Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

So what IS the deal with getting +2 <char type> skills on an ammy in gambling?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Oddity, Apr 9, 2005.

1. Oddity

Oddity IncGamers Member

So what IS the deal with getting +2 <char type> skills on an ammy in gambling?

Let's say I want to get +2 to <char type> skill's modifier on an amulet, like for example +2 to Sorceress skill levels. Let's say I want to do this through gambling.

What's the lowest level where you have good chances of doing this? I've heard 85, I've heard 92, 93, and even 95...I have my gambling character at level 90 right now, and leveling is so freaking slow and frustrating :lol:

So anyway, I want the +2 to skill levels modifier an amulets (and also circlets/coronets)...what's the optimal clvl?

edit: And yes, I've read many of the threads that are on the forums that were sorted nicely by a user who's name I forgot...but like I said, some of them claim different levels are optimal for +2 skills...

2. BFD

BFD IncGamers Member

Well, I did a search for you and came up with two posts, one for circlets/coronets and one for amulets.

circlets/coronets: http://forums.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=307118
    amulets: http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=335768

By optimum level I think that may vary from person to person. If you mean have for there to be even a remote chance then it's clvl 86, if you want to always be possible then 95. This is because the ilvl of gambled items is -5/+4 of your clvl. Read the links I posted they explain it better than I.

3. Oddity

Oddity IncGamers Member

So the game rolls for to see what level prefix/suffix's you can get, and then it rolls for the actual pre/suf, with all of them weighted evenly? Or is it more likely once the game rolls for them to get +1 to sorc rather than +2?

edit:

Here is what I found out.

From this page, I have found out that level 93 is the Peak Level for +2 skill for circlets.

Level ** is the Peak Level for Coronets.

Now here's where I was confused...on this page, RBT said:

I must have walked away with just clvl93 stuck in my head...but that's for crafting! He's talking about gambling amulets that you are going to use for crafting...I don't care about that!

So like you said, because it's the chance to get ilvl90 is -5/+4 of the clvl, at clvl86, there is a SMALL CHANCE that you will be able to get ilvl90...while at lvl95, since the WORST you can do is ilvl90, you will always have at least ilvl90.

So what did I learn?

If you want to gamble +2 skills on a circlet, use a lvl 93+ character.

If you want to gamble +2 skills on a coronet, use a lvl **+ character.

If you want to gamble +2 skills on an amulet, use a lvl 95+ character (noooo, so much more leveling). :)

4. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

If I understand correctly, level 92 should be enough for Circlets, and level 87 for Coronets.

You are right that you need to be clvl 95 to be certain that a gambled amulet will have at least item level (and thus, affix level) 90. On the other hand, a level 90 character will reach that item level 50% of the tries.

5. BFD

BFD IncGamers Member

That's right for a 100% chance for +2 on circlets and coronets you need to be lvl 92 and 87 respectively.

Also, 50% chance seems like a good time to start gambling for me, especially if you have gold burning a hole in your pockets.

6. Oddity

Oddity IncGamers Member

My my, that makes it a letter better for me. :) Thanks for the help guys. I guess 50% isn't that bad...compared to how long it will take to level further at this pace. :p