Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

So I kissed this girl on the lips tonight...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by raffster, Dec 22, 2006.

1. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

are you sure you were sober when you typed this? Herb Alpert has as much to do with that song as I do, I recall a whole lot of sax, and um, no trumpet, no brass, no Herb

looking it up, the song was recorded by The Champs, and no, those aren't the guys who did Disco Inferno

*smacks some sense into durf*

2. Ariadne

Ariadne IncGamers Member

I dated the overweight guy despite he didn't lose much weight and remained overweight, and it didn't stay by just a date. I don't have to apologize for who I am, either. Not more than anyone else.

3. Savage

Savage IncGamers Member

I don't really understand your answer. I'm not attacking you; I'm genuinely interested in your opinions on this matter. I'm not a huge fan of rhetorical questions but it was the most straightforward way to frame my inquiry.

4. Carnage-DVS

Carnage-DVS IncGamers Member

Most overweight guys don't have the confidence to ask out attractive women, no matter how smart, witty, intelligent and kind they are. Trust me, been there, done that.
    However, neither have I found anyone that I'd be interested in dating until recently. I admit, I am overweight, and could stand to lose quite a few pounds. I also admit that she's somewhat out of my league, but that's not going to stop me, simply because we get along famously, and I love being around her.

Got a little sidetracked there. To each his own I say. If you find overweight people to not be your thing at all, then so be it. If you can overlook the extra weight in lieu of the person's other qualities, then kudos to you as well.

5. Ariadne

Ariadne IncGamers Member

Perhaps I misunderstood it.....it's easy to misread something. Bear in mind that English is not my first language so what makes sense to you may come over wrong on to me. It's also not easy for me finding a way to express my EXACT thoughts in another language. I can hardly do it in my own language mind you.

But it is as I said. If I were attracted to a person, I'd not even mention the overweight. I'd consider it to be part of the person I'm attracted to, not the extra bit that is the downer on someone's attractiveness.

Taking it away from the overweight conversation, I had this talk with a friend years ago.
    me: "that's a handsome lad over there."
    her: "no he's not, he's got long hair, yech"
    me: "ah yes I forgot, you don't like it, but I find it really goodlooking on some guys"
    her: "you know I can stand it"*)
    Now for the record, I really thought the bloke was goodlooking in general while she from the very same guy thought he was hideous.
    Now had he had greasy, messy hair and had looked like he never looked after himself, I'd not been attracted to the man in the first place. But I considered him to be goodlooking.
    It's all in how you perceive someone. I'd not call someone attractive if I have to add "but he's overweight" or "he's got this ugly long hair".

And now I'm only just talking about looks......

*) we never argued about guys. I never liked the smooth sort of guys she went for, she never liked the puppy eyed long haired men that I'm attracted to

6. marcello

marcello Banned

A thread like this require pictures.

7. jakotaco

jakotaco IncGamers Member

*starts practicing the puppy eye looks waiting for hair to grow*

damn, hair isn't growing...

*gives up*

8. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

He is? For some reason I had this firm mental picture of him and he was white.

9. llad12

llad12 IncGamers Member

As I said before Raff, you are just rounding another bend in your road of life. :wink3:

10. raffster

raffster IncGamers Member

I am very Asian. Filipino with some Chinese blood.

11. themachine

themachine IncGamers Member

Kissed a girl on the lips. For the first time. Are you 10?

12. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

I respect you so much more now that I know you don't read anything about the threads in which you post. If you'd read anything of the thread, or the many that raffster has made, you'd know that he was even married. Now stop being an arse.

13. raffster

More accurately speaking, I haven't kissed another girl on the lips other than my wife in over 10 years.

And I remember kissing my Mom on the lips when I was 3 or 4. Does that count?

Next week I might be getting lucky to kiss a few hot latinas. Next year I'm going for at least 100.

:tongue:

14. bladesyz

bladesyz IncGamers Member

To be honest, when I first read your threads, I thought you were pretty young too. I was surprised when you said you were 35. Judging from your posts, the issues you have seem to have more in common with teenagers than anything else.

15. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder IncGamers Member

People just coming out of long-term relationships like a 10 year marriage DO have some of the same issues as teenagers. The dating game doesn't really change no matter what age you are, and being out of it for that length of time you forget how it all works. When I first came out of a 4 year relationship it felt like I was 15 again- I had forgotten how to approach women, to flirt effectively, etc. Also, when you've been through something like Raffy has it tends to reset your confidence to zero, further increasing the similarities with many teenagers.

16. raffster

Nicely put, Cannon Fodder, and thanks for the insights.

I'm starting to come out of my shell again, so to speak, and kissing someone on the lips in a romantic context other than your spouse is quite a big thing when it is a big taboo in a marriage.

I miss kissing my wife but she told me that I should already move on. I doubt I'll be dating anyone quite seriously in a while, but I have to start rebuilding my life. It is almost daunting and I'm glad that my plight isn't as bad as the other divorced/separated guys I've met who are fighting with their ex's in court for child custody, property and even furniture or cars.

I am very much like a teenager under the circumstances...and in a lot of ways that is quite exciting.

17. DrunkPotHead

DrunkPotHead IncGamers Member

Don't you mean: Would you marry a chimpanzee that could talk?

18. CookiesnCream

CookiesnCream IncGamers Member

Oh, Rachael Leigh Cook is "very tasty". :)

And if some people like to judge others by personality and are genuinely attracted to the person, then I wouldn't say that's unbelievable, although every guy I know is pretty shallow. And if some people are attracted to others based on looks, then I don't see what the problem with that is. Everyone has their own tastes and people you may find attractive may be unattractive to someone else.

And have fun raffster when you meet those ladies. ;)

19. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

I'd rather you smacked this tequila buzz out of me

20. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

I got some patron but I'm saving it and just been eating sauza chocolates all day