Snow

toader

Banned
Cmdr_Adeon said:
So anyway it snowed today here in London. We got about 1-2cm of nice powdery snow. Weeeeee.....

What is that..just under 1 inch? I sneeze and cover the ground with more white stuff than that....

LunarSolaris

Diabloii.Net Member
Cmdr... how common is snow in London? I know that in all the classic movies you see of turn of the century London - there always seems to be a bit of snow on the ground.

In other news... that then, must be PROOF of the impending ice-age!! ;)

P2blr

Diabloii.Net Member
Sp4rtacus said:
it snowed like a foot here. postponing my psychology and Us history midterms until tommorow
same 'ere, 'cept post-poned all of my exams two days and making next semester start on Monday.

Suicidal Zebra

Diabloii.Net Member
LunarSolaris said:
Cmdr... how common is snow in London? I know that in all the classic movies you see of turn of the century London - there always seems to be a bit of snow on the ground.

In other news... that then, must be PROOF of the impending ice-age!! ;)
Extremely uncommon, especially in the quantities seen today. The climate has got milder over the last 30 years so that snow in winter in London is pretty rare. For the record, around 3 inches were reported as falling today, though I am not sure how that stacks historically. And there likely more to come tonight.

Certainly tomorrow is going to be icy. And I have to walk to the hospital aswell :(.

:xsnow:

Mystik

Diabloii.Net Member
We have gotten tons of snow here in Ontario (my part atleast) and it sucks because my exams have been pushed back 2 days. Now my second semester starts on Tuesday.

Oh well, I guess it's good because we do get an extra day off...

Anakha1

Banned
Sp4rtacus said:
it snowed like a foot here. postponing my psychology and Us history midterms until tommorow
They cancelled exams after only a foot???

Where do you live? Here nothing shuts down without at least 3 feet in less than 24 hours.

Hatsepsut

Banned
The first thing I saw when I woke up this morning was a white world. And it's still at it. Enough, I say. Blasted winter be gone! *practices sundance*

Satrina

Diabloii.Net Member
Down here it snowed for about 30 minutes last night. Of course the time that me and the Kidlet needed to go out to the garage freezer :lol:

Emmy was all excited, asking if it kept up could she stay home today. Then it stopped and hasn't come back. So yeah, she went to school :).

ULTIMATER

Diabloii.Net Member
We have about 60-70cm with snow here in Rena / Norway :surprise:

Driving is fun on this conditions ;) So is jumping from houseroofs etc.. Digging tunnels.. snow is great fun!!

Hmm, i enjoy playing in the snow and im 19 years old.. :scratch:

Shuck

Diabloii.Net Member
I live in the North East of England (Middlesbrough to be exact) and we got all of our snow yeasterday. About 6 inches of it and I was out sledging in it last night. Went up into the hills where it was untouched.

Oh, BTW I'm 23 :p

Hatsepsut

Banned
Just to inform you all, it is now 22.53 and it is STILL snowing. And I'm not talking little light pretty flakes here! Now, you may think this is commonplace in Sweden, but not so in these (southern) parts.

Anakha, we'd better get naked for that dance after all, since this apparently has little effect....