Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

So I had an Um rune poof today...

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by ArcTeryx, Oct 3, 2006.

1. IntelligentX

IntelligentX Diabloii.Net Member

I don't think any runes poof as a news for me anymore.

2. nepeta

nepeta Diabloii.Net Member

Nonsense. Just be content with what you got. If you'd quit dealing like you do, dupers would be out of business. But no. Hell no. No...

3. sungam

sungam Diabloii.Net Member

But they do have a whole horde of warcraft players who fill their coffers monthly.

I wish they had the capability of running ruststorm nightly and increasing the chance of finding the HR's btu as it stands you just have to accept that the dupe supporters will run around with perfect kit

4. Josiphos

Josiphos Diabloii.Net Member

I agree. Nightly ruststorm, and triple the rune drop (% and quality).

That would go a long way to fixing the economy. Maybe that is why the reset is taking so long...they are working furiously....:laugh:

5. ArcTeryx

ArcTeryx Diabloii.Net Member

I guess I just don't understand how the duping actually works. Do you just click a button and you have a new, duplicated item, i.e., dupers could dupe hundreds of items per hour? Does anyone know?

6. IntelligentX

IntelligentX Diabloii.Net Member

I will say read the rules. We cannot discuss anything about that in this forum.

7. ArcTeryx

ArcTeryx Diabloii.Net Member

Gotcha. I was just curious as to why it was so widespread.

8. lagalot

lagalot Diabloii.Net Member

Tripling the rune drop % doesnt sound bad at all.It would still be much harder to acquire the runes than it is now with the dupe situation but nowhere near as impossible to make runewords with self found runes as it is now.

9. greenjello

greenjello Diabloii.Net Member

It's true that it will keep deleting cheater's duped stuff over and over, but afterall they are the ones cheating. They can simply keep duping so anything they lose isn't really a loss. They can continue doing whatever they were doing. They will keep finding legit players to trade with even if we all know how bad the duping is.

Since the cheaters can't be screwed by ruststorm, the only people who can be screwed are legit players. So from my point of view Blizzard is doing nothing but screwing over legit players.

What I don't understand about duping is this:

Obviously they have methods of determining if an item is legit. Otherwise nothing would be deleted in the first place. Why can't they prevent those items from every being made? Why can't the game recognize it's not legit and not allow it to appear?

If they simply can't do that, why can't they make it so duped items can't be traded or sold? The only thing you can do is drop it and no one can pick it up.

10. Nilaripper

Nilaripper Diabloii.Net Member

Once a ruststorm runs on a regular basis the duped items wont stay.Result:No legit player will trade his selffound stuff for cheap duped runes,knowing that they will disappear.

11. illerrre

illerrre Diabloii.Net Member

Why do u people even trade? I would never want to have any duped thing on me - therefor I don't trade. Its SUPPOSED to be HARD to find things like zod and so on. In a legit game zod would be worth amazingly much ffs. Maybe it should take non stop playing for 10 months to find a zod.

12. RequiemDeath

RequiemDeath Diabloii.Net Member

Why not??? 1.11 hell is all but impossible without good gear, IMHO... NM can drop okay stuff, but the better stuff is in hell... If you can't survive in hell, then you come to a plateau, thus making the game frustrating, and not fun... Online play gives you a better chance to get those items that will help you out a little bit... This brings me to this statement:

Why??? :shocked: That's just silly... Got a life, you know? I love the game, but not that much... I want it to be fun... Perhaps you might disagree, but getting my *** handed to me, X hours per day, every day, for however long isn't exactly my idea of fun...

I like having a ghetto character that can hold its own Normal-NM, but I like seeing how powerful I can get them too... Sure, getting a Mal rune and saving it for what ever it is you need is great fine and wonderful, but perhaps you're getting owned in Act 1 hell, and this guy over here has something you could really use that would up your characters survivability 10 fold, and all he wants is a Mal for it... I'd do it... How could you not? Besides, when will that item ever drop for you, and WILL it ever drop for you? Maybe, maybe not...

I'd like to have the opportunity to move on in the game, try other builds, and so forth... Not just be stuck for months trying to get one to the point where it doesn't get raped before Act 4...

I trade, play, enjoy... Rinse and repeat... Is it duped? I don't care... Why should I care... If it poofs, it poofs... Life goes on, it's just a game... The game is supposed to be fun... If having whatever gosu item in the game I want makes it fun to me, then I WILL have it... That's my affair...

Just play... Trade... Make friends... Help people out if you can (and if they aren't butt-heads) HAVE FUN WITH IT!!! Mostly, just play... :soapbox:
    Vote for me...

*Requiem_Death
    for
    President

13. Merick

Merick Diabloii.Net Member

In the truest sense of the word, legit players don't use duped runes. Thus, they don't get burned by poofing runes. Using dupes encourages dupers.
    You so don't need any runeword to beat hell. A lot of people seem to think hell is too hard without duped items, but it really isn't if you know what you're doing. Thousands of characters on our SPF have beat hell since 1.11.

14. franzjosef

franzjosef Diabloii.Net Member

I'm not a programmer nor pretend to be. But it seems to me that one way to stop duping would be to tag every single item that ever drops, and have the servers track where those items end up and when --think of it as item DNA. Any account that suddenly has clones (items with identical DNA) would be rust-stormed, but first the server would do a trace to see at what point in the food chain the cloning took place. Whatever account is responsible could then be banned.

I think, however, that this could be worked around on the user end. Therefore the ultimate solution would be to make all info be kept server-side, including character saves. This will cost $$$. My brain now hurts. I may yet switch back to Civilization *.

15. MasterMegatron

MasterMegatron Diabloii.Net Member

one reason why i dont trade self-found sojs...

16. lagalot

lagalot Diabloii.Net Member

One reason I would keep a self found soj if I wanted to trade for another:evil:

17. rata

rata Diabloii.Net Member

btw. what do we do if we got multiples of the same item ( my mules are currently holding 3 hozs, tal armours & ammy's, eth zerker and eth kraken armours ready to be glitched..etc). obviously it'll be traded for something ??:rolleyes:

18. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy Diabloii.Net Member

My cracked sash went poof on me yesterday.

19. Elcold

Elcold Diabloii.Net Member

ROFL, was it at least eth?:grin:

20. pera

pera Diabloii.Net Member

Sorry but I cannot agree with this. The trading is part of the game. Important part if you ask me. The game would not be nearly as fun to me, as it is now, without the trading.

I trade for HRs (I have no way of knowing if they are duped or not), since, in present realm economy, that is the only way to get the value out of my hard found items and to get the stuff I need and want (not necessary the runewords). I do not dupe nor do anything that Blizzard didn't intent me to do with the game. So I do not think I am less legit than any other player on realms.

If some of my runes poof I accept it as neccesary loss, anoyance and calculated risk and continue.