so tempted

Status
Not open for further replies.

XxXJuzAnotherAznXxX

Diabloii.Net Member
so tempted

since i have a high school job and an atm card im so tempted to buy items from a website.

why?

because most people spend multiple hours to find a semi-decent item whereas i spend 1 hr working and i can buy the really l33t item that i need such as a phoenix shield. i know its unfair but lets face it this way. The suppliers who supply the item claim that its "legit". Therefore we can assume that if we buy the items but don't trade them , then the economy will not be effected by these suppliers and if we don't buy them, then the suppliers go out of business and tons of these "legit" items become wasted.

should i still buy it? i know some of you guys have
 

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
no, in fact many of us have not bought items. Think about it, why pay extra money for a game that you already bought? Isn't that kinda pathetic?

Also, those sites may claim that the items are legit, but you do not know for sure. THere is no warranty. And how do they get so many of those items? Do they have live players playing constantly 24/7? No, they use bots and many items are duped.

In the end, you're basically screwing yourself over if you buy items online. They have a great chance of poofing on you while you waste money on a game that you already bought.
 

superdave

Diabloii.Net Member
XxXJuzAnotherAznXxX said:
since i have a high school job and an atm card im so tempted to buy items from a website.

why?

because most people spend multiple hours to find a semi-decent item whereas i spend 1 hr working and i can buy the really l33t item that i need such as a phoenix shield. i know its unfair but lets face it this way. The suppliers who supply the item claim that its "legit". Therefore we can assume that if we buy the items but don't trade them , then the economy will not be effected by these suppliers and if we don't buy them, then the suppliers go out of business and tons of these "legit" items become wasted.

should i still buy it? i know some of you guys have
how can anyone believe their claim that the items are LEGIT, especially when they also supply duped runes by the gross
 

XxXJuzAnotherAznXxX

Diabloii.Net Member
well its paypal and the site im visiting guarantees the same item if the original disappears.

also time is money, therefore by spending an hour mfing and finding practically nothing usefull, you can spend an hour working but using a small portion of that money to buy something good.
 

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
so what if it's paypal and so what if they guarantee? You pay the money, your item poofs, there's nothing you can do. You request a new item and they don't respond. what now?
 

SirDooFuss

Diabloii.Net Member
It's a lot more fun finding something useful, and the challenge of playing with what I can find or trade for until then, than buying something for real money. For me the fun of the game is not only in Baal/Pindy/Mephy running. It's building characters from scratch that can play their way through the game.
At least that's my approach.
But what you do is completely up to you. Please don't offer any items "bought" up for trade here though.
 

Freezing Rain

Diabloii.Net Member
Your friend is dumb, buying items for a game is never the answer. I feel sick when i see idiots buying 100 dollars worth of items for runescape on eBay, i mean, RUNESCAPE?!, the graphics are in boxes, and people still have to buy premade characters and items to have any fun. Strip diablo2 of the bots/item sites/maphack, and this game would be alot more fun.
 

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
if you don't have time, i have no problem with people buying items. i heard one story of a guy in australia who just loved to duel, and if he got popped, he would spend 20 bucks on ebay and just re-equip. he would spend the entire day saturday and sunday dueling, and imho, that's a really good deal for 20 bucks.

also, imho, i think dupers drive the economy. without dupers, there would be no affordable high runes, and even if you wanted to spend 100 bucks on a zod you couldn't.

the problem though is if a person thinks a pheonix shield is the be-all and end-all of godly items. people buy items because, lets face it, they're lazy. they don't want to look for their own items, which generally also means they know nothing about builds, efficiency, or optimization.

imho, if a concientious player buys a zod because otherwise they would never get one, that's fine with me. on the other hand, if a person buys an ebotd war pike and thinks that will make their barb godly, that's just sad.
 

HardyTarget

Diabloii.Net Member
If no one bought their items, they wouldn't bother selling(/duping) them, right?
So basically anyone who buys items off ebay for d2 is supporting (helping them, oh noes) the dupers so that they can continue their "work".

I wouldn't mind if HR's were extremely hard to get (duping didn't exist), there are plenty of useful items that don't require runes.
It's part of the challenge, if you don't have the time to look for items, don't play.
 

Arbedark

Diabloii.Net Member
HardyTarget said:
if you don't have the time to look for items, don't play.
What a bad attitude.

So if someone who has to hold down a job and has a social life wants to relax and unwind a bit by playing on a computer games, they shouldn't play Diablo, because the "dont have the time to look for items"?

I'm not endorsing buying items by any stretch of the imagination, because i think part of the fun IS finding items.

But saying that you should only play D2 if you have the time to look for items is just riduculous.

Oh and btw, i think you'll find that most of the "legit" rich people get rich by trading, not actually mfing.

It isnt hard to make 2 soj profit in less than 15 mins if you look in the TC's.

Buy 4 Hr's for 2 sojs, Sell 3 Hr's for 2 sojs, but 4 Hr's for 2 sojs, sell 3 Hr's for 2 sojs, buy 4 Hr's for 2 sojs, sell 6 Hr's for 4 sojs.

Voila 4 soj profit without any effort.

So saying that people who dont have the time to look for items should play is downright stupid. Eveyone has the same right to play this game.







Arb
 

HardyTarget

Diabloii.Net Member
Arbedark said:
What a bad attitude.

So if someone who has to hold down a job and has a social life wants to relax and unwind a bit by playing on a computer games, they shouldn't play Diablo, because the "dont have the time to look for items"?

I'm not endorsing buying items by any stretch of the imagination, because i think part of the fun IS finding items.

But saying that you should only play D2 if you have the time to look for items is just riduculous.

Oh and btw, i think you'll find that most of the "legit" rich people get rich by trading, not actually mfing.

It isnt hard to make 2 soj profit in less than 15 mins if you look in the TC's.

Buy 4 Hr's for 2 sojs, Sell 3 Hr's for 2 sojs, but 4 Hr's for 2 sojs, sell 3 Hr's for 2 sojs, buy 4 Hr's for 2 sojs, sell 6 Hr's for 4 sojs.

Voila 4 soj profit without any effort.

So saying that people who dont have the time to look for items should play is downright stupid. Eveyone has the same right to play this game.







Arb
Heh, you're taking my comment quite seriously.
I have opinions, that's one of them.
If you don't have time to play the game, that means you're allowed to cheat? Because that's what buying is imo.
Also, supporting the dupers is stupid, despite them having no other "job" than that.

Oh, and you can still have a social life even if you spend a few hours/day to play the game.

Cheers.
 

Arbedark

Diabloii.Net Member
HardyTarget said:
Heh, you're taking my comment quite seriously.
I have opinions, that's one of them.
If you don't have time to play the game, that means you're allowed to cheat? Because that's what buying is imo.
Also, supporting the dupers is stupid, despite them having no other "job" than that.
Re read my comment.

I'm not endorsing buying items by any stretch of the imagination, because i think part of the fun IS finding items.

But your comment was just stupid. You dont play the game 24/7. Therefore you cant play it at all.

Everyone is entitled to play the game howevermuch they want. Some people even enjoying playing the game UNTWINKED *Shock Horror!*

It's not about finding items, its about having fun. So your attitude about supporting dupers doesnt mean anything. People have the right to spend their money how they see fit. If they think buying items will make the game more fun for them then they have the right to do that. It's their waste.






Arb
 

Omikron8

Diabloii.Net Member
XxXJuzAnotherAznXxX said:
since i have a high school job and an atm card im so tempted to buy items from a website.

why?

because most people spend multiple hours to find a semi-decent item whereas i spend 1 hr working and i can buy the really l33t item that i need such as a phoenix shield. i know its unfair but lets face it this way. The suppliers who supply the item claim that its "legit". Therefore we can assume that if we buy the items but don't trade them , then the economy will not be effected by these suppliers and if we don't buy them, then the suppliers go out of business and tons of these "legit" items become wasted.

should i still buy it? i know some of you guys have
Have fun not getting your purchase. MANY of these sites simply take your money and never respond to you.
 

HardyTarget

Diabloii.Net Member
Arbedark said:
But your comment was just stupid. You dont play the game 24/7. Therefore you cant play it at all.
Where did I mention this?
Maybe you should pay some attention to people's posts as well.
A few hours/day is enough to find decent items, you can still have a social life with gaming like that.
 

Arbedark

Diabloii.Net Member
HardyTarget said:
Where did I mention this?
Maybe you should pay some attention to people's posts as well.
A few hours/day is enough to find decent items.
A few hours a day is still a considerable amount of time for many people to spend on a computer game.

And btw its called hyperbole.






Arb
 

Dawnmaster

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, I think we have to keep several things in our minds before saying: "it's stupid/lame/lazy to buy virtual items on a site for a game you already paid money for."

Now, I don't encourage people to buy items but consider the next facts:

1) Who knows the game: Magic The Gathering, with all those cards?
I admit, I've bought a lot of those off the internet, paid some big bucks for them as well. Now, the cards are real, but still, you can get screwed as easy as if you were buying virtual items.

The point is: people buy all kinds of things off the internet, so why not virtual items? Heck, some people buy websites, to keep that name and have a virtual world where you can contact them or read about something? And howmany people donate money to sites like these? You don't even get virtual items for it, just some more message space etc?

2) I assume everyone has been to the fair? Or an amusement parc? You pay loads of money only to sit in something fast that sometimes even makes you sick and only lasts a few minutes? Or you pay loads of money to play those little computer games, shooting and racing? You don't keep anything afterwards, you don't win a price. Hell, you'd be better off buying food for it.

3) Does it really matter if people want to spent/waste their money on virtual items? I'm sure we all do something in our lives that others don't approve? But, we all have our freedom, as long as that freedom doesn't hurt anyone, why care about it?

If you choose to reply on anything I said here, READ EVERYTHING CAREFULLY :rolleyes:
 

HardyTarget

Diabloii.Net Member
Dawnmaster said:
3) Does it really matter if people want to spent/waste their money on virtual items? I'm sure we all do something in our lives that others don't approve? But, we all have our freedom, as long as that freedom doesn't hurt anyone, why care about it?
This is just a matter of opinion.
As I said in my first post, I see it as support on the dupers.
They use all kinds of tricks to get items as fast as possible without much effort, botting, duping or whatever and then others reward them with real cash.
No matter how hard I wanted the best gear on the market, I'd never buy it for real money, it even sounds so ridiculous.
I play a few hours/day at most and still have time to do sports, go out, etc.
You can get a decent gear by collecting some gems, lower runes, jewels etc to get a runner for hell.
Then just run every now and then and maybe one day something awesome drops :p

If you're lazy and got money to spend, sure, spend it on whatever.

I didn't want to sound rude, I just can't find a good excuse to use real cash for items on computer games, lack of free time is not a good one imo.
 
i've always been tempted to not buy that pack of buffalo wing chips and drink for a buck and buy a roon or two instead.

but food tastes good. roonz don't, k? k.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top