Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

So honestly, how many times has Dclone just strolled into your room...

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by diablo loves donutz, Nov 5, 2006.

1. diablo loves donutz

diablo loves donutz IncGamers Member

So honestly, how many times has Dclone just strolled into your room...

Hi guys. Well, I'm making this thread due to a very funny incident that recently happened. For those of you who saw my thread on asking what char I should make, I pretty much had a char sitting in a room i made for no reason what so ever, "Oddly" enough also, that char was my uber smiter :rolleyes:

Well I had checked on my game an hour or two later and noticed the soj counter popped, but over the next few hours never moved. Well a few hours later I check it again, and low and behold, it had gone nuts and dclone walked. Waited for the game to unlag, frigid highlands. Walk up, "Hello Diablo!", whack whack whack, dead, sc, ty, tp, cain, hellllo 16/18/10!!!

I just had to laugh at this. Well, back to the subject at hand: How many tiems have you guys had Dclone pop into your room? And try not to count hunting because I'm just trying to see what luck you guys have had and not checking the ip and what not. If I can recall, I think I've had him walk 4 or 5 times in my career, the funny part about it was that the past 3 or 4 have been in the past month or so lol. Well lets hear em guys!

-Donutz

2. IntelligentX

IntelligentX IncGamers Member

In last six months I quit hunting Dclone cause I have enough anni for my characters. Until recently I have total two DClone walked in two public games, where I use some special method to snatch both anni in my hands :evil:
    Linky

3. GreyGhost

GreyGhost Banned

In the last 2-3 years since the quest has been introduced I've fought Dclone a total of 4 times. Each time was totally random.

4. kuafu

kuafu IncGamers Member

He walked in my game twice when I was just MF'ing; 4-5 times when I was taking breaks and hunting intentionally. Coincidentally, the two unexpected ones are the best: 20/18 and 19/15, the hunted ones are all just so-so.

5. themachine

themachine IncGamers Member

once ever only. I have gone to the op dclone channel to try to hunt but never got lucky. Only ever got him once by luck. Then I got hacked and lost my anni.

6. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

"Quite a few times", except all but 1 of them I was not in a hell game, so...... once.

7. k/t

k/t Banned

A few hours earlier I made a game to get organs. My helper came in and then BAM! SOJ sold. I checked the IP in two places, and the count was very low. We got several more messages, then we got the organs. I brought in my smiter and waited. Message after message came, while my helper and another friend tried to find games too. I kept an eye on the count on IRC and at about 75 DClone walked. I called in a noob friend who had never seen DClone (and who had joined my game while I had minimized D2 and, intrigued by the red portals in Act 5, walked into one of them and died - "i just HAD to see what matron's den was"), and we spawned him and I killed him. 17/12/8. Which is great, because yesterday I made a new char and I needed an Anni for him. He's 82 now and waiting for a Torch.

My very first Anni was early this Ladder season in one of my Meph runs. I made the game, ran towards the WP, saw a SOJ message, I whispered a friend and I tried to tell him the IP, but DClone walked. My friend came with his Smiter and killed DClone for me, before I could even see what he looked like. 17/14/5.

8. TheBhoy

TheBhoy IncGamers Member

Once.

I had just gone onto hell and was still pretty much a bit of a noob in all honesty. Found him in the den of evil and got seriuosly battered for about an hour until I bought a life-tap charged dagger from town. God that helped.....:wink3:

Dropped a 13/15/6 which at the time i thought was blooming great - until my mate showed me his 18/19/9..................

9. doraemon

doraemon IncGamers Member

:(

1 might pop up soon...i hope...can't check the server tho...sigh

10. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Season 1 - not sure, 5-10 times
    Season 2 - twice
    This season - 3 times

In about the same amount of games in season 2 and 3, the soj counter stopped increasing or when my character got disconnected after I got him stuck somewhere to perm the game while I was asleep or afk, in addition to a few non-hell soj count games.

I don't check IRC channels etc. for dclone hunting.

11. shizznitt

shizznitt IncGamers Member

none.. over my entire time playing d2.. since 1.08 anyway

12. igbt

igbt IncGamers Member

I'd say 5-6 times. Recently just a couple months ago when he showed 2 days in a row. Unfortunately it was hard core and it would have been suicide.

13. nubikoen

nubikoen IncGamers Member

I'm one of those who've never seen the clone either. I had the counter pop up in almost every game I made when he was first introduced, sadly they were all in normal and nm games (I hadn't made it further at that time).
    When I did get a char to hell I never saw the counter again (this was ladder of course, I had plenty of characters in non ladder but I didn't play any of those)

14. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

This season : ZERO.

This quest's just a joke. All my Annihiluses were traded here on ETF :hanky:...

15. doraemon

doraemon IncGamers Member

yay. just got my first ever self found anni.

hooray

16. MysticDragon

MysticDragon IncGamers Member

All this season. 2 in a public game. 3 by hunting / tipoff / organized selloff. I got one yesterday, too. Almost forgot. I got one from Galilee in a contest for doing his avatar. It's also my avatar!

<-----------