Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

So, have you ever…

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by skihard, Sep 14, 2006.

1. skihard

skihard Banned

So, have you ever…

...done that thing where you are with your friends and you go ‘wow look at that ***’ (butt) only to have the *** turn around and it be the same sex?

There are 2 possible out comes to this situation.

One is that your friends agree with you before (s)he turns around. This is the good situation because you can play it off as ‘man I got you, you so thought that was a girl’, or everyone just silently agrees to never mention it again.

The bad situation is that you say it and your friends go ‘dude that’s a guy what’s wrong with you?’, and you never live it down.

So have you are anything similar?

2. Yaboosh

Yaboosh IncGamers Member

I don't find a man's backside very similar to a woman's backside, so I guess it never happened to me?

3. Freet

Freet IncGamers Member

Nope, never happened. :shocked:

Have you spoken to HC about this?

4. Rabbitz

Rabbitz IncGamers Member

Mock/Ridicule/etc etc.

5. skihard

skihard Banned

well under normal circumstances I would agree with you, however the guy I work with was talking about when he was up north and some guy with long hair was wearing tight ski pants and I guess his freind thought it was a girl. Since I used to ski all the time I can see where the mistake could be made in that type of situation

6. Freet

Freet IncGamers Member

So you are now going to play this off as happening to a friend????

7. Rabbitz

Rabbitz IncGamers Member

Lol, my thoughts exactly.

8. ragnar_ii

ragnar_ii IncGamers Member

Stupid sexy Flanders!

9. skihard

skihard Banned

Yes I'm busted I frequently look at guys butts, mainly cuz mine is big and I wonder why other guys don't have a big butt. Seriously though the other designer and I were talking about Dumb and Dumber and Jim Carey saying “yeah he must work out†to the Jeff Danials comment of “nice butt†and it snowballed into him telling about his friend who plays the bass in their band.

Well I new it is a situation that I could have been in many times while skiing because some of the guys in Europe and California are very womanly in shape while wearing ski pants. I have been very close to making the comment myself but luck has always been on my side and the person has turned before the words actually came out. I have shuddered at myself for thinking it, but at least me friends didn’t know.

10. kobold

kobold Banned

Nope, haven't had it happen.

I have called a lady "Sir" by mistake. This was in a situation where I worked at a store, and she walked up to the counter. She was: (a) ugly and (b) had more of a moustache than me. I thought it was an honest mistake, she was pretty pissed.

11. jackthelad

jackthelad IncGamers Member

Rofl!

When I was about 17, & Hanson released 'mmm, bop' or whatever it was called, one of my mates came to school & told us he fancied the 'middle one out of Hanson.' Nearly 10 years later, he still hasn't lived that down.

12. MadMachine

MadMachine IncGamers Member

Remind me never to score a touchdown or pull off any fancy sports maneuver around you.

13. FathomFear

FathomFear IncGamers Member

If you found some guy's backside attractive...who cares? And why are you associating with people who would mock or ridicule you for that? If some guy said "Dude, what's wrong with you?" I would just turn around and ask him the very same question.

14. skihard

skihard Banned

Well simply put I am straight my friends are straight (best I know) and to me and my freinds liking guys is still not something that we want to do. I understnad that there are guys that like guys and girls that like girls but that doesn't mean my friends are comfortable with it. Especially when I was in the army then and it is not cool to like a dudes *** when you are in the army, navy yes, army no.

15. FathomFear

FathomFear IncGamers Member

Sexuality is an existential. What you "want" is not part of the equation. If you find some guy's rear to be hot, it is hot regardless of whether you want it to be hot. You should be attracted to people you are attracted to, not to people you or your friends want you to be attracted to. I don't wish to be obtuse or overly granular, but this is a very important point...and I wouldn't overlook it just because you have no wish to challenge the bad habits of you or your friends.

16. Freet

Freet IncGamers Member

Says the guy with the pink shirt.

Easy now...It's just a joke.

17. caddad

caddad IncGamers Member

If I were into women without curves like the majority this could probably happen to me.

The cultural phenomenon of being attracted to women without curves will never breach castle Dad.

<3 the curves.

-D2netDad

18. RevenantsKnight

RevenantsKnight IncGamers Member

Not to insinuate anything about you or your friends, but it's my experience that the people who are most secure in their sexuality will be laughing just as hard as everyone else in this case, if not more. Mind you, I know some plainly straight people who would be weirded out big time if they made this mistake, but of my friends, the ones I'd expect to be in stitches are the ones who have absolutely no questions on this matter. It's just that using "I'm straight" as a reason sounds weird to me.

I've never done this, by the way...I look at faces before butts, and it's not me to make the comment in the first place. :tongue:

19. skihard

skihard Banned

I look at people, HC and I have done this at the mall, we sit drinking a coffee and look at people and make comments. My friends and I have done the same thing in the past, usually rude comments about the girls in the area, but we have also been known to toss in a compliment. If all you see is the persons back side you make the comment about the back side then when they turn around you comment on the front. If you see the front first it is rare that you could make the gender mistake.

I have told HC a few times that a guy is a handsome/attractive guy, Johny Depp falls into this category, but I haven’t (unless I’m blocking it) thought about being with said guy. See comfortable telling my wife, not comfortable telling my friends I think a guy is handsome, because they won’t recognize it as a general “he won the looks lottery†but as I must want him. I think all that makes sense.

20. Drosselmeier

Drosselmeier IncGamers Member

No, but I showed a friend one of those things online where a picture of a pretty naked lady is loaded top to botton, and when it gets to the crotch there's a big, erect penis right there. He got angry and I laughed at him for being into penises! It was great.