Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

So, 10% CB or 25% OW

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by NSXdreamer, May 9, 2005.

1. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

So, 10% CB or 25% OW

This is for a ww sin with nat's set, thus most of the slots are taken by the set, and ring/amulet slots are taken (angelic set and ravenfrost).

Now the question is, for the glove, which would give better result, 25% OW from dracul's, or 10% CB from crafted gloves? Or something else like soul drainer would be better? The estimated AR will be around 9.8K. Belt will be nos' coil, for the +str, that and I can't think of any other belt would be good there.

2. LeorictheDark

LeorictheDark IncGamers Member

I woulD go with CB. Does more damage IMHO. Definatlt better versus bosses. As for belts. have you tried T-Gods? Strength and Vit + all that other good stuff.

3. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

I think you can craft a belt with OW. You don't really need a lot of OW since you'll be hitting very fast and once OW is triggered, triggering it again does nothing until the duration is done. With CB, the more you have, the better.

4. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

CB all the way, WW is hitting so fast :)

5. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Crushing Blows owns! Open Wounds is merely nice:)

6. farting bob

farting bob Banned

CB, because at the rate a WW sin should be hitting, that will pwn act bosses, although some OW is useful if you can get some from another source, since it gets better with your level and cannot be resisted.

7. Derrick1001

Derrick1001 IncGamers Member

Go for the CB as priority. OW is really nice though, especially if you have to wear a critter down, because it stops regen cold on top of the damage. Very nice.

8. NSXdreamer

Hmm, even if I go with CB, it'll only be 10%, not sure if it's gonna make a difference. On the other hand, dual claw makes it 2 frame per attack.

I'm not sure if blade sentinal can trigger ctc effect, if it does, that means a couple casted before ww will gave me lifetap from dracul's, and with that, short of IM, I can be pretty much immortal. I'll have to find out if it works though.

9. kabal

kabal IncGamers Member

I'm skeptical as to whether or not an ww-sin would do enough damage to leech mana effectively (for life leech you can carry a wand of lifetap on switch for tough battles). I don't remember Nat's set having leech, so you'll definitely want dual leech from your rings, belt, and gloves.

10. kabal

kabal IncGamers Member

Bah, that's what I get for using dii.net's outdated item info page. They seem to be missing all of the partial set bonuses which weren't there in 1.09.

@nubby - Yeah the dual leech is a full set bonus, I guess I just didn't read it carefully enough. Arg, pwned twice in the span of 30 minutes by nubby. :mad:

11. Disco-neck Ted

Disco-neck Ted The Dark Library

What will go in the sockets on the set?

As for mana needs, with your proposed gear it'll be 25 mana per spin, unlike a barb needing 35 or so. Not as desperate a situation.

Something to consider might be swapping the angelic ring/ammy for SoJ and Mara's. Haven't played around with the numbers, but the damage return from the + to WW might be useful. Or not. You could offset the AR loss with charms to some extent.

Speaking of charms, any thoughts? Elemental damage all the way, or will claw mastery give enough of a return to justify using fine charms? I've considered a Nat's set WW assassin... haven't made up my mind yet. Questions, questions.

Good luck with her. Should be a fun char.

Edit: I thought the new things on the set in 1.10 were the 30% PDR and the "aura", but could be wrong.

12. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

Just curious, what claw did you go with?

As for life leech, the more the merrier. I'm almost ready to switch out my CB gloves for Drac's on my DC sin, but for the fact that Life Tap overrides my other curses (amp/decrep depending on the flavor of my ammy or merx weapon).

When I play, Dracs seems like a melee safety net so that's what I use it for.

13. NSXdreamer

The AR sucks with ww, even with full inventory (less 8 slots for picking up stuff and a tp tome) of sharp/steel GC/SC and a near perfect ravenfrost, max CM, ar is only a bit over 6k. I could get a BA merc, but I don't like the idea of merc dies=me screwed. Angelic gets ar up to 9.8k, so that's about acceptable. I don't think a couple of +skill is gonna make a difference, since each level only adds 10% skill damage.

I'm thinking about dropping some poison facet in the armor, since I maxed venom and it's a major source of my damage.

I used a scissor suwaaaya (or however you spell it), just so it look same as the set. Any claw will hit the last breakpoint, so it dosen't matter what you make it in.

Physical damage does suck (lvl 1 ww), about the same as my hunter druid with riphook. :uhhuh: I'm hoping that 2 frame per hit will make up for that somewhat.

I found that blade sentinal dosen't trigger LT, and I'd much prefer just spinning than having to shoot blade fury till it triggers, so I'll probably ends up go with soul drainer for the leech, which will give me about 20% for both. Not sure if the -def per hit is useful though.