So, have you ever…

skihard

Banned
Drosselmeier said:
No, but I showed a friend one of those things online where a picture of a pretty naked lady is loaded top to botton, and when it gets to the crotch there's a big, erect penis right there. He got angry and I laughed at him for being into penises! It was great.
see that's funny
 
Checking out a mans *** has a greater mockability factor than being afraid of worms.

Q.E.D.

Not sure how I proved it, someone else will have to do that. I just wanted to use Quod Erat Demonstrandum
 

FathomFear

Diabloii.Net Member
Drosselmeier said:
No, but I showed a friend one of those things online where a picture of a pretty naked lady is loaded top to botton, and when it gets to the crotch there's a big, erect penis right there. He got angry and I laughed at him for being into penises! It was great.
Although I doubt your intentions were sinister, you have to understand that this kind of behavior could seriously cause a lot of pain. It certainly caused me a lot of pain growing up. Being in a locker room situation with a bunch of guys making gay jokes or throwing insults around like "***" or "queer". It was not fun. I dropped out of sports completely just to get away from it, and it was tiring trying to come up with excuses to my parents and coach. It is time that alternative sexualities are removed from the realm of hatred, mockery, and ridicule. They do not belong there. This tendency to ridicule is just a mechanism of obligatory heterosexuality--anything outside of itis shunned or mocked. Would it be acceptable to mock your friend for checking out a black woman under the context that he would be encouraging an interracial union? Of course not. Eventually the same will hold true for this kind of behavior towards same-sex attraction. But only we can make that happen, and this first step is to acknowledge the behavior for what it is.
 

Stompwampa

Diabloii.Net Member
FathomFear said:
Although I doubt your intentions were sinister, you have to understand that this kind of behavior could seriously cause a lot of pain. It certainly caused me a lot of pain growing up. Being in a locker room situation with a bunch of guys making gay jokes or throwing insults around like "***" or "queer". It was not fun. I dropped out of sports completely just to get away from it, and it was tiring trying to come up with excuses to my parents and coach. It is time that alternative sexualities are removed from the realm of hatred, mockery, and ridicule. They do not belong there. This tendency to ridicule is just a mechanism of obligatory heterosexuality--anything outside of itis shunned or mocked. Would it be acceptable to mock your friend for checking out a black woman under the context that he would be encouraging an interracial union? Of course not. Eventually the same will hold true for this kind of behavior towards same-sex attraction. But only we can make that happen, and this first step is to acknowledge the behavior for what it is.

[/saop box]

You forgot that part.

Well said, though. I'll drink to that.
 

Drosselmeier

Diabloii.Net Member
FathomFear said:
Although I doubt your intentions were sinister, you have to understand that this kind of behavior could seriously cause a lot of pain. It certainly caused me a lot of pain growing up. Being in a locker room situation with a bunch of guys making gay jokes or throwing insults around like "***" or "queer". It was not fun. I dropped out of sports completely just to get away from it, and it was tiring trying to come up with excuses to my parents and coach. It is time that alternative sexualities are removed from the realm of hatred, mockery, and ridicule. They do not belong there. This tendency to ridicule is just a mechanism of obligatory heterosexuality--anything outside of itis shunned or mocked. Would it be acceptable to mock your friend for checking out a black woman under the context that he would be encouraging an interracial union? Of course not. Eventually the same will hold true for this kind of behavior towards same-sex attraction. But only we can make that happen, and this first step is to acknowledge the behavior for what it is.
That's a sound attitude, but you don't know all the facts of this specific case. I'm gay and this friend is one of the people I've come out to. I have teh licence. Besides, he deserves it. He's been known to mock my sleeping with guys so he got what he had coming to him, and I'm pretty sure he took it for the joke it was after the shock had settled. His own medicine and all that.
 

superdave

Diabloii.Net Member
last week i was driving behind a mustang convertible(top was down) the woman driving had short blonde hair but the passenger had gorgeous long red hair blowing in the wind...the mustang was a gt and the driver had a lead foot...it was hard to keep up with her...i caught a glimpse of the driver in her rear view but i really wanted to see the redhead...my truck was screaming but i finally managed to catch up and pass her...i looked to my right...one hot blonde with short hair and one hot afghan with red fur. :yikes:
 

skihard

Banned
superdave said:
one hot blonde with short hair and one hot afghan with red fur. :yikes:
See these are the stories I was referring to, I just chose the dudes *** story because that ended up being the non design topic today with my co-worker, but really anything would work.

As afar as make fun of a friend because he made a comment about a black woman not knowing it was a black woman in place of a dude then yes as a friend I would be obligated to make fun of him if he had an aversion to black women.

I really didn’t mean to offend, or mock those I don’t know, only my friends who as friends know it’s pretty much just in good fun, not to actually be hurtful, well not much anyway
 

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
That's impossible, a man's arse looks totally different to a woman's, unless she's really skinny or heavily muscled or flat-arsed, in which case it wouldn't be attractive anyway.

I have mistaken men for women and vice versa before though. Luckily never to their face.

Actually, there's this one girl in my department who's kind of boyish and recently she got a really boyish haircut as well and now whenever I see her out of the corner of my eye she registers as "boy". Then I look closer and see it's her and I have a brief disconcerting moment.

I've always kind of had a thing for her too... she's cute and petite and half Italian (I'm guessing from the surname anyway, I have a thing for Italians for some reason)... yummy...

kobold said:
Nope, haven't had it happen.

I have called a lady "Sir" by mistake. This was in a situation where I worked at a store, and she walked up to the counter. She was: (a) ugly and (b) had more of a moustache than me. I thought it was an honest mistake, she was pretty pissed.
Well, wouldn't you be? That's an awkward situation for everyone.

jackthelad said:
Rofl!

When I was about 17, & Hanson released 'mmm, bop' or whatever it was called, one of my mates came to school & told us he fancied the 'middle one out of Hanson.' Nearly 10 years later, he still hasn't lived that down.
No, you're thinking of an episode of Family Guy.

P.S. I would so do that kid...

FathomFear said:
I don't wish to be obtuse or overly granular, but this is a very important point...
What an extraordinary ensemble of adjectives...

Drosselmeier said:
No, but I showed a friend one of those things online where a picture of a pretty naked lady is loaded top to botton, and when it gets to the crotch there's a big, erect penis right there. He got angry and I laughed at him for being into penises! It was great.
*Pretends he doesn't have a big pile of shemale porn*

FathomFear said:
Although I doubt your intentions were sinister, you have to understand that this kind of behavior could seriously cause a lot of pain. It certainly caused me a lot of pain growing up. Being in a locker room situation with a bunch of guys making gay jokes or throwing insults around like "***" or "queer". It was not fun. I dropped out of sports completely just to get away from it, and it was tiring trying to come up with excuses to my parents and coach. It is time that alternative sexualities are removed from the realm of hatred, mockery, and ridicule. They do not belong there. This tendency to ridicule is just a mechanism of obligatory heterosexuality--anything outside of itis shunned or mocked. Would it be acceptable to mock your friend for checking out a black woman under the context that he would be encouraging an interracial union? Of course not. Eventually the same will hold true for this kind of behavior towards same-sex attraction. But only we can make that happen, and this first step is to acknowledge the behavior for what it is.
I dunno, I mean I know what you mean but in this case you might be overreacting a little; it's just some guys joking around.
 
Freet said:
Nope, never happened. :shocked:

Have you spoken to HC about this?
I'm beginning to think that my brother's about to get that extra punch on his gay card and win a toaster oven. He keeps telling Ski it's going to happen, I guess it'll be sooner than I thought.:undecided:
 

masterazn

Banned
I was in Germany on the train station in Dusseldorf with two of my friends. I have bad eyesight, so I can't see detail from very far. One of my friends has the same problem as I do but he was wearing glasses, the other has good eyesight. We're waiting for the train and they suddenly look over the station to another quay. There is a figure wearing short bottoms standing there, and in my blurry view and imagination, I can only think it's some beautiful woman with luscious legs. They smile at me weird and my friends passes me the glasses. It's some guy wearing shorts that are much too short with very very hairy legs.

They had a good kick out of it, I'm still suffering from post-trauma.
 

Bortaz

Banned
I can't believe Ski is being harassed for being heterosexual, and not wanting to look at a dudes ***. Not everyone is gay, regardless of how popular it has become. Not that this even has anything to do with being gay. This political correctness madness needs to go back to wherever the hell it spawned from.
 

FathomFear

Diabloii.Net Member
Bortaz said:
I can't believe Ski is being harassed for being heterosexual, and not wanting to look at a dudes ***. Not everyone is gay, regardless of how popular it has become. Not that this even has anything to do with being gay. This political correctness madness needs to go back to wherever the hell it spawned from.
No one is "harassing" him for being heterosexual. There is nothing wrong with being heterosexual or homosexual. Neither should be mocked or ridiculed. I think you are making up a straw man so you can wail against "political correctness". The topic of this thread is not that ski was mocked for not wanting to look at a guy's ***. The hypothetical was finding an *** attractive and then being mocked because it belonged to someone of the same-sex. There's a big difference between these two scenarios.
 

FathomFear

Diabloii.Net Member
dondrei said:
I dunno, I mean I know what you mean but in this case you might be overreacting a little; it's just some guys joking around.
I know that they were joking around. That is obvious. It is not as if they were participating in a calculated patriarchal scheme to enforce heterosexuality on everyone. I am saying that the problem is that the subject matter exists in the realm of jokes/mockery. This is the problem that needs to be solved, as it frames the subject matter (same-sex attraction) as a negative. Over time this eats away at you and becomes very uncomfortable to be around.
 

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Although I understand where Fathom is coming from, I do think it's a bit of an over-reaction.
 

FathomFear

Diabloii.Net Member
Bortaz said:
The point is, heterosexual men don't want to look at mens asses. That doesnt make them gaybashers.
Obviously not, but that has nothing to do with this thread. The thread is about the behavior of mocking perceived heterosexuals who find themselves attracted to an *** of the same-sex.
 

FathomFear

Diabloii.Net Member
dondrei said:
Although I understand where Fathom is coming from, I do think it's a bit of an over-reaction.
Tell that to the disproportionate number of GLBT teenagers that commit suicide over that kind of atmosphere. Ranting on a forum pales in comparison. :undecided:
 
Top