Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

So I was watching AVP last night on cable...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Gorny, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Gorny

Gorny Banned

So I was watching AVP last night on cable...

Right about where the team discovers the sacrificial room and the alien queen emerges, next scene I caught was the one where the three predators come through the whaling station and wipe out everyone up there on the surface. As I was watching the whole thing I started to think...

If the predators went aftera group of Jedi, how would a fight go? I'm talking the Predators as they are in the movie, no arm cannons, and the Jedi are atleast knights including masters but no padawans. I'm guessing the Jedi might stand a chance versus stealthed predators due to the force.

2. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

Well, if the Jedi can sense the invisible Predators by using the force (much like when they can sense lasershots from the hoverdroids while wearing a blastshielddownhelmet)

I'd say the Jedi are superior, they can force back the Predators, and just slash them to tiny bits using the lightsaber.

It's not like the Predators are gonna be able to block a lightsaber with their claws, their claws already get damaged when the acid from the aliens gets on it.

The Predators wouldn't be able to come close enough to a Jedi to land a blow, and every weapon/net they throw would easily be decimated by the Jedi's lightsaber.

So I see no way the Predators would win this fight.
    It would be like attacking a rhino or tiger or elephant, using nothing but toothpicks and cotton wats.

EDIT: and if most Jedi are able to hold back the Dark Force Lightning using only their hand or lightsaber, I think the Predators wouldn't even stand a chance while wielding their arm cannon.

Imo, Jedi can only loose to an extreme superior force (like a nuclear bomb) or a vast number of enemies, so they can't fight/target/deflect all that can hurt them (after all, they're just flesh and bones, so once hit can die easily)

3. PlagueBearer

PlagueBearer IncGamers Member

A Jedi with X years of experiance and Y amount of skill beats a Predator with X experiance and Y skill virtually every time.

That said, you take an Elder and pit him against a moderatly trained/skillfull Master and you'd have an interesting fight. For one thing, most Elders HAVE faught telepaths before, and are able to quit their minds, stealthing themselves from such talents. Energy weapons like Lightsabres are not new concepts to a Predator.

4. ModeratelyConfused

ModeratelyConfused Banned

Isn't there a moratorium on versus threads?

5. PlagueBearer

PlagueBearer IncGamers Member

A) Why would there be? It's an off-topic forum, and one that allows discussion of topics like government and religion. Banning "Vs" threads is like letting people armed with AK-47s through the US/Mexican border but not people who looked funny.

B) A moderator started the topic, so I think it's okay.

6. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

So what? Ban him!

7. Freet

Freet IncGamers Member

So, when you say 'padawan' are you referring to the common South African padawan or the more rare horn billed variety?

Ok, you caught me. What the hell is a padawan?

8. ModeratelyConfused

ModeratelyConfused Banned

Remember a while back when there was roughly 100,000 vs threads?

9. Thelioness

Thelioness IncGamers Member

They are the Jedi kids aren't they?

10. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Lucas introduced the term with the Prequels. A Padawan is a Jedi in training, but not yet a Knight.

11. Freet

Freet IncGamers Member

Good. I was wondering if it should be added to the word filter. :grin:

12. Gorny

Gorny Banned

However it's not the same as a PYT. Or a PTYT.

Anyways, I wasn't trying to push this one off as another versus thread #165464

Just an idea I thought up last night.

13. Dawnmaster

I presume the term "Elder" here is meant to be an extreme experienced Predator orso?

Even so, what does quitting ones mind have to do with being able to stealth every energy produced by each midichlorian in your body? The Jedi will know the Predator is there, nomatter how quiet he is, and how still his thoughts are?

Lightsaber is no new concept to a Predator? Where does he know it from then? And even if he did, he'd be no match for a Jedi? The only thing that blocks lightsabers are other lightsabers and those special electric droid weapons from Revenge of the Sith? And evenso, the Jedi are extremely skilled to fight with it, where a Predator isn't.

And in the rare case that a Predator would be a match for a Jedi when both fighting with Lightsabers, the Jedi would be able to use the force to knock either the Predator back, or the weapons out of their hands, so I still see no victory for the Predator, it's a loose loose situation for them each way you look at it?

EDIT: in Attack of the Clones we see how distracted Jedi could sense a few worms in the nearby room, I presume Predators have a natural larger number of midichlorians, thus making them easier to detect, nomatter where they are and how cloaked?

14. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Not quite Dawnmaster, google "Cortosis Ore" ;)

15. Stoutwood

Stoutwood IncGamers Member

I think most of the dudes that Jedis normally fight are more advanced than Predators, so I don't see how they would stand a chance. Besides, they get dealt by an unarmed Schwarzenegger.

16. jackthelad

jackthelad IncGamers Member

Only 'coz he fell over in the mud while running away!

I back the Jedi every time, too.

17. Dawnmaster

Well, I have two things two say over that:

1) I quote your openingpost here: "I'm talking the Predators as they are in the movie, no arm cannons" So I'm correct to assume the Predators don't have Cortosis ore? I didn't see it anywhere in the movie so :rolleyes:

2) Even if they did, all it does is shutting down the lightsaber, so what? Jedis can still use the force to deflect all the weapons thrown at them, or just their hands for energy weapons, and they can knockback the Predator until his skull breaks?

Your move :wink3:

18. Machina

Machina IncGamers Member

Predators are far more interesting than Jedi so they get my vote :tongue:

19. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Good counter :p

20. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

AvP is THE WORST MOVIE EVER. I was expecting it to be awful, but I had no idea. The Predators are all wrong, the Aliens are all wrong, the plot is terrible, the whole thing is DUMBDUMBDUMBDUMBDUMB.

This thread is worthy of it. I mean, congratulations for combining the worst sci-fi se/pre-quels of all time in one thread, then making it a "vs" thread to top it all off.

Eh? So are they allowed to have the shoulder cannons?

Ban the n00b.

True, but it's just Gorny. :azn:

Be grateful you don't know.