Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

So, I was at EB the other day...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BSU, May 8, 2005.

1. BSU

BSU IncGamers Member

So, I was at EB the other day...

(a game store) for about an hour and a half. Me and a freind were arguing over who gets to buy the only copy of Soul Blade they had. Took us about an hour to remember that they could look on the computer to see if other local EB stores had a copy, and 2 of them did :lol:
    When we have a day off, we're going to take an hour drive to get another cool old game (Inteligence Qube).
    With me playing them for hours and hours and hours strait when I have free time and him having a collection of thousands of games we're just a couple of gaming freaks :buddies:

2. SelfBaisResistor

SelfBaisResistor IncGamers Member

What exactly do you want us to respond to? I don't mind going to places like EB or GameStop and playing the demo games they have. However, their prices seem to be a bit more than places like Target or Best Buy.

3. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

EB is a great place to get a new game. At least the store near me knows when the airplane is landing for their new shipment, so if you're waiting on a new release, they can tell you almost the exact time to go grab your new game. And you can preorder online, and then pick it up in the store, so you don't have to pay tax. I don't know about their used games, but I definitely recommend them if you're looking for the newest release.

4. Killerama

Killerama IncGamers Member

Soul blade? As in the prequel to Soul Calibur? I loved Soul Calibur 2 (the only one I played :( ) I would like to get it just for the story :p .

By the way, I hate the way Namco teases us by making Soul Calibur 3 only on PS 2 :mad:

5. SelfBaisResistor

SelfBaisResistor IncGamers Member

And that's where it should be! I've tried playing SC2 on GameCube and it's god awful. That controller is not set up for fighters at all. However, it maybe that I'm so stuck because of Tekken, which is also made by Namco and also a PS/PS2 exclusive.

6. Killerama

Killerama IncGamers Member

I have played all 3 versions of Soul Calibur 2, and I love the GameCube controller, the buttons are in the right places, I guess it varies from person to other. Anyway, my point was, Namco released Soul Calibur 2 on every console, but Soul Calibur 3 is a PS 2 exclusive, as if Namco were teasing us GameCube/Xbox users which is what really annoyed me.

7. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

SC2 on gamecube is great and it's the top selling version last I heard

8. Tor

Tor IncGamers Member

EB is great

has almost everythign you need

9. BSU

BSU IncGamers Member

I got the game for under $4 and it works like new.

I hate they way they compleatly messed up weapon master mode in sc2 (never played sc1). In soul blade they had stories for all the charicters. Also, when they wanted you to fight one of the non-charicters, they made a special charicter instead of just putting in a random charicter that is playable. Get Soul Blade, it's better then soul caliber 2.