So tell me...

chickenhed

Diabloii.Net Member
So tell me...

Of all your years of playing this game (oh the hours spent....), which character has a special place in your heart? The one character you had the most fun with?

For me it was my trapper sin. never realized how powerful traps could be :) that and death sentry became my favorite skill after that.

So what about you?

LprMan

Diabloii.Net Member
Amazon. I don't have any favourite build for her, because they all are so much fun to play :D

The idea of using bows, javelins and spears just fits my playstyle so well. She is not the most powerful character, but so damn versatile :thumbsup:

ScarsOfTomorrow

Diabloii.Net Member
The one character that will always have a place in my heart was my 1.08 summon necro. Lvl 93, it had to be the most crappiest character in terms of skill placement and attribute points. To get an idea of how crappy, I was using a Hellslayer and actually had enough AR to be able to attack Hell Cows. I'm thinking that was my first ever character, and probably the funnest one ever.

H

Holyknight

The paladin was the first character I made when I bought the game, and it remained my favorite eversince! Zealots, to be a bit more specific, took my heart...I've tried many other builts with all the other classes, but none of them were as fun as the zealots, for me... I've been breaking my pattern of Fanatic Zealots lately to make a Holy Freeze one, and I've fell in love again with this game!

ricrestoni

Diabloii.Net Member
Druids all the way!!! I just love the versatility of that char, you can lay down elemental waste or turn into a big furry monster to some close-by smackdown, all the way with very interesting summons by your side!

My favourite, between all of them, still is my 1st pat (1.09), a fury werewolf, with a grizly bear friend.

But I found amazingly funny playing the trapper and the fire templar.

Barbarians are still the least fun in my list.

LprMan

Diabloii.Net Member
I wish I could remember my first characters, but that was sooo long time ago. A thorns zealot was one of them, and barb who used bash as his main attack. Actually I managed to beat the whole game with that barb. My first amazon I remember is the 1.09 MS burizon, which I leveled to 99. My only lvl 99 character ever :D

corax

Diabloii.Net Member
ricrestoni said:
Druids all the way!!! I just love the versatility of that char, you can lay down elemental waste or turn into a big furry monster to some close-by smackdown, all the way with very interesting summons by your side!
or both :D
haven't seen ya in awhile ric :wave:

probably my most memorable is my first werewolf a 1.09 one rather like ric's. i even got him to the point where he could hold up hell cows by himself. couldn't kill them very fast but could hold them up until one of them uber zons arrived.

another fav of mine is my bnet windy. first 1.10 char made it as i went along. 100 nrgy no block. got geddon as a CI/PI killer. only like 2k hp. loved that guy and he is a nasty pvp'er still.

EnerSense

Diabloii.Net Member
The Sorceress is my all time favorite. I've always liked any character that used magic. In movies for example, I always liked the story of King Arthur. My favorite character - Merlin.

bill_n_opus

Diabloii.Net Member
Still love my summoner necro. Haven't been playing him much lately though as i'm addicted to the Sorc Teleport skill. Once I get Beast going it's going to be even better!

frosty

Diabloii.Net Member
LprMan said:
Amazon. I don't have any favourite build for her, because they all are so much fun to play :D

The idea of using bows, javelins and spears just fits my playstyle so well. She is not the most powerful character, but so damn versatile :thumbsup:
Yeah. Love zons. Must have started with the rogue in D1.

First char was a bowzon that got stuck in hell act 1.

Liliel

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd have to go with Amazons I guess, although I actually have more experience with Sorceresses. I played the Rogue in D1, and Bowazon was my first attempted character. The first character, of course, kinda sucked. But I've redone the build twice now and I've started my third rebuild (I've recently done a character flush and am redoing all my characters to optimise them for endgame gear).

All my bowazons have been named Liliel.

lone_wolf

Diablo: IncGamers Member
well as i started out a compleate newbie when the game was released i dont recall any of those chars. Dont think i want either:p

I think some of my countless zons over the years have been the most fun chars for me.

Rugruth

Diabloii.Net Member
Well an 1.09 scattered skill points ww barbarian was my first 'serious' char, getting to 99 (my only char that went so far). And he has a place into my heart and always will.

I've learned a bit of barbs since then, and even the recent 1.10 nerf they are still my favourite, singers, frenzy, berserks, ww... :D

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
I've got a place for all of them. Usually it's the ones with a clever build that I like most. Like my ribcracker enchantress, or my hybrid druid, etc. But if I had to pick one class, it's assassins. They take the most skill to play and offer the largest variety of builds, imo. And of course their crowd control is just awesome. But most importantly, they're the most stylish chars. Go 'sins!

Summoned

Diabloii.Net Member
Nightfish said:
I've got a place for all of them. Usually it's the ones with a clever build that I like most. Like my ribcracker enchantress, or my hybrid druid, etc. But if I had to pick one class, it's assassins. They take the most skill to play and offer the largest variety of builds, imo. And of course their crowd control is just awesome. But most importantly, they're the most stylish chars. Go 'sins!
Agreed. :)

My favorite has to be the phoenix strikers. Even though I've not yet finished the game with any of them, what I've seen and done with them so far has to be the most fun ever. Releasing massive payloads of visually stunning graphics is what it's all about. Cloak of shadows, mind blast, shadow master, those I like, but releasing two third-level elemental charge-ups and a second-level phoenix strike can really leave one breathlessly in awe.

Ragnarod

DiabloII.Net Pal
Paladins for me, specially hammerdins and smiters, I've never enjoyed zealots too much to be honest... Not much of a surprise coming from me, I guess :innocent:

On a side note, I must be the only person in the world that has been playing regularly since 1.03, and has yet to try the new classes that were added with LoD, maybe one of these days... :D

essojay

Diabloii.Net Member
Female chars > Male chars. (I'm not a pervert either. :innocent: )

Of the three (zon, sin, sorc), though, I like sorc for PvM (teleport) and sins for PvP (MB+traps)

krzyhobo

Diabloii.Net Member
My most memorable character is the one with which I first beat normal Diablo (pre expansion). I suppose you'd call her a Jabazon, though she only had about 5 or 6 points in jab - which I thought was a lot at the time. I didn't really comprehend that she had only passed 1/3 of the game and I thought she was pretty darned powerful. Realistically she probably took the cake for poor skill and stat allocation but was fun to play nonetheless and will live on in memory even though she's long been deleted.

AlterEgo

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm like NF in that I kind of like them all. :)

But I suppose my all-time favorite is my 1.09 Guardian Trapper Cynthya. I had initially planned to just take her through the game and move on. But after she found Gull & put it on the switch, she became my MFing machine - eventually finding about 75% of the 1.09 grail all by herself. Very fun character!

XDoomasX

Diabloii.Net Member
Barbarian-my first and most liked char of all times :)
first one was doubleswinger...got stuck somewhere in nm ;)
Lots of good skills: berserk ,leap atack, "spining dance of death", frenzy.... love them all ;)