So... anyone actually got to 99?

sighoth

Banned
So... anyone actually got to 99?

Ye title says it all, im wondering if anyone has legitematly got to 99 this ladder or previos ladders, Im asking becuase i told myself before i reinstalled this game, "Your going to hit 99 before D3 comes out, that way you can say youve finished it" Might just be me, but ive played this game for many, many years ( looong breaks inbetween ) but ive never gone past level 96, ive been 96 twice now during my time on D2 but never got past it, But im determined to hit 99 this ladder, im 95 now, the time its taking is unreal but as i said, im determined!

So ye, Any 99's out there?

michaeljay

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: So... anyone actually got to 99?

Never even close. I've mf'ed a TON this season, and I'm about halfway through 95.

dragonkins

Diabloii.Net Member

I've seen others get to 99 with cheats or hacks. The highest I ever got up to was like 80ish.

kavlor

Diabloii.Net Member

No but the respecs should mean we'll start to see more at least on NL.

jhtvman

Diabloii.Net Member

Nope. I got to 93 with a couple of different characters in 1.12, but no higher. Took forever to even get there, so I don't think I could ever be bothered to try and get all the way to 99.

Barloc

Diabloii.Net Member

My BvB is "Doc-Savage" on UsEast SC-NL. It is level 98, with 1/3 the way to 99. This has all been in NL, started him 5 years ago.

DjSlayer

Diabloii.Net Member

Ive taken one character to 99, but that was back in 1.09 and I did that by mf Pindleskin a lot. After 1.10 the highest character(s) is 97 and it was a pain.

- D.J.

Legolasi

Diabloii.Net Member

I had a couple of 99ties back in 1.09, by doing endless cowruns but it was still possible. Now my highest is 91 and it already took lot of work.
No more 99 for me..

jread

Diabloii.Net Member

I had multiple 99's back in 1.09 (when it wasn't that hard), but haven't gone for it again until now with my necro. It will still be awhile before I get there, though.

BKC

Diabloii.Net Member

Sigoth, if you are planning to really do this count me in. Playing in a team of people trying to achieve the same goal is usually the best way to go! (see the baalrunnings channels).

trying to achieve this solo is probably not a good idea. Going for a single element maxing that out and let someone else handle another element is usually also a very good idea!

There is a thread from thebigclown somewhere about baalrunning (i dont know if it is still available btw).

Hope this helped!

Regards,
BKC

PS player matchup forum is the way to go for getting a team together btw

Piggypriest

Diabloii.Net Member

I've seen a bunch of lvl 99s, but they were mostly paladin bots so i don't think they really count. :p

OoQQoO

Diabloii.Net Member

my in-game friend has a lvl 99 dudu..

IIRC his friend did it for him, took 3 months of constant running.. :p

Btw hes #1 shaper on Bnet :)

Tidolwav

Diabloii.Net Member

I've seen a few level 99's out there, and I have no doubt that most of them used a leech bot to get that high. With the flawed system of leveling anyone above a level 95 is most likely using a bot.

xzakofthedeadx

Diabloii.Net Member

83 sin a few years ago was the highest I got. I recently came back to the game tho and am planning on getting there again with my Necro!

Oh how i missed you d2!

Technomancer

Diabloii.Net Member

Just got my sorcy to lvl 90 a few days ago. That's the highest I've gotten since when I used to play classic. I can't even imagine going to 95, much less 99. Really, no one should ever design a character that is finished later than late 80's.

ehlertd

Diabloii.Net Member

my summoner is lvl 86 and depending how my poisonmancer turns out i might work on him... I have a hard time just playing 1 guy to constant lvl but I want to get my chars to at least lvl 90... I wouldn't mind 99 but since it takes 2k+ baal runs just to get to lvl 99 from 98 i am not to thrilled about it... besides my necros don't have a need to go above 90... but I am thinking of making a lightningorb sorc to mix up my sorc playing experience a little.

Tidolwav

Diabloii.Net Member

I saw a level 99 zealot in pn//1, he was angry when I beat him though lol

BlueShark

Diabloii.Net Member

I'm always amazed when I see a 99, especially without bots. SOoooooooooooooo much effort...

Trekmaster

Diabloii.Net Member

i had 3 characters at lvl99 last ladder, ok it may have been the ptr ladder but still counts......doesn't it !!!! :)

mouseman

Diabloii.Net Member

Highest for me was lvl 91 necro this ladder. Before that I usually stopped at late-80s.

People don't really realize how much work it takes to lvl from 95 to 99. Levels 85-95 aren't anything compared to that.

I know a friend from real life that leveled a barbarian to lvl 99 without cheats or bots. I know this for a fact because I repeteadly saw him playing. It was extremely tiring process. He was running baal 10+ hours a day in a dedicated group but still it took him over a month to finish. Once I literally watched him baalrun 11 hours without moving from his chair and the XP bar hardly moved.

I do not recommend that to anyone. It's really boring and a huge waste of time, if you ask me. Also, my friend is right now diagnosed with autism. That's probably why he could do it, in the first place.

So take a look at the statistics before you attempt something like that. And ask yourself do you really want to sacrifice thousands and thousands of hours to that goal?