pretty rare nowadays.
Unless you're in a Chaos run. :laugh: They love them easy pickin's. Although sometimes the hunter becomes the hunted, these games I love the most. Level 89 PWN'd by level 52!!! :jig:

raffster

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok, I'm not new to D2 LOD, but I am somewhat new to the online arena. In the short time I have been gaming online, I have experienced some disturbing practices. I don't know what joy gamers get out of their malicious playing habits, maybe their moms beat them when they were young. Tell me, what pleasure is it you receive when you declare hostility on another player while the're in the heat of battle, so you can kill their character from behind. Why? Does it help you during your masturbation sessions to know that you are such a mook that this is how you enjoy your life? I am so confused. I just do not get it. What purpose does it serve to hack somones gear to steal their stuff? I always thought playing the game against the demons was the fun part. Boy, was I wrong. Why cannot Battle Net really ever do anything about hostility. Why is hostility one sided? Flawed programming, thats why. Both players should agree on hostility. This is somewhat like the recent episode of South Park regarding WoW. I really enjoy D2, and I will continue to play it, I just wont play any HC characters. The more I witness these looser mooks playing at their inbred speed, the less respect I will have for Battle Net, and Blizzard. There is a 'News Flash' dated Nov 2005 on the B Net title page refering to suspending game hacks. I would suggest you implement your ideas. If this sounds like sour grapes, I,m sorry. I didn't get hacked, but I did witness 2 hostile killings within 1 hour during 2 different games. The characters were not hardcore, which makes it even more puzzling. I don't get it.
If you have any feed back regarding this issue, pleas email me, [email protected]
From the tone of your writing and as I read between the lines you do not have what it takes to handle the stressfulness of PvP. So my advice to you is simple, don't do PvP. If you ever get hostiled that you didn't "agree with", exit the game. How is it that you are making things complicated for yourself, hmmm?

You cannot change a 6 year old game. Diablo 3 is probably coming out soon. You're getting distressed over the idiocy of bnet morons who have no regard for morals and ethics -- leave before you get sucked in the system. Believe it or not, getting annoyed over these jerks on bnet is actually quite addictive in the sense that you're always thinking about how you can get even, or change things.

Are you really willing to spend your time on such freaking stupidity? Learn from someone who's been more stupid than stupidness itself. It's not worth it.

DenFlaco

Diabloii.Net Member
From the tone of your writing and as I read between the lines you do not have what it takes to handle the stressfulness of PvP. So my advice to you is simple, don't do PvP. If you ever get hostiled that you didn't "agree with", exit the game. How is it that you are making things complicated for yourself, hmmm?

You cannot change a 6 year old game. Diablo 3 is probably coming out soon. You're getting distressed over the idiocy of bnet morons who have no regard for morals and ethics -- leave before you get sucked in the system. Believe it or not, getting annoyed over these jerks on bnet is actually quite addictive in the sense that you're always thinking about how you can get even, or change things.

Are you really willing to spend your time on such freaking stupidity? Learn from someone who's been more stupid than stupidness itself. It's not worth it.
Raffster, thanks for the advice. I do not play PvP. I think questing to the higher levels is just fine for me. Killing the minions is difficult enough, I don't need to deal with other players, thank you. My post was about the idea of player killing. It is completely illogical and senseless, therefore, I can't understand why it occurs. I have been declared hostile on many times and, yes, I do leave the game. Fortunatley, when this does occur, I am in town and can deal with it. I was playing the other day when some players were questing, when an individual joined, called hostile and killed them both while they were busy dealing with creatures. Just completley insane. You don't need to read between any lines with my posts, I believe my statements a perfectly clear. I don't believe I am making anything complicated for myself, as you put it, I am simply addressing an issue. I am in no distress, it is, however, just a game.

Thanks, again for your post.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
PKing? In this day and age? You get heaps of warning when they go hostile. Of course it can be annoying if you were enjoying the game you were in. It's pretty rare now anyway.

But yeah, BNet is simply amazing. Sample game:

Player 1: OMG you suck
Player 2: STFU, n00b
Player 1: no UR teh n00b, LOL UR only LVL 32 I am LVL 65
Player 2: im gonna kill u
Player 1: bring it n00b
*Player 2 leaves, comes in with LVL 85*
Player 1: OMG, I totally didn't see this coming even though 99.999% of people on BNet have higher chars and this stupid pissing contest happens in every single public game!
*Player 1 killed*
Player 1: lag

Rinse and repeat.

mr hamster

Diabloii.Net Member
^LMAO ahhh haha how true how true
But back on topic, @ DenFlaco, it says that you play hardcore? Am i reading it right?

DenFlaco

Diabloii.Net Member
^LMAO ahhh haha how true how true
But back on topic, @ DenFlaco, it says that you play hardcore? Am i reading it right?

Originally I played hardcore. 2 characters, both met their demise at the hands of undead stygian dolls in the durance in NM. Since then I have played only softcore chars. There is a lot to be said about hitting the ESC key and returning to the game. Perhaps when I get real good, I will return to HC. I notice my profile states HC, perhaps it is because when I first posted here, I was, indeed a HC character. ( I was having some issues with my new Radeon, since resolved, thanks to this forum.) I am not quite sure how to change it.

Dondrel, thanks for the laugh.

sbn

Diabloii.Net Member
This issue over the years has always topped my list of complaints about Blizzard. Over 5 years ago I thought this should have been fixed with 1.10. The fact that several patches have been released and this "flaw" is still around just shows how completely clueless Blizzard is, and how out of touch they are with their own game.

Let's face reality, the only point that Hostile gives is to promote little immature children to act as such. In 6 years I can not think of a valid time it was needed. On the other hand, it has been countless times that high level losers come in to end a game. I especially love the morons who come in to norm games with their lvl 80-90+ and hostile a group either doing a Trist/Cows/Baal run, or just playing. My god, how pathetic does your life have to be to find amusement in this? Kind of like sick little kids that get their kicks out of bullying other kids much younger and smaller than them...you know we had a term for those kind of kids...LOSER

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member
going hostle is useful to prevent others from getting to dclone when in a public game after "diablo walks the earth"

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Hostile really isn't that bad, even if they kill you you don't really lose anything. Gold if you're carrying it, I suppose - but unless you're gold-finding you should be gambling it off regularly anyway.

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member
if they pk you while your trying to get to your body enough times your body will pop after 14-15 iirc
then your gear is fair game for everyone

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Oh, so there is a limit to the number of corpses?

Well, if you keep going back for your corpse when you're getting PKed you'd have to be pretty stupid. It's not like PvM where EXP is at stake.

DenFlaco

Diabloii.Net Member
No, there is no excuse. It is immature. The loss of gold is nothing. The loss of XP is another story, altogether. Going hostile on a player who does not wish to is selfish and unfair. Going hostile on a player while they are in the heat of battle is (inapproriate language). There is no excuse. Both players must agree.
Continuing to kill players while they are trying to return to their corpse is a psychosis.