Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

So long... so short. err FreakII out/or not

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by FreakII, Aug 28, 2006.

1. FreakII

FreakII IncGamers Member

So long... so short. err FreakII out/or not

Well my visit here was rather short, unfortunatly Hrus ant Cattalya think that i'm a fraud or something like that. I suppose I'm not going to make them change their mind. Evan though I deleted all the non legit items I got from a barb that used a drop mod, and besides I didn't use the items...

They want me to restart all my SP charz and delete my stash :( It took me long enough to get were I am. I'm not going to restart, or maybe I will, I'll create new chars that will share a stash and try and see if I can get cool items again. Riiiggghht and I'm 13 and have all the time in the world!

My main idea here was to trade, but umm yeah it seems that will not happen, well not this year, cause to get chars to a high lvl quickly I'll need nice gear, but I'm not allowed to use it.

Maybe I'll stick around forums though, it's nice to read up on the builds and other silly stuff. And perhaps I can still beg some stuff out of the Giveaway thread. Then maybe I'll get enough gear to start some chars.

2. Deaddave

Deaddave IncGamers Member

its not to hard to gather a half decent amount of wealth after a restart. its simple build a fishymancer run hell pits, that way you will easly get your wealth back. so yer just do a restart cheak the giveaway thread for odd bits of gear and youl be easly sorted. i know its hard deleting high level items, but if you then find the same items after your restart legitly it will be twice as rewarding.

3. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Try working 12 hours a day, six days a week and get back to me.

No dude you do not need good gear to get to a high level quickly. You need to be trusted so people with MP with you. Last weekend I had a sorcy at about level 11. Despite my sucky MP time due to WORKING she is 66 and in Hell as of yesterday. All thanks to MPing; and I haven't played here exclusively this week.

Yes she is twinked. Twinked thanks to (quite a few) giveaways and my solo Mat'd sorcy who spent a lot of time killing NM Memph with Ptopaz helm/armour.

She now MF's for me along with my Fishy; a character which can complete the game totally naked. So you don't need good gear.

Thanks to being stung by cheaters' trades, I have come close to deleting my chars twice now. No it wouldn't be my first choice, but I know if I was legitimate, most poeople on this forum would help. BUT if there is ANY suspicion, you won't be touched with a 6' barge pole.

Your choice.

Edit: In your first post, you said you were 13. If that was sarcasm, it was missed in the text. Having played while at school/University/work I have to say school was the easiest, hence my comment.

4. FreakII

FreakII IncGamers Member

5. Fists of Legend

Fists of Legend IncGamers Member

Don't be to worried about restarting fresh Freak. I just did that. I did it when I came back because I wanted that feeling of "I've found one" when that first green breastplate dropped. Has been a lot of fun.

As for not having the time, well RL always gets in the way. Just play when you can. I have 3 jobs and they have kept me from playing all week long.:grrrr: But, such is life.:grin:

Also, you have a lot more beer to drink at the EMB and I expect you to be there drinking it.:thumbsup:

6. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

I do not know (nor do I wish to know) the circumstances surrounding your use of a drop mod, or the circumstances that led to the involvement of the forum moderators.

However, if your main wish is to trade in the SP forum (or MP), and in order to rebuild any form of legitimacy, you must delete all your stashes and chars, and start from scratch. For better or worse, that is the only way to guarantee to others that you are 'clean'. As others have said, re-starting is not all that difficult. It may seem slow at first but you'll be able to amass enough wealth in 'no time' and be able to trade here. And when that time comes, you'll be pleased.

As it happens, I'll soon be starting a couple of days of flat out Hell Mephisto runs. My sorc can do a run in under 1 minute at /p3. I'm only after some of the rarer drops, so I'll be amassing quite a lot of good stuff, which I intend to give-away in the next week.

I'm happy to help, and you are welcome to have the first and unlimited pick of those items, if you do plan to re-build from scratch. But please, only ask for them if you do intend to re-start from scratch, and never contaminate those items, items you find yourself, your new stashes, or your new chars with a drop mod (or any other mods). If not, then there isn't really a point if you're going to use a drop mod and your existing items, and my items will be better off going to the give-away thread.

7. LacertaCK

LacertaCK IncGamers Member

I just recently did a restart also, after a long hiatus. I wasn't tainted in any way, just had been gone so long, I didn't have a clue what gear I had anyway.

Most of my play time has been taken up with tournaments, which are usually untwinked by definition. And I also work full time plus. I figure I get about 3 hours of "item gathering" play time per week. Makes it that much more rewarding when I do find something of interest.

If you do decide to restart, remember not to look for particular items, or you will get frustrated. Be excited about what you do find, and you will enjoy it more. Oh, and remember, if you are going to be trading, be sure to disclose any mods that you use, even the ones that are accepted by the forums (RRM, and RWM). Some people don't like to "taint" their Vanilla stashes.

If you are going to be playing MP in the future, you might want to consider having a devoted character and stash, not to be mixed with any others, just in case. If you choose to trade or MP, it is tough not to get tainted by proximity. Remember, when you trade/MP, you aren't just interacting with that person, but everyone they have ever sle...I mean traded/MP'd with.

8. FreakII

FreakII IncGamers Member

@ Frost: Thanks you truly are the best :D
    I'll give it a shot :)
    So the restart will comence this weeken. Mmm with what shall I start...
    I'm going to do my Pally Over first.
    Zeal, Fanat.
    *Deleting All stash and chars*

9. Phosheez

Phosheez IncGamers Member

Whew, another pally lover? Im glad im not the only person around here who mf's with a melee build. Lemme know if you need any items. Finding a good beating stick is what you will need to keep from getting bored. Trust me, running hell meph with an aldur's rhythm is something i dont wish on anyone. Just PM with a short needs list if you like.

10. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

I really hope you did that. If you didn't, someone will notice that sooner or later and you might get yourself banned. Building chars and finding items the "real way" is much more fun. You will feel how your chars improve and your items stash grows bigger, allowing you to make stronger chars and try new builds. Sure, it is slower, more challenging and requires time & patience, but when you see that green/golden item drop which you have been hunting for some time...what a great feeling. And after that, of course, pondering how you could use the item in a best way.

Using hacks to start from the top destroys a whole lot of fun this game could have offered.

11. herobomberman

herobomberman IncGamers Member

stop typing "ummm" it makes you look 13.

12. FreakII

FreakII IncGamers Member

Lol riiiiight thanks m8.
    I actualy say umm alot in real life so umm I guess I won't stop :p

13. FreakII

FreakII IncGamers Member

Yes I know, look let me just explain so that you all know, I didn't hack nothing or used mods.

I got a barb from a friend who used a drop mod, I didn't know this, nor knew how to know it. Cattlya and Hrus picked up on this and asked me to send my stash and chars to them, so I did. I deleted the items I got from that barb.

Now my Pally had some high rune words on, Exile, Chains, Famine. Now as you know these are rare, very rare. So they probly think I dubed the runes, wich I can't blame them and understand, I don't expect anyone to believe that I managed to get those runes.
    So it's because of the high runes, I got myself tainted. But anyway I'm going for a complete restart now, it's more to prove that i'm worthy, this time I'll include some screenies of when I pick up high runes and all that :) so a new chalange :D

So yes I delted all the stash, I still have a couple of low level chars, between lvl 10-25 I'm just waiting for Hrus to tell me if I must delete them as well, as they didn't use any of the "tainted equipment I picked up" I have lost all my high chars in a format anyway, and thats why it looks fishy. I only have two high char the lvl86 pally. and lvl82/3? cons barb

And yes, hrus has all my tainted equip, so I cant use it. I'll get banned, and don't want to get baned so thats why the restart, Like I said I'm looking forward now. Pitty about that GD cranium basher though!
    I just hope you all will give this half crazy, nutcase of a freak another chance :D

And that elephant is still in my back yard...

14. RedArchon

RedArchon IncGamers Member

I'm sure you won't get the cold shoulder around here since you're doing a restart.

As for this comment:

It made me chuckle... :grin:

15. Deaddave

glad to see your goin legit, let me know when you the dession bout the low lvl chars, and il be able to send you some spare sets and uniques iv got kicking around if you like. help you get back on your feet.

16. FreakII

FreakII IncGamers Member

Thanks Deaddave I'll let you know as soon as I hear :D
    I'll be back on monday, I'm entering the grail untwinked tourney so I'll be busy with that for now :D

17. FreakII

FreakII IncGamers Member

Hi dave

Ok so some of the chars had to be deleted and some not,
    I'm busy with the grail tourny at the moment, after that I'll take my Sorc to lvl 90+
    When I'm done I'll be starting to build up "lost" chars. My Freezon, Wind walker, FanatZeal pally. I'm sure once they all hit lvl 90+ I'll be well away with gear, just it takes sooo long to get them there, so if you can help out with some items to help them in the early parts I'll apreatiate this.
    Some low sets and uniques lvl 1-40

I can't thing of spes things now, exect for sigon, they come in handy in the begining. Milabregga too, and angelic jewlry combo.

First one will be Freezon. let me know :D

18. Deaddave

all i need is your email and i got a stash with your name on it :D theres not much but theres some general twinking gear and other things you mite find useful. also whats your mod status?? because im rrw/rwm and i dont want to change your mod status.

19. FreakII

FreakII IncGamers Member

Yip I'm RRM/RWM as well since the restart.
    Thanks again for the help

dezso(dot)schaap(at)eskom(dot)co(dot)za

20. Deaddave

sent the stash, plz tell me whn you have recived it so i can deleye my copy