Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

So,I found this GC in Act 2 pits

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by pippen, Apr 11, 2005.

1. pippen

pippen IncGamers Member

So,I found this GC in Act 2 pits

Just wondering, I found this grand charm in lvl 2 of the pits, is this thing worth cubing ?

2. zXz

zXz IncGamers Member

was it in normal, nightmare or hell mode?

3. Sharaz

Sharaz IncGamers Member

if hell yes, but it will have an very high average number of re-rolls until you get a skiller. its probably about ilvl 85-** that dropped in there. skillers begin at ilvl 50, where the mod pool is much shallower, and can roll a skiller in much fewer average number of rolls.

for ilvl 50, search NM act3 great marsh and flayer jungle.

4. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

From what I understand Thrugg and others have described the difference between cubing a Nightmare Act3 skiller and a Pits skiller (for example) as being "minimal" - quotes being mine. I don't think the average for a skiller roll would be "much fewer" from what i've read.

5. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

if i recall right, there's a 1/21 chance of a lvl 50 charm rerolling to a skiller and a 1/23 chance of a baal gc. The pits charm isn't worth anything in trade, but it could be ok to attempt to roll a skiller. All depends if that .4% chance differential is important to you. I say it is, but you might not think so.

6. Paddle

Paddle IncGamers Member

And, again, Pit GCs can have some great mods that wouldn't spawn on a nightmare act3 GC, such as vita suffix.

7. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

There are very few affixes above +1 skill tree on a grand charm on the average any grand charm capable of getting +skills will need 66 Pgems to get a random +skill, for a specific skill that value is much larger 1386 Pgems if my calculations are correct.

If the grand charm is found beyond Act 3 Nightmare it is possible to get +skills. I prefer to use Hell grand charms just to be sure when you can not check ilvls.

8. Sharaz

Sharaz IncGamers Member

an ilvl 99 charm has signigificantly more mods to choose from. i dumped about 200-300 pgems down a baal charm (or probably more, as it took several weeks of re-rolling) before i finally got a +1 poffensive and stopped. ilvl 50 charms, ill usually roll 2 of them before i empty a totally full mule.

i seriously encourage anyone who wants to dedicate the shortest amount of time (and fewest gems) to re-rolling charms, to read that article i posted above. ive been re-rolling religiously for about 5 months how, and that article is dead on accurate.

9. FlyingPerson

FlyingPerson IncGamers Member

it depends....re-roll ilvl 50 gc sure has higher chance to get a skiller (even though its 1/21 and 1/23...higher chance is higher chance)

however, ilvl 85+ gc has potential to make you become rich
    Dont have to be baal gc (ilvl 99) which can give u highest life (45) but ilvl 85 gc can sure give you 35-40 range...which is consider remarkable already.

by the way...i post a pc in trade value but didnt get any response...so execuse me to ask it here....what is a Barb Combat gc with 32 life worth?

10. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

IIRC there are three affixes with an Alvl higher than the +skilltab affixes. Maybe significantly more suffixes, but if you're searching for +skilltab it hardly makes a difference.

11. Sharaz

Sharaz IncGamers Member

flyingperson... there is definatly no denying that. the higher lvl charms can roll some awesome mods that are not available on the ilvl 50s. i guess im also speaking from a point of view that i just want the utilitarianism of the +1, and tho i maybe should be, im not as concerned as the second mods.

RTB... it does make a difference. i rolled that ilvl99 for weeks until i got a skiller. if you personally have only re-rolled one, and got lucky in your first day, then awesome. me personally, ive made at least 20 skillers, probably 60% of them from nightmare act3, and of those, they re-roll in only a handful of rolls. the one baal charm ive done, as again i mentioned above, concumed hundreds of gems before a skiller appeared. bad luck? i doubt it. the way it works?... most definatly.

me personally... yes i keep baal charms when im lucky enough to grab em. but i usually hold them and wait to reroll them until im having a hard day getting ilvl50 charms.

12. FlyingPerson

hehe..yeh..if just +1, then go with ilvl 50 gc.
    just i personally like to go with higher ilvl around 80
    to give a chance of godly second mod and trade it.

I am not perfectionist. Just like you, I am not that care about second mod, I would be happy with +1 PCombat, or +1Trap or whatever without second mod. Just by chance if I re-roll a +1PCombat with 3x life, guess what will I do? I will trade it for hrs or 4-5x P-Combat....

In that case, I feel its more profit by doing a high ilvl gc:) and of course you have to pay for it....(cost more pgems)

oh..by the way, another advantage is..if you got a sucky skill with good second mod..it can make that gc worth something as well....for example, as the question i asked before, i re-roll a B-Combat with 32 life, and I traded it for an Ist...if I use ilvl 50 gc, i will only get B-Combat skill without second mode..then it worth nothing..........

13. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

It's bad luck. A single occurance doesn't prove a thing in statistics. You may of course believe what you want to believe, but no telling of false facts when I'm around.

14. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

i have used several mules of gems to roll a baal charm but i have also gotten very nice skillers on the first and 2 rolls...doubt it all you want it all comes down to luck

15. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

that number, 21/1 is actually more like 21.9/1 so the difference is even less... I'd rather have the chanse of +35-40 life (ilvl 80+ charms) or even a baal charm.

16. pippen

pippen IncGamers Member

Wow, lots of replies here...yes, in hell, I found it out of the chest in lvl 2 pits...used 9 p gems, nothing so far...

Wish me luck...

17. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

9 pgems isn't much, if you get it by 30 pgems, concider yourself fairly lucky. If you gat it by 60 pgems, that's pretty average, start complaining about being unlucky when you have burned 200 pgems and still not gotten a skiller...

I hereby wish you luck!

18. NEURO_CKY

NEURO_CKY IncGamers Member

im sry....that is simply put...incorrect info. as rtb stated what you experienced was called bad luck. and he and i are alike in that.....we dont let incorrect info fly past us w/o letting others know that it is false. but again....believe what you may.
    I personally have rolled countless pcombat, cold, wc gcs (most with life) out of baal charms. if they would have been i lvl 50 gcs, i would have had almost literally the exact same odds of rolling those charms..........except i would not have gotten the killer high life mods. but again...believe what you must......

CampKillYourself

19. FlyingPerson

by the way, whats the best states you can get from baal sc?

20. FlyingPerson

burn 200 pgems is not that bad at all..
    if you experience something like I did..then its call bad luck

the current baal gc i am re-rolling has cost me 300 pgems (full stash in 3 char)

I do get some skiller..but guess what...Barb mastery, Necro curse, Druid Summon, Zon passive...none of them useful....and none of them has value more than a "baal gc". I can get um for baal gc, but i cant get anything from those junk skiller... :mad: