Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

So, I asked Nevalistis about white items back in 2019

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by ElementEight, Jan 8, 2015.

1. ElementEight

ElementEight IncGamers Member

So, back in December (happy new year btw, 2019 was really exciting with the Blizzcon announcement of OverFarmVille and War Cry 3 - they sure are expanding their game genre pool!), players brought up the fact that white quality items weren't very competitive, and that some players needed a new long-term goal. Blizzard cooked us up a genius idea:

When I asked about the difference between regular white items and Abracadabra white items, Nevalistis pointed out that a 29352% increase in potential DPS shouldn't make these items feel like a necessity, more like a luxury, due to their rarity and the fact that "it doesn't even matter you already bought the game". These last words were enough to reassure me.

He was kind enough to provide with a teaser screenshot:

[​IMG]

Then, I asked about the fact that item rarity kinda felt pointless, because rares and legendaries were more common than blue and white items. Let alone grey. Grey is ****ing rare. Nevalistis' response was succint:

Another thing I asked is the potential for RNG affecting new season ladders and so on, because like, someone finding a weapon like this would surely clear all of the content like instantly faster than anyone else for no legitimate reason but I had been promptly removed and blocked from skype. Also was reported for harassment and my battle.net account shut for reason of "displaying critical thought" and "trying to save doomed franchise".

2. Iera

Iera IncGamers Member

Hey future guy! Good job xD

3. fmulder

fmulder Site Contributor

Good to know Blizzard will still be supporting D3 in 2019 :)

In 2019? I thought it was doomed back in 2012:D

4. ElementEight

ElementEight IncGamers Member