Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

So... ladder reset

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by fearedbliss, Nov 26, 2014.

1. fearedbliss

fearedbliss IncGamers Member

I was curious about this, has anyone ever thought about playing Single Player using the Battle.net time frames? Meaning that when ladder resets, you also reset. Delete all your ATMA/GoMule stuff, all chars, and just start fresh.

Seems like it could be fun since you basically have all your stuff forever in Single Player.

Even if you don't use battle.net time frames, you could always set your own clock hehe.

2. Fabian

Fabian IncGamers Member

Yeah there was a ladder going here years ago. I don't think it ever really took off though, it lasted for a while but with a pretty limited number of people playing I believe. Someone will probably link it.

3. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

People might put away their stashes for a while or have a few characters with self-imposed limitations on equipment, but why should they delete them? No way!

4. GooberGrape

GooberGrape IncGamers Member

Wayyyy back in the olden days, there was an SPF ladder. I think it was when 1.11 came out?? Anyway it tended to further shard our little community, and it took the help of a few good people like Thyiad to put this place back together. Now you're free to do what you want, I like it better that way. Personally I delete my stashes every time I take a break from the game, feels good to find that first Venom Ward again.

5. Cyrax

Cyrax IncGamers Member

I'm with krischan on this one. Why delete? If you want to play anew just play an untwinked char and keep your stashes/chars in case you want them at some point down the road.

6. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

I zipped chars and stashes and emailed them to myself when 1.13 final hit us, then started fresh. Indeed a good feeling to find those common uniques for the "first time" again, however not so great to know that a golden Glorious Axe is in that zip file, but not my current stashes which have like fourteen gold Giant Threshers....

7. SunsetVista

SunsetVista IncGamers Member

You can always just choose to play untwinked or play a tourney character instead of deleting a stash. Most of my fresh starts have been while time traveling. I don't think there are enough people playing to do a whole ladder reset thing.

8. UntwinkedPatriarch

UntwinkedPatriarch IncGamers Member

Instead of deleting your "Ladder" characters, you can simply mark them as "non Ladder" just like on real Ladder.

9. Nibiru-

Nibiru- IncGamers Member

I last ran the SPF ladder back in... 2010? Hit like 90 or 91 on a necro and lost interest.

10. krischan

Hmm, what's the point of emailing them to yourself?

11. Cyrax

Cyrax IncGamers Member

If you back up on a different place on your pc and the pc crashes you still lose files. If you have emailed them you still have them. Also applies to saving it to a USB and losing that. Email is harder to lose.

Personally i back it up fairly regularly to a different place on my harddrive and every once in a while i mail it to myself to have a second back up in case something happens to the pc.

12. nulio

nulio IncGamers Member

Dropbox and similar services allow for automatic backups. And that you can easily access your characters and stashes in every PC.
    For cases of corrupted files you can even use the older versions of a file thing.

13. bondcho

bondcho IncGamers Member

Hate bnet and jsp community it took them 4-5 h to dupe Jah and most of the people use all hacks and bots.

14. bodry

bodry IncGamers Member

That is a common misconception. Lot of them on the jsp community ran bots. Duping is not that frequent. If you look at the economy after a month of ladder reset, most of the people plays without (like 95%) HR depending gear.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

15. krischan

That sounds like a pretty awkward method to keep backups.

16. Cyrax

Cyrax IncGamers Member

What. A guy can't be awkward around here anymore? :p

17. GooberGrape

GooberGrape IncGamers Member

Well there goes the neighborhood.

18. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Zipped d2 chars and stashes doesn't really take up much space, and I don't have much else worth backing up. Very little which cannot be reinstalled or redownloaded. Emailing it to myself was simple, and it wasn't like i kept playing 1.12 after restarting in 1.13, so I only had to do that once.

About bnet, I don't do that any longer, because I want to behave like a bot (as in run pindle or meph in 20s games) but I don't want to actually see them or play with people who use botted, duped, shopped or otherwise illegit items.

19. fearedbliss

fearedbliss IncGamers Member

Lol, the entire point of me saying "ladder reset" is so that you end up not having your chars anymore and starting from scratch completely. Backing up the chars would defeat the purpose.

But yea, as Krischan said, people have many different ways to put self-limitations.. the above scenario I gave is just one of them ;).