Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

So the DClone Spawned last night on USWEST NL and boy did I get lucky almost...

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by TheDarkKnight, Apr 18, 2008.

1. TheDarkKnight

TheDarkKnight IncGamers Member

So the DClone Spawned last night on USWEST NL and boy did I get lucky almost...

My Dclone hunt ( I mean ahem accident)

Feeding my D2 addicition last night I leveled my hammer pally from 80 to 82

(...geeze I find them so ...boring, dont know what it is, I know their the most stupidly powerful character in the game with blessed hammer but I just can't get into em. I think its the way this thrust thier arms over thier head everytime, the Animation just bugs me for some reason, like a cheer or something "Go Hammers go", I'd be embarrassed in real life)

I have been thinking about replacing my 15% resist all GC and 7*7% mf sc single mod charms with dual mod charms on my main character WhySo_Serious

So I think I'm gonna do some trading, make a game called:
    I Need Dual SCs

The game description was
    5%ResAll/ColdDam/+3max/AR/Mana/life/mf or something too that effect

NO PASSWORD (LOL obviously)

I spend an hour in that game waiting, folded the laundry (YES TheDarkKnight does his laundry!!, could you imagine if he didn't, stealth would be immpossible, smelly)

Lay down, close my eyes just for a min you know, boom alarm clock, get up 6am…ahhhhh darn who did I miss?? Open message history oh ok nobody, just the green dialog from friends… was my game description not clear enough??…scroll down, down, people trying to talk to me while sleeping… down ….

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH DIABLO WALKS THE EARTH :yikes: (also some stupid number like… 131523 SOJS sold to merchants only once before he walked)… Check again

NOBODY HAS ENTERED MY GAME

Go to my stash… ok what do I got.

LVL91 Amazon: Glass Cannon

Faith LvL14, COH, Chance Guards, anni,torch,+15%resistall/1-2cd gc, 34life gc, 35 life gc, 20life/5mana, 5%res all/17life sc, shako, war travelers, 8% life leech total, 5%ml from Glooms trap

Merc: eth doom ca, eth COH, terrible helm (forgot)

Rings: dwarf star 15%fire absorb, wisp 10%lighting absorb, ravenfrost (you know), dual leech, Amulets: One with resists and teleport charges, other highlords.
    2 million gold

Buy 5 quivers of arrows. Load up on healing potions.

In a span of 30 secs set up, I’m in total panick mode right, you know

I’m thinking public game …public game …oh my oh my…. somebody could come in at any time and steal the charm… I already have an anni I can’t pick it up
    ( in retrospect this game has probably had the Diablo Clone for about 5 hours now LOL)

Ok done, only considered getting other things for one sec:

Thinking I need Dracs, my CTA +4BO, ATMAs Scarab, another dwarf star …

I stopped thinking about leaving…public game …as soon as I do that my game will be at the top o the list again when I re-enter, have to watch out for Clone hunters, I’m gonna have to try to do it as is.

Put on Wisp, Raven, Resist ammy
    My resists are at about +49%

Go to Stoney field, tristam bang there he is.

Start Spamming GA, Diablo lands 2 hits on merc with his “cold hand hit” 10 secs, dead,

the lighting hurts, if I stand in his lighting vomit and spam arrows I go down to about 1/3 life, I move and reposition every 5secs, the fire hurts, if I stand in the fire storm he casts I go down to about half life, ok so Im repositioning every 3-4 secs, I see Diablo’s health moving, not too fast though, drinking pots,

Valk dead, keep shooting, weapon switch, cast valk, keep shooting, tp, resurrect merc go back

OK now he has regenerated half what I took away in about 15 secs, I realize two things I don’t have any prevent moster heal which works on him not the ubers and no poison or open wounds, I switched out the wisp for the dwarf star (the first turning point)

Now the lightning is devastating but the fire is …well …not a factor so much any more, his fire storm only drops me to ¾ life while spamming GA. I now have a set pattern.

Rinse, repeat, Im getting good at sucking back my pots now and positioning avoiding the lightning vomit, 20 mins later Ive got him a quarter down, getting back fast enough so he doesn’t regenerate too much.

I need to rethink strategy, I have to go to work …now, I dont have 60 mins to kill him.

After doing this …in 2 mins he was dead...

I switched priorities, I concentrated on keeping my merc alive, apparently eth doom ca with might merc and fanaticism equals quick death IF you can keep him alive, The first hit he took from D I full revujed him and he lasted 20 secs all of a sudden D was down life and merc dead, tp, resuurect, full healing potions was all I have left now, so I would hit 4 potions at once as soon as he was hit, he must of died about 6 times in 2-3 mins, but every time he took about 1/6 of what was left of D's life

Then success the small charm fell. But the job wasn’t done yet!! I still had to come in with another character and get that SC as soon as possible, I would definitely be alerting everyone to my presence once I re-entered the game (LOL).

I dropped my ammy with teleport charges just off screen wrote down game name :

I Need Dual SC

Take a deep breath leave, switch, enter game name, does not exist AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, again AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, try spacing differently AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH,

Try:
    I Need Dual SCs in, grab ammy teleport there grab anni. Save, exit

10 mins late for work

So I killed the DCLone without OW, LifeTap, (A pally LOL), prevent monster heal, crushing blow, slow target, other stuff I planned on having just for this type of fight. Not a big accomplishment I know with the ubers out there but…

How much harder is the Uber Diablo, I figure exactly the same as I faced him, Am I right? There are summons right. I know Uber Meph is the hardest and Lilith is the hardest lesser uber. I think I can take Uber D.

In short lucky, and so lucky,almost lost it by writing down game name wrong, 1/150 chance getting servers right, no one entered game …bad game name or no body trades dual mod small charms :jig:, probably helped that the game was up from midnight to 6 am.

I had planned to hunt the D clone in the very near future and had even read up on D clone hunting tips thread in this very forum just two days ago. Ready to go to that website and look for hot ips. :) I started playing again over 5 months ago and havent seen the clone once and I've hung in so many games overnight and such.

I guess theres just no accounting for dumb luck LOL

Last edited: Apr 18, 2008
  2. RubenusPontius

RubenusPontius IncGamers Member

Re: So the DClone Spawned last night on USWEST NL and boy did I get lucky almost...

This is the kind of events that make you love the game. At least it would for me (I've never seen dclone...)
    congratulations, hope you've got a nice annihilus out of it...

3. Trekmaster

Trekmaster IncGamers Member

Re: So the DClone Spawned last night on USWEST NL and boy did I get lucky almost...

Great find, but you forgot the most important bit, The stats.

4. Copilot

Copilot IncGamers Member

Did you even read the post? He couldn't pick up the anni because he already had one.

5. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle IncGamers Member

So then he went and got another character and then grabbed the Annihilus.
    Did YOU read the post?

6. BobCox

BobCox IncGamers Member

Never did find out?

7. Copilot

Copilot IncGamers Member

Wow, I swear when I read it the first time he said he couldn't get in the game because he didn't write it down properly and never got the anni. Sorry for the aforementioned post.

8. TheDarkKnight

TheDarkKnight IncGamers Member

You are Absolutely RIGHT!! I had to wait all day to get home and decide do I want to try to ID it? or trade it unidentifed.

I already have one Anni, but honestly someone gave it to me, I had traded everything and the kitchen sink to try to get one once, some guy was trading me a 19/19/10, I had 30 Hrs of value in the trade window, I made such a rookie mistake, I got caught up in the trade and ended up with meph's soulstone after they switched it.

A friend GAVE me a 17Attributes/19 Resists/8 exp. Told me to hold on to the soul stone as a reminder. I look at it every time Im on that character now

The only reason I would ID the Anni is to hope for a 10 exp anni. Being level 91, I want that extra 2% while I level. What are my chances 2/5 to get better. So I take the plunge.

+11 Attributes Crap

+14 Resist all ok

+10 EXP WOOT!! Worth it.

I cant believe it.

I switch out the other anni, stick a couple of strenght charms to be sure I dont have to use anymore stats and good to go do some more leveling.

Quote Copilot: Wow, I swear when I read it the first time he said he couldn't get in the game because he didn't write it down properly and never got the anni. End quote

Ya sorry I wasnt that clear there,

I was typing in the game name incorrectly as:

I Need Dual SC to get back in with another character after killing the Dclone, and the real Game name was:

I Need Dual SCs with an 's' at the end. So I got back in and collected the anni.

After sweating for I think 45 secs,tried at least 5 different times/versions. :cloud9:

9. aishilee

aishilee IncGamers Member

lol. i nv got a dclone to myself b4..

haha lucky you TDK

10. ILikeRocks

ILikeRocks IncGamers Member

I have only ever seen dClone once, but i did get the anni and it was a good one, 19/18/10!!! but i was gonna try to hunt him to get one for my other chars, or just hunt him for fun... but i just switch this one back and forth between chars.

11. Azon

Azon IncGamers Member

i had one where public game spawned him - i killed him and right when i killed him had a tp for my roommate to pick up the damn anni - but of course both us had had one on us...so I was gonna switch but uhh yeah...some a** hat joins my game finds where I spawned him *because of my tp* and steals it.....I hate pubbies some days...

12. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle IncGamers Member

Once during a Baal run DC spawned. I was already holding an Anni but I joined the fray in Frigid Highlands anyway. Well apparently the only people there were sorceresses, so nothing was going on with DC's health.
    I switched over to my Smiter, took him down to about 1/8th, switched to a mule, came in, waited until they finished DC off (and when I say they, I mean the mercenaries) and snatched up the Anni.

This was all in a public Baal run, and my brother was watching too. So it was pretty awesome.