Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

So my barb is lvl 77 and full Ik having trouble killing Monsters d

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by majpain, Mar 20, 2005.

1. majpain

majpain IncGamers Member

So my barb is lvl 77 and full Ik having trouble killing Monsters

Im a concentration barb.20 concentration 20 Battle Orders 20 Mace Mastery 15 bash and some others.Im thinking putting Enanched damg jewls will increase my attack on my ik maul greatly?

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

We need more info...what's the rest of your gear??? Enhanced dmg jewels in the maul will be nice but not something that will allow you to 1 hit kill monsters all of a sudden...Probably put Shael runes in for faster attack speed, but again don't know the rest of your equipment

Of the top of my head...

Your attack rating is too low...get Ravenfrost/Angelic combo
    Lack of Deadly/critical strike... Get Highlords/Goreriders (great boots)
    Lack of Crushing blow...Get Goreriders (great boots), you can never have too much crushing blow.

Also the player setting or amounts of players in the game...Concentrate isn't the most powerful skill out there and if a lot of players are in the game or you have set players to a high number it will take a while to kill monsters.

Hope this helps but try to include more information...it will be much easier to help you.

3. majpain

majpain IncGamers Member

I have Full Ik i stated.1 raven frost and 1 rare ring has leech.im in hell and i didnt think it would take alot of hits to kill some monsters

4. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

I'd look at getting to IAS breakpoints instead. Shael/shael or ed/ias the maul and get highlord's wrath. IK maul isn't the fastest killing weapon around, especially with concentrate, since the base speed of the maul is so low and there's a large penalty to attack rate since it's two-handed.

Level 77 is somewhat low regardless; you'll kill monsters faster as you level, since you'll connect more hits. 85 is generally where hell starts to level off.

-Hal

5. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

I know...it's just that sometimes even 1-2 piece(s) of equipment can make a huge difference...for example if your attack rating is very low...angelic amulet +ring(s) can really help..I'm not really sure what your problem is...the maul is rather lowish in damage but it's got huge elemental damage + crushing blow so it should be okay..Maybe get some increased attack speed...it will still take a lot of blows to kill but it will go faster and it's more fun to attack quickly. Also Hell monsters do have a lot of hit points...Maybe try some other equipment...The IK set is very cool, but if you can get your hands on some of the juicy runewords its damage will pale in comparison...

6. majpain

majpain IncGamers Member

It very Fast Attack speedmy chances to hit an enemy in Hell is very high.I dunno plus i get hit alot

7. atigdng

atigdng IncGamers Member

I have a lvl 81 IK concentrate barb too. I maxed BO concentrate, mace mastery and shout, then berserk next. I have no problem killing anything. And I have a ravens frost, and besides that have rare ring and ammy.

But I shaeled the maul, other soctets I haven't touched. my damage is 3.5k to 5.5k and with concentrate my defense is 20k. don't get hit that often. only FE and stygain dolls are a challenge in act 3 now.

Going for bash is a bad Idea I think. only 5% damage. not worth it. But you need more ar, I have 9.7k ar with ravens and the rare ring and amu.

I don't have any problems, and I still only have one of the three rings/amu that I am looking for. and have only used the maul sockets.

What merc do you have? the Might merc is essential IMO.

You should go the shout route instead of bash... more defense for you and merc. and adds lots of damage to berserk.

8. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

"Very Fast Attack Speed" on the maul means absolutely NOTHING. LITERALLY. The maul is still extremely slow. You need 75% ias to get 13 frames, and 109% to get down to 12. By comparison, a berserker axe sits at 10 frames at 75% ias, and gets down to 9 at 125%.

-Hal

9. majpain

majpain IncGamers Member

my base for bash might be 17.I do 4k-5k not sure.I might go all shout now just to get more D.Any ideas on what i should socket my Maul and Helm?

10. atigdng

atigdng IncGamers Member

If you have the good IAS/dmg jewels, then use them in the maul. If you are poor like me, then just do some countess runs, pick up a couple shaels and put them in. You will notice a big difference. Save any good jewels for you helm and armor, once again you can never get enough IAS weilding that slow of a weapon.

11. majpain

majpain IncGamers Member

I have 50+ jewls i dont know whats on them though.

12. BlahBlahAsia

BlahBlahAsia IncGamers Member

I have a lv 84 Ik Concentrate Barb, I too maxed Shout and BO. Hope you looked at the synergy list for concentrate.
    I am still missing the IK armor and don't have many problems, mind you I think my merc is fantastic, I chose Blessed aim merc to improve my AR, its like 17k with his aura. I hardly miss. I shale/shaled the maul for speed.
    I am thinking of changing my merc to Might when i have full set as it will increase my AR another +75. I use Mara's Kaleidoscope but I want Serph's Hymn or Metalgrid one day. I use ravenfrost and want Bul-Kathos or Wisp projector.
    Have fun hacking!