Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

So, how do you know if you are rich?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by ConnerMacleod, Feb 10, 2004.

1. ConnerMacleod

ConnerMacleod IncGamers Member

So, how do you know if you are rich?

My luck today was nice. I figured I'd go level outside a Baal run, in the Pit of course.

Pit 2: Boss drops me a nice new set of Tal Armor

Saturday a Goat Man in Nightmare dropped me a Tal's Ammy. And of course we all have perfect Tal Belts.

Anyhow, I have 8 accounts of mules with gear, and 2 accounts are dedicated to crafting & runes. I recently noticed they were all packed. I have 3 accounts of characters that I play and level - each are kinda geared out with nice stuff. I only have 1 account of PKers/Duellers. I trade every weekend all day for Pgems, and it still doesn't remove the clutter.

People accuse me of being rich all the time. I tell them I know McSaladshaker so I know I ain't rich. I've cubed all the Skill Charms I can stand, and I've cubed a ton of res/vita/mf charms. I'm moving onward into Jewel cubing.

What determines if you are rich? Is it having just a bunch of junk? If that were the case, most everyone would be rich. Is it having every item in the game? Is it having multiple copies of each item in the game? Is it sheer number of accounts?

2. Mcsaladshaker

Mcsaladshaker IncGamers Member

uhhhh, I've become poor because instead of mephing and getting all these shakos and ss and stuff, I've been doing a5 runs looking for a tals armor and still not finding one!!! Hey, its helping out my SAT vocab, so why not

3. Mad Merlin

Mad Merlin IncGamers Member

When you have no qualms about Isting your Shako and Tal's armour instead of P Topaz (because you JUST HAVE TO have that extra 1 MF), that's when you know you're rich. I'll admit I'm guilty of an Isted Tal's armour and 2 Isted Shakos in non-ladder.

Or, you only pick up things that you know will have immediate trade value (Shako, Storm... etc), because you're too lazy to make more mules.

4. lasthero

lasthero IncGamers Member

when you start giving out some decent items to poor people like me :p

5. Stimm

Stimm IncGamers Member

when you lose count of how many storm shields you have and cant find them cuz they are spread over 17 differant mule accounts

6. venumb

venumb IncGamers Member

When you stop trading and start chatting.

7. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

You're rich when you start trading for ever duped rune/engima/botd you can get for the purpose of selling them.
    Or making a 6 zodded phaseblade.
    Or an ethereal zodded upgraded ginthers rift. (self repairing no durability indestructable ethereal items are kind of neat, regardless of having a duped zod in them or not)

8. L33t.

L33t. IncGamers Member

You play too much. ;)

9. Carnage-DVS

Carnage-DVS IncGamers Member

When you only trade for the best of the best.Like me in .09.All my max/life charms had to be 3 max 17+ life smalls,6 max 30+ life larges,10 max 40+ life grands.And all ed/ias jewels had to be 39/ias and ed/max had to be 38+/13+.

10. Silkweed

Silkweed IncGamers Member

When you have a melee character that can solo 8 player hell.

*rimshot*

11. SkaMan

SkaMan IncGamers Member

I actually own a small country off the coast of Spain, so I know that I'm rich...

12. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk IncGamers Member

You know you're rich, when you start selling stuff from your mule acc's and the value drops over the whole battlenet :D :teeth:

13. ConnerMacleod

LOL Sparrow, now that is funny.

Thanks for confirming... I am NOT rich! Woohoo! More reason to keep playing!

I'll add one: Making Iron Golems only out of uber armors/items... i.e., Valor, BotD Ethereal items, Enigmas, GFs, IK Armors. Doing it in plain view of everyone else in a pubbie game is bad form, although fun to do.

14. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Rich is when on the first day of 1.10 you have 25 ppl wanting to run wiht you!

Items dont make anyone rich!

15. ConnerMacleod

Stinger, nice point and all, but the word "rich" when it applies to Bnet means items, not friends. I try to limit the number of people on my /f list for the very reason you mentioned. I hate screens of green.

16. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Your values are screwed dude, friends are where it is all at and if it werent for them I wouldnt play. only the self centered egotistical ignoramouses consider pixels/items what makes one rich.

Hell I hocked 3/4 of my total xpac item base and parked 3 characters to help gear up a bunch of friends and get them going strong. That is what is rich, people that give a crap about you, not some stupid *** items.

17. ConnerMacleod

Oh don't get me wrong, I like the guys I play with. But I'm here for entertainment first... Not like we can go knock down a beer with a guy who probably isn't old enough to shave! LOL And everyone I know on Bnet is about 1500+ miles away. Although that brings up another question: Would you drop by and visit someone you knew only online? I wouldn't. Even if they swore up and down they were a kid, a female, or a nice person. Call me crazy, but my cousin plays online games, and there's no way in hell I would want to get to know him personally if I was anyone other than his cousin. He plays that Delta Force online, likes to act like a little kid, very sick crap. Very nice guy online I hear.

Glad you're rich in online friends, however. I'll stick with my pixels!

18. Lyrs

Lyrs IncGamers Member

you know your rich when you no longer want any items you find in elite trades

19. Pezeteros

Pezeteros IncGamers Member

You know you're too rich when you use 40/15 for crafting ^^

20. lornhut

lornhut IncGamers Member

you know you are rich when you are not interested in this game anymore