Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

So anyone actually appreciate D3's new art direction? ifra

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by CoQui, Jul 6, 2008.

1. CoQui

CoQui IncGamers Member

So anyone actually appreciate D3's new art direction?

So much hate I've read about how nobody seems to like the colorful direction Blizzard has taken with the game. While I can agree to an extent, I'm not hating how it looks. Infact, some of Diablo 2's dungeons were so dark, I could barely see where I was walking or where things were located on the ground unless I put the gamma up. Not cool. The outdoors, I think have a very distinct and a new vision of what Blizzard wants to go with the game and I have no problem with that. Could they make things darker? Sure, but would it really help in the long run? Probably not. I know Diablo 1 and 2 were very gothic games and dark, but I think most of that was due to the technology they used for the game and what they could achieve with the engine they used. Now that they are in 3D and better advanced technologies, Blizzard is trying out a new art direction to maximize technology potential. I don't mind how they are taking this game and know it'll be great either way it goes in the end. :smug:

2. CoQui

CoQui IncGamers Member

Re: So anyone actually appreciate D3's new art direction?

Oh can some mod move this to D3 discussion? Posted in wrong forum :crazyeyes:

3. JohnnyDeath

JohnnyDeath IncGamers Member

I like it. The brighter environments mean that there is room for a dynamic change in mood throughout the game. If it is dark and gloomy from start to finish, you really can't get that. I mean come on, at some point we'll probably be venturing into hell. I'd really like to feel the oomph of that, and if it looks just like Act 1, I won't.

4. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle IncGamers Member

Any and all arguments about the "bright colours" of D3 should be held until after you've seen the video of the art panel. The dude was like "lol we though that D2 was like, dark rofl. So like, lol, we replayed the game and rofl, the game was actually a lot brighter than we remembered it, lol. So we rofl'ed and lol'ed, and put colours into the new game, like there was for D2.

lol."