Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

So I got a phone call at 3:30 a.m.....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Spellsinger, Sep 30, 2006.

1. Spellsinger

Spellsinger IncGamers Member

So I got a phone call at 3:30 a.m.....

...and its my security company telling me that the alarm at my business has tripped. I drive the 25 mins. to get there and find the front door which is glass, is shattered. The police arrive and enter, guns drawn. Nothing appears to be taken, and no one is inside.

Upon further inspection of the damage we notice that not only is the door shattered but the whole front of the store, which is all windows is moved about 6 inches off the foundation, and there is a skid mark on the sidewalk in front. Thats right, someone drive their car into the front of my store:undecided:

So here I am at 5:30 a.m, I cant leave because theres no front door:shocked: and I figure, hey why not post this in the OTF:smiley:

O well i guess thats what insurance is for

2. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

Sounds like the start of a fun day. Settle in for the long haul, you could be there a while, waiting to be able to close it back up.

3. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

What kind of business?

4. Spellsinger

Its a custom picture framing business. Posters, prints, canvases, shadowboxes, things like that.

5. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

Man, that's ****ty. Hope you get it fixed up and your business back up and running quickly.

6. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

sorry to hear about this. People should really take responsibility for their actions.. hope you get it fixed soon.

7. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

This may sound like a silly question, but if I understood it correctly, they broke in, and fled as soon as the alarm went off (without taking anything quickly?) or was it a silent alarm and didn't they find anything usefull to take with them and just left?

8. PatMaGroin

PatMaGroin IncGamers Member

They were most likely drunk, and crashed into his storefront.

Around here, we have a video rental place called Movie Gallery. Well a guy I went to high school with pulls up, goes inside and does some business, comes outside to leave, jumps in his truck, throws it down in gear and floors it. Turns out he had it in Drive instead of Reverse, and he plowed through half the strore front. He was high at the time. He went to jail for a while.

I never liked that guy.

9. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

this thread would be better with a picture...you can have it blown up and framed later. :wink3:

10. Savage

Savage IncGamers Member

Sounds fun, really. Apart from the destruction of your property bit.

11. Stompwampa

Stompwampa IncGamers Member

Nothing caught on video surveillance?

12. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle IncGamers Member

It sucks when some crazy people decide to go for a joyride at other people's expense.
    Hope your business gets up and running soon enough.

13. ogogo on ice

ogogo on ice IncGamers Member

Exact same kind of thing happened to my work. Come into work on Monday, apparently a drunk guy drove into the corner of our store at 2:30 in the morning, totally wrecking half of the store and what wasn't destroyed got covered in steam for a good 1 or so before we could get the pipe capped. Least we got the guy, he was stuck in his car until the fire department could use the jaws-o-life on him.

14. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

Last year we had a pretty bad ice storm so they closed most everything down. The robotics team decided to go ahead and meet all day anyway though. One of the many many wrecks I saw that day included a woman in a huge SUV not be able to stop on a hill and slam into a frame store. She made a dent in the bricks and knocked over a small stop light(the kind that just go straight up, not the ones with the arm). Me and another guy got out to help, she was really confused, didn't know what happened etc. The other guy said he would stay and told me to go, so I did.

Moral of the story? Frame stores are doomed.

Sucks that your store got hit, I guess the only protection against that is those big yellow concrete pillars. Do you have any surveillance to get a plate number?

15. Spellsinger

Well thats the weird part. I dont think that breaking in was the goal. I know someone came in because some stuff was moved (my fax machine) but nothings missing. The cash drawer wasnt touched, and my checkbook is where I left it. I dunno, maybe they crashed int the window and thought, well since its open maybe ill look around. The alarm on the door didnt trip, it wasnt until they came inside that the motion detector got them. Its not silent so maybe they looked quickly and took off. Their is a skid mark on the sidewalk that looks like an accleration mark as opposed to one made by breaking.

Their are no video cameras in the area so thats out.

Thanks for all the kind words. The landlord sent out a guy that has sinced replaced the door, and the rest will get fixed Monday. So its back to business. Now if I could just get some big money to walk in ill be set.:azn:

By the way, when I told my landlord what had happened he didnt seem suprised at all. He has seen this kind of thing at least 6 times in the various shopping centers he owns.

16. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

Criminals are idiots, God knows why they do the things they do.

17. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

Is this a logical extension of my general motto, of "People are morons"?

18. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

Yeah, except criminals are even more stupid than normal people, by and large.

19. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

That is a rather terrifying idea.

20. marcello

marcello Banned

When talking about irritating things, got an SMS at 4.30, it was my phone company advertising for a damn song when ppl call me, talk about I was pissed.