Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

So, how is everyone going?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Zalcitabine, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Zalcitabine

Zalcitabine IncGamers Member

So, how is everyone going?

I've been quite busy lately changing diapers on my newly born daughter so i couldn't stop by here as often as before.

What are you gals/guys up to lately? Do some people are still playing/doing the ladder thing or are you more here to chit-chat?

For myself, I haven't been playing D2 much lately but was starting to miss it a bit (the forums too)

Looking foward to be addicted again if a new ladder season comes around the corner :laugh:

later all,

Zalc

2. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

Welcome back! :wave:

3. Zalcitabine

hey there!

i am wondering, didn't you have 15k posts the last time i logged in (a month ago)? :laugh:

hehe just teasing you

4. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

We're still very disappointed in Evrae for letting his "posts per day" drop from over 50. :tongue:
    That was exciting...I guess he's slowing down...:sad:

5. Z-Suijin

Z-Suijin IncGamers Member

If I really knew him I might say he is getting old but since I dont I will just keep my mouth closed :lipsrsealed:

j/k :smiley:

Z-Suijin

6. Cooked

Cooked IncGamers Member

I used to be very active on the forums and in game but seem to be losing interest as my life changes.

Right now I am exploring the posibility of being an artist doing the female form both nude and clothed. I have to do nudes in order to learn how to do clothed figures. I know, sounds self serving but it really is the way it is done.

7. druliusCleaver

druliusCleaver IncGamers Member

That is the excuse of every guy who signs up for Life Drawing class, but be prepared for the models who show up for you to draw in class to be, let us say, ...uninspiring. :grin:

8. DarkElmo

DarkElmo IncGamers Member

Congrats on the N00B Born :D lol

Were here helping more and more beginers on D2 - Pwning Everyday >:D

9. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

Most are. I'm doing a similar thing with 3D modelling, and any good reference picture I can find, is of a not particularly attractive person. Then again, standing with your feet at shoulder width, and arms spread straight out to the sides, isn't the most attractive pose to begin with.

On the other hand, when I need to find pictures that show how muscles move and change with various actions so that I can properly animate... well, there are perks to this job.

10. Bjam

Bjam IncGamers Member

Hey Zalc,

I've quit playing D2 on-line completely. I went on vacation for 10 days and thought I'd be itching to play again when I got back, but it's been quite the opposite. I've only been on once since, but hat was only to "refresh" my accounts. I'm using my new wealth of free time to enjoy real life.

I still pop on to the forums to answer questions and hope for news of a reset. I'm also making a contribution to the forums (Uber Druid Guide) that have helped me so much and made the game immensely more enjoyable. I miss the community more than the game, but it's good to have the needle out of my arm and spend some time outdoors, exercising, and diving back into my many hobbies. Oh yeah, my wife likes the change too.

11. BlueDogAnchorite

BlueDogAnchorite IncGamers Member

Hey dude, I have never seen you before but congratulations on the kid!
    What age are you gonna let her get to before hooking her up with D2? :grin:

12. Zalcitabine

yea, i guess too. Still, 21k posts is lot of posts :azn:

I remember giveaways organized by you, i actually won one of them (the skihard one) :grin:

I also saw you got scammed not too long, sorry about that. I've never been scammed myself but i can understand the feeling. If it helps you moving to something else than D2, all the better though.

Did you once took drawing classes or is it a new hobby? I am a musician myself and have been resuming to play the piano alot more recently, it's a nice change from baalruns :smiley:

Sounds fun - i missed more D2 at the start of my break but after a little while the need is less there. When you log on after that you enjoy the game just as much i think but it doesn't comes with the addiction, robot-like playing and stupid goals you have when you are playing it too much (bored).

thanks - don't know, that will depend if there will still be D2 on Bnet..which is becoming more and more susicious lately since the ladder is taking so long to reset.

Anyways, games will look so much better in about 10 years from now that i'm pretty sure she will think it just sucks.

Thinking to it though, i would still enjoy playing jumpman and space taxi on the C64 :laugh:

13. Zarniwoop

Zarniwoop IncGamers Member

Good to hear from you Zalc.

I started a necro out of boredom (ever character I had previously was deleted).

I'm level 33 and outrageously uber!

Well, sort of uber.

Okay, I'm getting by...

Okay, okay, I'm a hopeless wreck and miserably gimp with just self-found stuff. But, it's mildly amusing while I hope for a reset.

14. Cooked

Cooked IncGamers Member

I won't be taking any life drawing classes but I sure know what you mean.
    Funny how the so called Hot Babes have better things to do in spite of all the prepubescent boys hoping otherwise.

Yes, I have done a number of giveaways glad to see people "recycle" all the old gear instead of filling the Bloodmore with trash and stinkin up the place.

I got hacked through a keylogger from Limewire or something my 10 year old downloaded. Lost all of my top gear on my best seven characters.

I have played around with art a bit, mostly jewelry design, so in a way this is new. I am working from photos but really will need to use models eventually. I may hire my own someday.

I have changed a number of diapers too.

My problem with babies is that they are SO organic. There is stuff coming out of every opening all day long. Gotta lov em though, they help you know you are alive like nothing else!

15. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

some ladder only item mules expired so i wiped everything with the deletion key and erased my obscene wealth on non ladder (after season 2)

now school/work/wow consumes whatever time i have

maybe in a few decades blizzard will make d3

16. Zalcitabine

wow man - well i guess playing another game made it easier for you to erase every one of your D2 characters.

i don't think i would be able to delete them in cold blood, maybe being scammed would be the best option :badteeth:

but then i'm sure i would like that either :tongue:

17. k/t

k/t Banned

I just spent 40 minutes in a school washroom drying my shoes with the hot air dryers. They're still a little humid on the inside, and rather wet on the outside, but a modicum of comfort has been achieved. Luckily I had spare socks.

Now I will skip a class to work out and post on these forums.

18. IntelligentX

IntelligentX IncGamers Member

Laziness also pwn joo too?

19. k/t

k/t Banned

No, since all I have to do in both cases is sit down. I just find those lectures boring.

20. cynicalcat1

cynicalcat1 IncGamers Member

i tried to get my daughter to play d2, little wench said it was for kids.i am 39, so i had to explain to her that guys get older, but we don't grow up.:grin:

congrats on the child zalc, enjoy her while you can.mine is getting ready to turn 19 and has no time for dad.:cry: