Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

So many choices, so many mistakes...

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by TheDemonWithin, Mar 31, 2004.

1. TheDemonWithin

TheDemonWithin IncGamers Member

So many choices, so many mistakes...

There are just TOO MANY Paladin types out there, and I'm having a real tough time thinking of which Paladin I should make.

I have good enough gear to make a Hammerdin*, but I've heard that Hammerdins are no fun, and that they cannot MF without Enigma.

I've made a Zealot before, but I dropped him because I found that Attack Rating was a major problem. How was I supposed to get it up? I found myself having to constantly pump dexterity just to keep the "Chance to Hit" up around 80%. Right now, my dude is sitting around with 2 AngelicRings and an Angelic Ammy, pumping dexterity, and hoping to get to 85% chance to hit "Hell Spawns". That isn't very fun, mind you. I'm at 84% at the moment. If I make a Zealot, am I supposed to just pump dexterity every single level?

Avengers seem fun, I've read the guide on the site (great guide btw!), and I have the basic gear to make him, but then I think: Wait, one problem: resistances. Without a Wizardspike or some other caster weapon, I'm stuck with very low resistances. Is there even a "fighting weapon" out there that has decent Resists? I don't think I can find enough Ums to socket into all my gear to get enough resists to make a viable Avenger. Also, wouldn't an Avenger's "Chance to Hit" be ridiculously hard to bring up, just like the Zealot's?

Then there is the Tesladin and stuff. Basically, Zealots that can also damage with elements. Same problem as Zealots, though.

Then there are the FoH'adins. They seem pretty fun, but then again, kind of boring. Click. One enemy dead. Casting delay. Click. Another enemy dead. Casting delay. Click. Third enemy dead. Casting delay. Seems pretty boring, huh? Dueling could be cool, but I'm not quite ready to advance to PvP yet. And then I could make a Cleric, kind of like the FOHadin, but more emphasis on the Holy Bolt and not the lightning, and that could probably MF the Mausoleum pretty easily, but it seems pretty stupid not being able to damage more than 70% of the enemies in the game, huh?

So, as a desperate plea to all you Hammer, FoH, Cleric, Tesla, Zeala, and Avenga -dins, please give me some advice on what to make >.<.

*Shako, HoZ, Sandstorm Trek, Gloom's Trap, Wizardspike, Guardian Angel

2. Any1

Any1 Banned

I have a clvl 91 Hammerdin w/o Enigma (I don't use duped runes), that MFs like a champ.

I have clvl 91 Frost Zealot with about 110-120 base dex. No angelic set, no Enchant cast/charges, no problem at all in Hell diff.

I have a clvl 91 Avenger, with maxed resists in Hell diff. The only time the resists drop is when I use him for MF (then only to mid-forties). How is an Avenger at a disadvantage in getting resists, anyway?

There are guides for all these builds and they are ALL viable. You seem to be looking for an excuse not to play a Paladin. My advice is don't.

3. TheDemonWithin

How would you max an Avenger's resistances? Because I am very interested in him.

I "though out" a Hammerdin, but he used Wizardspike. Because an avenger has to get into the melee, how would he do that? My hopeful Avenger gear would be:

Guardian Angel
    Some "Zealot-style" weapon (prolly B-star)
    Shako
    HoZ
    ??? Ammy (you say that Angelic isnt needed)
    ??? Ring
    Ravenfrost
    Verdungo's
    Sandstorms Trek
    Dracs (???)

And 10 into each resist mastery in order to get 95/95/95/90 for resists. But then when I plan it out...

GA = 0 res
    Zealot wpn = 0 res
    Shako = 0 res
    HoZ = 50 res
    Raven = some absorb
    Verd = 0 res
    Sandstorm = some psn
    Dracs = 0 res

And then 3 anyas is like just barely breaking even in hell. Am I really missing something ~_~?

4. Evanta

Evanta IncGamers Member

Ya, you got the 'only uniques' syndrome... how to up your resists:
    1. socket a diamond/UM in the shield +19/+22
    2. drop the sandstorm and gamble/craft a decent pair of boots with resists. 20/30 r/w with resist around +25 to 2 resists ain't hard to find. Average of +15 all
    3. wear a rare ring, hopeful mana leech with +20 to 2 resists, average of +10 all.
    4. amulet juz get something with +20 resist all or so... +20

now you already have +64 more resist all on average. Just put on some resist charms and you have maxed resists.

5. TheDemonWithin

Hmm...thats a good idea ^_^.

I have this one +30 resistance Amulet..too bad it has no other mods, but meh, its good enough for me.

So that, Anyas, and HoZ is already 10 to all in hell. Then I can pdiamond my HoZ for about 20 more, so 30 in hell. I can try for a leech ring with about 15 to all resists, which makes 45, and then for boots I can get those rare with 20 to all about. 65 right there, and then I can grab some charms.

Hmm...I think I'll do an Avenger ^_^.

*goes off to gamble some booties*

[EDIT] Oh, BTW, since u've made an Avenger before, do they need tons of Dexterity to get 95% chance to hit?

6. Evanta

Evanta IncGamers Member

nope, with enough +skills to get lvl 25 conviction, just aim for 1k AR. (It'll be hard to miss), it's the equivalent of 12k AR on a zealot.