Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

So after conquering Hell level....

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by NitroBurner, Mar 29, 2005.

1. NitroBurner

NitroBurner IncGamers Member

So after conquering Hell level....

What are some options/expansions/mods can I look for to continuing building my character?

Or is it time to retire my character and start a new one in hopes of finding different magical/rare/unique items? He is currently a lvl 87 Pally......

Thanks for any help(even though it is probably right in front of me :))

-Nitro

2. ArchAngel Tiberrius

ArchAngel Tiberrius Banned

After having a quick look into the Single Player FAQ I noticed that mods are not exactly a hot topic. You may be best finding that information yourself.

Simply completing Hell is no reason to stop using your Paladin, but it may be a good time to begin a new character.

3. Minor_Deity

Minor_Deity IncGamers Member

New character of course.:thumbsup:

You have most of the game still ahead of you.

Pally was probably hack-n-slash, so how about a Necro or a Sorcy next.

Welcome and enjoy your stay.
    Be nice to the natives and...
    Have fun out there!

4. Blascid

Blascid IncGamers Member

I think that's slightly closed minded, no offence, I think mods are crazy fun, and I'd like to think of myself as the "we". If you're talking about "Following the rules" most of us use ATMA which is directly going agaist the Blizzard rules so that's out..He's just looking for something different, don't kick him on trying something new..

As far as actual mods, try a google search, there are plently out there..

5. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

Ack! Not those words! Mein eyes!

I believe what was meant by what lemmeh was saying is that the SPF community doesn't much approve of mods. There are some out there that are more or less very capable of "tainting" the tradepool. Not to mention if someone attempts to play a mod and screws up one of their good characters they post crying about how they lost all of their good items and didn't mean to and blah blah blah. Overall we can discuss them, and anyone can play them, it's just one of those topics that's been deemed "shady" by the mods.

IMO I think a good idea would be start a new character, or MF. Ideally you could build a character around a person from a book or movie or something of that sort. I know a lot of people that do that.

6. kabal

kabal IncGamers Member

Talking about mods on the forums is against the rules set forth by the administrators, so it's not closed minded at all on the part of the posters. To answer the original question, google is your best bet for finding mods. I believe that in the past, people looking for mods were directed to search for "someplace very cold".

Don't pay attention to lemming, he is teh nubmaster after all. :p
    Beyond the endless scavenger hunt that is magic finding, the game has plenty more to offer. Just to name a few, you can build some different characters, participate in some of the tourneys here, or my personal favorite, try your hand at PvP. IMO, you really haven't played d2 until you have enough ears to fill a mule or three. ;)

7. Sleepless

Sleepless IncGamers Member

You get bonus point when they come from lemming crappy uber geared v/t :D :lol: :p

[on topic] I agree with kabal, PvP is the only thing that keep me in D2. You have to know your character's weakness and strenght to be affective at dueling so it would be a good idea to keep playing with him. [on topic]

8. NitroBurner

Thanks for the info Blascid! Do you have any preferences in mods??

As fun as it is to keep MF'ing...I was just curious if anyone has developed any little side quests or adventures for the game. Like an "add on" or something that will continue to challenge high level characters.

Playing DiabloII the first time around was very challenging and rewarding. I didn't follow any "builds" if you will but learned how to make it powerful on my own. I also study runeword items and created multiple pieces by collection of the game itself and no trading or auctioning. I also went thru Hell on my own, however...softcore. I really don't see how someone can make it thru hardcore but my hats off to any that does it.

I think next time around I will work with an Amazon and see how it unfolds, but I just was curious if people have created any extra "add on" quests to download and try. Hoping it would lead to some more magical items/higher runes then what I have found so far.

9. ArchAngel Tiberrius

I thought the Worldstone Keep at players 8 in Hell is challenge enough. Especially for melee!

10. NitroBurner

Thanks Arch...that /8 players idea is the first I have heard of that today. I will have to look into it.

So basically..your playing the game like you are in a group of 8 players...yet...your alone. Therefore the minions are 8 times harder or configured in a way that the game thinks your in a group of 8? Maybe I will try 4 first to get a feel for it. I do not consider myself some DII God and there were many times I almost gave up in Hell level. To me..it seemed hell was harder in Act I then V...go figure.

Man..that must be tough! So I will try it.

I know about the "cold place" and I might reinstall DII on a different partition incase something conflicts with each other. I guess to make my uquestion more clearer...what I'm looking for is new maps and adventures....not repeating where I have already been but harder.

Does that make sense??

11. ArchAngel Tiberrius

Exactly. When you enter the command for 8 players (as an example) the game simulates that amount of players. However you are still playing solo. If you are multi-playing with another, you can still enter the command to simulate more players.

Everything increases - monster toughness, damage, drop rates and your experience gained.

To do this, simply enter / followed by playersX. X being the number you wish to simulate (up to 8). The / and players must be ajoined and you will see a confirmation of this in the message log.

There are such things as "grails". This is where a player will attempt to collect every item in the game.

12. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

Small correction: monster damage doesn't go up.

13. Blascid

Blascid IncGamers Member

Jez, it's been a while, Eastern Sun is fun and has been around for a long time, to put out one, then some really good ones started popping up about a year ago, can't think of any off the top of my head.

Make sure before you experiment with any** mods/add ons-whatever back your characters up, you don't have to start a new character but it seems..I don't know "right" Diablo 2 is Diablo 2, but Mods, are Mods, and often very different from what we know as Diablo 2.-Therefore you may need a different approach.

There are plenty of SP's(On this Fourm!!!) who I KNOW play mods, I don't know where they all are, maybe if they come out of hiding they could help you out..

14. NitroBurner

Thanks for the info bud!! I will check out ES. Also..what do you think of DA?? I think it is still in the works and who knows when it will be complete....hopefully soon! =(

As for saving my character...I always keep a back up on my desktop and a floppy. ;)

If you hear of anything cool as in mods or add-ons....hook a brutha up. I would love to keep the missions going yet, I'm not looking for some way off the wall mod that takes a way from gameplay.

15. Blascid

Blascid IncGamers Member

I havn't heard of the DaA though I know one of my friends was playing a really cool one, I'll see if I can find him, and get the name/link. Awesome on the backing up :). Nods, about the game play, most mods won't change it up too much, just something different in the actual game..

16. WhiskeyJack

WhiskeyJack IncGamers Member

Actually, talking about mods is completely legit here, within the scope set out- you can say what you play, and even discuss playing techniques, what you like about them, etc, but you CANNOT discuss how to make/install/troubleshoot one, use one to cheat somehow on b.net, or give links to them. So...the 'we don't talk about mods at all, or use them here!' can be seen as close minded, since both statements are untrue, but are piped off at least once whenever someone asks about legit modded play (by legit, I mean using one to refresh interest in D2, or just to have different game play).

Serdash's opinion I respect and can agree with. People that trade have legit concerns about where items come from, etc. Which is why, when people did trade on here, or when people talk about playing mods, it's usually good to say 'if you do, make sure everything is separate and you alert any potential trading partners that you play a mod, and keep any mod chars out of MP games unless the host allows it and the other players agree as well'.

Other than that, have fun- what you do on your pc is your business, and actually, there are members here that use mods- anything from rune-colors and a fix of the FE bug (there were quite a few proponents of that one at one time), to full on game changes such as found where it's cold. I don't, but that's mostly because I still enjoy regular game-play.

Anyway- my own 2ccs. Regarding the rest of the topic- There's lots of ideas on here about builds, search through the guides section and see what catches your eye, or if you have a particular piece of interesting gear to build a char around, try doing that.

cheers all

17. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

I believe the SPF community doesn't approve of people who (a) play mods, (b) aren't open about the fact that they do this, and (c) trade items with others. (Or have the rules changed?)

18. Randall

Randall IncGamers Member

a)
    As far as I know mods are not bad pro definition, only different. (don't mix mods with no mods). Mods themselves can be spoken of, but not how to build one. (no links to competitive sites as well offcourse)

b)
    Absolutely true, be open in whatever you do

c)
    Trading is allowed, but mods should be mentioned in trade post. (I guess rules changed)

Here is the rule concerning this:
    "If you are playing any version of the game other than 1.10 Expansion Softcore, indicate such in your post. Also, if you are playing any mod, declare the name of each mod at the beginning of your post."

Randall