So hell meph was just....

Status
Not open for further replies.

newerest

Diabloii.Net Member
So hell meph was just....

So my last hell meph run. There just happened to be a gem shrine before meph which I later considred to be fate. I run up to meph, I taunt him using my meph rocket (Also known as orb) so like a fool he ran towards the moat.

Flashforward 5 seconds. I just used a lower resist charge from my want which helps kill him even faster. I see the drops. I see a unique ammulet. I see a set ammulet. I think to myself, "Heh that would be funny if those were mara's and tal's", so then after iding the unique ammulet and seeing that it is a mara's. (20 res but besides the point) I make a loud yip sound. My heart starts racing. What if this is a tal's ammy? I ask myself during those few seconds. Then I id it. Guess what? Tal's ammy. I screamed "**** YES" really loud.

This is by far the single best drop of my life.

I felt like expressing it.

woo hoo.

RetroStar

Diabloii.Net Member
What you get is all luck. I've gotten 2 maras in one run before. It was funky. One unique ammy dropped off those little chums guarding the door and one dropped off mephisto.

Good luck.

Cannon Fodder

Diabloii.Net Member
RetroStar said:
What you get is all luck. I've gotten 2 maras in one run before. It was funky. One unique ammy dropped off those little chums guarding the door and one dropped off mephisto.

Good luck.

I could be mistaken here, but I was under the impression that the same unique can't drop more than once in a game.

Lunatic

Diabloii.Net Member
Cannon Fodder said:
I could be mistaken here, but I was under the impression that the same unique can't drop more than once in a game.
Yep you're right. It can't be in 1 game.

Darnoc

Diabloii.Net Member
If meph dropped 2 uniq ammys in the same run they could both be mara's though, right? (though highly improbable).

ZoeS

Diabloii.Net Member
Hell meph once dropped two sigon belts to me in a single kill. So I think you can get two same uniques in a game.

newerest

Diabloii.Net Member
Multiple examples of a set item can drop from a game like once I was rushing someone and nm andy droped tancred's armor and while in act2 maggot lair, some monster dropped tancred's armor

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
Cannon Fodder said:
I am very sure that you are mistaken, meph once dropped me two unique large shields in the same drop. :bonk: (stormguild iirc)
So if nothing has changed during the last months, it is possible. :teeth:

edit: Pizzariffic, if im not totally mistaken, back in the old versions of the game, the whole set was randomized out on monsters in a specific game, that is, if you found one set item, and continued to kill every monster in that game (or maybe it ever was down to the same act) you would also have found the rest of the set.
However, this was before the introduction of sets with both highly-desirable and "crappy" drops, like tals helm/armor
i guess the fact that you WOULD find the complete set was removed, but you still CAN ;)

newerest

Diabloii.Net Member
Cannon Fodder said:
I could be mistaken here, but I was under the impression that the same unique can't drop more than once in a game
Lorven said:
I am very sure that you are mistaken, meph once dropped me two unique large shields in the same drop. (stormguild iirc)
Half-true. The same unique can drop twice (Or even three times) in a single drop. But, after that it can't drop in the same game.

Cannon Fodder

Diabloii.Net Member
newerest said:
Half-true. The same unique can drop twice (Or even three times) in a single drop. But, after that it can't drop in the same game.

Ah thats what it was. and yes, i know for a fact that set items can drop more than once in a game. im sure everyone has gotten the same isenharts pieces over and over doing boss runs before....

newerest

Diabloii.Net Member
Heh, I thought I was the only one that got full Isenhart's ever four runs. Hell, one time I started playing with a old friend from starcraft, when I was rushing her I told her that I always get Isenherat's after the summoner dropped his helm. I guess she thought I was just kidding untill I opened a chest with his shield and also when Diablo dropped his armor.

I also hate Isenhart.

Status
Not open for further replies.