Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

So tired of bnet / Introduction thread

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by iomanip, Jul 19, 2010.

1. iomanip

iomanip IncGamers Member

So tired of bnet / Introduction thread

Hi.

[MOAN]
    Been playing D2 on and off for 7-8 years now. This spring I did my fifth re-install to play with some friends on closed bnet. Very interesting in the beginning, until you rebuild your hammerdin, your tristram smiter, your light sorceress and so on so forth in a couple of weeks. Endless connection interrupted and ‘failed to join’... Europe has been riddled with server rollbacks rendering it almost impossible to play in a structured manner. In addition, after 11 pm, all you see is 1000 games called something-or-other-baal-10X with only a lvl 97 paladin in them. It’s like the Matrix, the machines are taking over…

I have played the odd tournament here at the SPF, but have finally committed to give SP a try for real this time. BNet has lost its potential. I recently decided to create a hydra-sorc untwinked just for fun, and have just finished levelling her to 80 just by playing the entire game through. That was the most fun I’ve had for years playing this game. Once I gave her CoH, HotO, shako etc. it became boring again. Whats the point in mf’ing when you 1) have most of the items already, and 2) can trade any item very easily for a couple of pgems? Answer: it is pointless.
    [/MOAN]

Hence, I move to SP!

My first SP char will be an untwinked fire-cold sorceress. First mission: Hell Baal. Where I go from there, we will see, maybe ill get bored again, but I won’t log onto bnet any more, that’s for sure… Also, always been interested in creating a grail...

*begins to scim through jianzons giude to early untwinked mf*

In real life i study medicine (5th year) and work on my PhD in molecular biology. I also work out, gonna try my luck on my first marathon this autumn. My spare time is mostly D2 when it comes to computer games. Also like KOTOR and Civilization 2 as well as the occasional BroodWar game on bnet. My first D2 char... hmmm, i think it was a bone necro, but since my favourite class have to be the sorceress.

edit: oh, and I'm from Sweden... name is Mans (actually, its MÃ¥ns, but you know...).

as the say on bnet "cu around"
    /iomanip

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  2. Pijus

Pijus IncGamers Member

Re: So tired of bnet / Introduction thread

Nice intro.

Did your hydra sorc have a backup skill? What was the skill point allocation? :D

3. Darkwell

Darkwell IncGamers Member

If you have balls there's no backup skill :)

Welcome to the SPF, iomanip.

4. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF.

/kicks shins, kicks crotch, takes wallet

Medicine and molecular biology, eh? Sounds gg. What school are you attending in Sweden and what's your research about?

Best of luck with the Sorceress, and may your drops be green and gold (er, white and blue and gold in your case).

5. Darkwell

Darkwell IncGamers Member

Med/Molecular? Cool, ok it's quiz time. How many cloning sites are there in pUC18? What is a z finger? How does Trail/Trail ligand activate the caspase cascade and hence apoptosis? Why are my doctor visits soo expensive? Are you going to make house calls? :)

6. In the name of Zod

In the name of Zod IncGamers Member

Hello iomanip nice to meet you. I'm sure I've seen a post or 2 by you in the barb forum. From what I remember you are a very helpful & honest person. Its great that you have decided to move over to singleplay. Do you intend on trading or trying your luck with the multi-player scene here? Untwinked is the most fun way to play anyhow. *hides stash*

7. xxnothing

xxnothing IncGamers Member

Welcome to SP! A cold/fire sorc is a great way to get going. :D

8. handorman

handorman IncGamers Member

do you guys in sp use atma or gomule?

9. potter

potter IncGamers Member

Some of us(me, myself and potter) use both >_>
    I like to mule into stashes and organize with ATMA while i use Gomule for its search/filter function and Flavie

Though it seems to me that most of the dwellers in here use Gomule these days

---

Welcome aboard iomanip!

10. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack IncGamers Member

Welcome!!

I use GoMule because of the superior searching capabilities.

11. iomanip

iomanip IncGamers Member

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!

Skills: Hydra 20, Fire mastery 20, Static field 20, 1pt frost nova for croud control, 1pt tele. I trusted occulus to take me out of the heat, it worked decently + really fun build, try it!

Im studying in Linköping, and do my PhD on regulatory T cells in autoimmune diseases.

1. Trick question? Dont usually use this plasmid, but according to the litterature, pUC18 have 13 unique restriction sites, although only one cloning region.

2. Quote from MeSH:
    "Motifs in DNA- and RNA-binding proteins whose amino acids are folded into a single structural unit around a zinc atom. In the classic zinc finger, one zinc atom is bound to two cysteines and two histidines. In between the cysteines and histidines are 12 residues which form a DNA binding fingertip. By variations in the composition of the sequences in the fingertip and the number and spacing of tandem repeats of the motif, zinc fingers can form a large number of different sequence specific binding sites."

3. TRAIL is the toumour necrosis factor (TNF) apoptosis-inducing ligand which induces apoptosis through the activation of DR-4 and -5. LEads to the activation of procaspase-8 to caspase-8 and from there on the usual pathway.

4. Come to Sweden, its for free here!

5. Well, that depends on whose house it is...

Haven't decided wheather ill go multiplayer or not. Maybe if i can find some people in the same timezone. No trading (maybe if i get too frustrated).

Yeah, was going CO/CL at first, but fireball is so much more powerful when untwinked. Started yesterday, currently level 45 and all normal quests ticked. I NEED SPIRIT!! Running Lore war hat and Stealth chain mail, but i have all the runes for insight and spirit, just need the bases... Will finish nm tonight, and then the fun begins.

peace!
    /iomanip

12. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

For the win! Fantastic little pieces of gear those runewords are.

13. Hammy

Hammy IncGamers Member

Welcome to the most fantastic gaming community in existence!

I must admit, I wasn't really too sure of you when you said you were playing a Sorc, but that has got to be one of the most oddball, yet innovative builds I have seen. Hydra with max Static and 1 point Frost Nova? Genius!

No Fireball to synergize the Hydra? Or are you playing a different version than 1.13?

Anyway, welcome again. Always pleasant to see another great mind added to the think tank.

14. Thomh

Thomh IncGamers Member

The world is such a small place:) I`ve worked with several employees at your university, mainly from the physics and mathematics department.

Let me get this straight; you are doing a PhD and studying medicine at the same time? Does your day have 36 hours or something? I seem to remember that my PhD sucked the life out of me and I was completely unable to do anything but work for the last year and a half:coffee:

Either way, I`ve noticed your posts in other places of the forum and I hope you will enjoy it here in the SPF. We are suckers for helpful and knowledgeable people like you seem to be.

Take care:wave:

15. iomanip

iomanip IncGamers Member

@Thomh: actually, i think i calculated that i have a 26h day, but i dont need that much sleep :p. Anyway, yes i do my PhD and study simultaneously, but i have had (until recently) a very talented lab technician assisting me, and during the semesters I mostly do administrative work (no more than ~10 h/w in the lab). Sometimes i have a lot to do, but now, in the summer, i have more time since i dont have to study.

BTW, going to mat my sorc tonight.

Until then, peace!
    /iomanip