Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

So, I got my Baal runner started - But not quite happy yet <

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Klæmint Vágadal, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Klæmint Vágadal

Klæmint Vágadal IncGamers Member

So, I got my Baal runner started - But not quite happy yet

I lvl a LighZon to 87 and now I want to start doing some serious baal running. But I have some problems. I only do about 2100+ LF dmg:undecided: and 78% Pierce.

Here is the gear:

Shako pTopazed
    Enigma Mp
    Spirit
    T-Gods
    Dual Nagels
    Magic Amulet w/ 35% Mf and 27% Lres
    War Traweler's
    Chancies
    Titans (Cant get sockets?:shocked: )

I would like some more FHR and IAS and still maintain good mf and killing speed. Any suggestions?

2. d00m2k

d00m2k IncGamers Member

What's your problem again?

Do you teleport to throne?

I've found a level 24 LF with 24 CS is plenty to solo Baal in a decent amount of time. That's an LF under 1000 damage. I don't use valk, and I use a lot of decoy to properly group the mobs so that LF does a lot of damage.

3. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

I don't get what the problem is either. Perhaps your playing strategy?

My planned setup will have a LF of 1-2350, and that is high enough to slaughter Baal's minions even in an eight player game. It could go higher, but I'm maxing the Valkyrie.

If you're PvM, you don't really need FHR. At best, get a skiller or two with FHR. Swap the Chance Guards for a rare +2 java, 20% IAS, xxx gloves, and that should be enough IAS. Add in a 15% IAS jewel to reach the next breakpoint, if you wish.

4. Yossarian

Yossarian IncGamers Member

Shako pTopazed
    Enigma Mp
    Spirit
    T-Gods- Use razor tail if you want more peirce
    Dual Nagels- I'd scrap one of these for a good mana leach source to limit your potting. Plus I'd get a Raven for the no freeeze and dex.
    Magic Amulet w/ 35% Mf and 27% Lres- Get a +skill mf ammy if you need more damage.
    War Traweler's
    Chancies
    Titans (Cant get sockets? )- no throwing weapon can. Think how many runes jewels you'd need.

A few skillers would help as others said and maybe a highlords for an ammy to get the IAS and + skills you want. Get some 7 mfsc to make up for the MF loss.

5. Klæmint Vágadal

Ya, It prolly are my skills. And I have gotten my slef a Highlords, now im doing better dmg. And ya, I will get my self a Raven, it sux being frozen.

Btw; is there a LF bug or something, because I was questing in NM, where I stopped in the Frozen River to kill some Monsters, and about the first 4-5 javas did not even make a dent on the creatures and I was sorrounded by em. Ever had this happen?

...come to think of it,I really dont know why I made this thread:rolleyes:Just a gear rating I guess.

6. FrostBurn

There isn't a bug to LF.

What you described sounds like the D/A/E bug kicking in when you were trying to LFury.

7. Klæmint Vágadal

What are the FHR breakpoints for a Ama? I have searched but came up with nothing.

8. FrostBurn

9. rynke

rynke IncGamers Member

what is you resists, i'm thinking of making one with eni too..

10. Perfect Hatred

Perfect Hatred IncGamers Member

sounds more like some serious lagg kicking in

11. doraemon

doraemon IncGamers Member

you can't socket throwing weapons

get yourself a griffon or some javagcs for more dmg if you want. otherwise the gear you have should be more than sufficient to run throne, just decoy well.

12. Klæmint Vágadal

Rynke: My resists are BAD, all negative besides Lightning, and that is because of charms. But when I tele, the resists are not so bad, cant remeber what they are, but non of them are negative and Lightnig is max, altso do I get some abrorb from T-Gods, so souls cant toutch me:smiley:

I dit a few run's last night, about 4 souls is enough to stop me from teleing, and If I hit a pack of Knights, im doomed. Cant it be because my FHR is too low? It HAS to be that. Im only gettign 55% from Spirit, no other source of FHR. Feed back on the gear you guys use who do baal runs would be nice:smiley: Or is it just my skills that lack? :scratch:

And my dmg is good enough, baal is down in a flash, same with all his minions.

13. FrostBurn

Sorry, but I get a little incredulous when people suggest that 55% FHR is not enough for PvM. Trust me, it is more than enough.

If you are tele'ing with a zon into the middle of Doom Knights, you have a good chance to be a goner. Zons have the absolute worst cast rate... once you get hit by a Knight, your casting is interrupted, and you won't cast fast enough to tele out again.

Your skill distribution is fine. Perhaps you could tele a little more cautiously? TGod's is an excellent belt for WSK running.

14. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

with javzon you need to do telerunning instead of just teleporting - this means you run as much as possible then tele through mobs at important moments

i think what you mostly lack is fcr, because with spirit you can only reach the 15frame bp, which means you need 0.6 seconds to complete the casting animation

i'd recommend you try to reach the 68fcr bp, for which you'll need to replaca harle with griffon & one nagel with a fcr ring
    or you could just dedicate your weapon slot#2 for fcr gear, and try to reach the 99fcr bp (12 frames)

and as others have said, fhr isn't your problem because with just spirit you already reach the 6 frame fhr bp - that's pretty decent compared to many other classes

15. rynke

rynke IncGamers Member

This is what i use, and it's pretty easy, as long as u just play it pretty safe and not tele directly into big packs.

Titans with lots of leech
    eni mp - Str, frw, tele MmMmm
    travs - str and mf
    Kira's guardian(u don't have Coh and with this u also get cbf, which is good and a nice fhr boost too, just get a skiller with 12% fhr and u have 86 bp (55+12+20) u can sock it with what ever u like, i prefer Um or shael(then u can ditch fhr sk)
    tgods, cause of abs and strenght.
    2/20/res gloves
    Cat's eye - frw and dex MmMmm
    rings of ur choice, i have fcr/leech ring with mf + raven20
    Spirit 35 - what's not to like? :O
    cta/spirit on switch or if u wanna tele alot get wizzy.

I mainly run, but when i see lots of monsters or a wall is blocking my way, i tele. u should have max res with anni 20-20 and torch 20-20

my stats is all vita, except a few points in str for Spirit with cta. Hope it helps