Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

So I found this claw, but!

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by DjSlayer, May 1, 2005.

1. DjSlayer

DjSlayer IncGamers Member

So I found this claw, but!

Is there a viable build for it, I don't play assasins atm, but I plan to make one in the near future. And if there is a build for it, what is a good sock for it? Shael? Thanks for input.

http://img138.echo.cx/img138/5264/screenshot0033kc.jpg

- D.J.

2. bluedragoon

bluedragoon IncGamers Member

death sentry has les dmg then lightning sentry, and most people use it only for the corpse explosion. If it was lightning sentry on that claw, it would have been perfect for a trapper, but i cant think of anything with this thing, srry

3. corax

corax IncGamers Member

it's still not a bad claw by a long shot for a trapper. especially if your have nothing better :D

4. DjSlayer

DjSlayer IncGamers Member

bluedragoon: If it was with +3 to LS, by dang I would have used it to make a trapper, but if the death sentry's only purpouse to remove corpses, no thanks (those belong to the necro or the paladin). Thanks for the reply anyway :).

corax: The IAS and the +2 to sin skills is the only thing that claw has for it self. If there is no viable build around this claw with the +3 to DS then it's Charsi food (my fav. NPC).

- D.J:

5. Grobyc

Grobyc IncGamers Member

Death Sentry isn't used to destroy corpses, there is that purpose, but not the main one. The main purpose of it is for the Corpse Explosion to destroy things nearby. Also, since Lightning Sentry and Death Sentry are synergized together, I see no point not to max both. I'm pretty sure that majority of the time, Death Sentry's Corpse Explosion will deal more damage than a shot from Lightning Sentry, the only downside to Death Sentry is that it has 5 shots compared to the 10 shots from Lightning, but I guess that's the price you have to pay to blow up the whole screen :clap: .

6. Abdiel

Abdiel IncGamers Member

Lightning Sentry's synergy to Death Sentry is more or less pointless. If you're going to synergize Death Sentry you want Fire Blast instead - adds 1 shot of kaboom for every 3 levels in Blast :) Course if ya want to use Lightning Sentry as well go ahead and skill it up.

As far as not wanting to remove corpses and such, well an unsynergized Death Sentry will only blow up 5 per use, so if you've got a major crowd scene happening it can be very useful to hurt every monster out there without destroying enough corpses to irritate any but the most anal necro or pally. If there are only a few mobs well then no, that'd maybe be bad.