So I was bored today...

Ebuski

Diabloii.Net Member
So I was bored today...

I decided to make some videos of me playing this game. The game is called stepmania and it's basically DDR for the computer. Those of you who don't know how to play, basically you hit the arrow keys that come up on the screen as soon as they reach the arrows at the top of the screen. Stepmania is a lot different from ddr because you play with your fingers using the arrow keys on your keyboard, which allows for harder songs.. Here are 4 videos I made using FRAPS

This video is of me AAA'ing a song which is kinda hard to do..
http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=Delirium9

This one is just a really fast song that I decided to record
http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=Lawn-Wake-VI

This song is probably the hardest one i've ever played.. I had to use 4 fingers instead of just my index's because otherwise it'd be impossible
http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=0x1311

This last song is me cranking the rate on a song to 1.6x it's normal speed, it's around 18 beats per second.. that's why I miss so many times on it.
http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=Quasar-1.6

If any of the links die just tell me and i'll re-upload them..

There's really not a point to this thread just to provide some entertainment and to show a few videos I made today

Jimi-

Diabloii.Net Member
you must be somekind of super human, it goes so fast i cant keep track. Is it really that fast or have you increased the speed in the video?

Ebuski

Diabloii.Net Member
it's really going that fast, I will upload a video later of me playing using an actual webcam (i made some awhile ago) My camera has broken since then so i dont have any really impressive ones but i have some with keysounds so you can tell it's not sped up.

Raistlin Majere

Diabloii.Net Member
I had a clip of myself seriously handing out kills. Also showed how fast I got kicked/banned from servers. Need to find it.

Nice man, show some more.

Killerama

Diabloii.Net Member
So many colorful arrows....so many....
I was watching those videos with my jaw hanging down, you have to upload some videos of you while playing the game, that must be crazy.

By the way, how often do you play that game?!

You must have reflexes of steel! :lol:

So many arrows.....

Johnny

Banned
And the award for the single most boring game of the year goes to......

Never start a thread with "I was bored" in it.

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
I believe it makes you a better person seeing all those "MARVELOUS", "GREAT", "EXCELLENT" etc flashing by. Its like therapy, but faster! (and cheaper too!)

A fairly recent update fixed a bug that let users control the speed of the game. . .did you happen to get that update? An 1100+ combo without a single miss is pretty damn impressive, especially at that speed.

UserMathias

Diabloii.Net Member
LorveN said:
I believe it makes you a better person seeing all those "MARVELOUS", "GREAT", "EXCELLENT" etc flashing by. Its like therapy, but faster! (and cheaper too!)
With enough time it should eventually burn itself into the eyes. That way you see it everywhere you look.

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
UserMathias said:
With enough time it should eventually burn itself into the eyes. That way you see it everywhere you look.
Now isn't THAT wonderful? excellent? splendid?
Damn, watched his videos for too long. Im one of them! Mwaha!! not.

Ebuski

Diabloii.Net Member
Go to www.bemanistyle.com and search for the username Eggman, the song is called quasar.

{KOW}Spazed said:
A fairly recent update fixed a bug that let users control the speed of the game. . .did you happen to get that update? .
Dunno if you're bein serious or not, but it'd be really hard to fake that video, if you notice there are "perfects" amongst the marvelous's at random intervals which would be impossible to fake if it came down to a bot or some program controlling the game.. If my camera cooperates ill do it with a real camera with like a mirror or something so you can see my fingers

Ebuski said:
Go to www.bemanistyle.com and search for the username Eggman, the song is called quasar.

Dunno if you're bein serious or not, but it'd be really hard to fake that video, if you notice there are "perfects" amongst the marvelous's at random intervals which would be impossible to fake if it came down to a bot or some program controlling the game.. If my camera cooperates ill do it with a real camera with like a mirror or something so you can see my fingers

I don't mean to accuse falsely, but those are really fast. The bug allowed the user to slow the game down to any desired speed and then play. So perfects could still be random.