Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

smoke pot?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Jimmeh, Mar 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimmeh

Jimmeh IncGamers Member

smoke pot?

If yes;
    What method do you prefer to smoke it?
    When smokin joints, what papers do you prefer (in England we got Rizla and Zig Zag as paper skins and Rips which is one long roll of paper)
    How often do you smoke it?
    What is your fave type of pot? (Solid resin / Skunk / Pollen / Purple Haze / White Widow etc)
    How much do you pay in your area, and how much do you buy at once?

Feel free to add misc info/experiences/stories :)

For all the non-potsmokers.. Have you tried it before? If not, what makes you avoid it?

2. th5418

th5418 Banned

Somehow I dont think this should be discussed, but ill answer you.

I havent tried it, nor do I intend do because I know how badly drugs can harm you. IE My grandpa having cancer.

3. Jimmeh

Jimmeh IncGamers Member

i could bring many statistics to contradict your views on cannabis inflicting illnesses, as cigarettes are carcinigens (sp?) and although tobacco is used as a catalyst in smoking cannabis, people do not "chain smoke" joints all day as they would probably get too stoned to smoke any more.. A large majority of cancer sufferers smoked 60 cigarettes a day for a period as long as 20 or 30 years.. I dont know anyone at all who could smoke 60 joints a day

However i respect your opinion, many people i know have the same thoughts on recreational drugs having a severe effect on health..

Not sure if this thread should be posted here but pot is pretty popular in the world, if its not right to discuss this then im sure a mod will delete it

4. Canadia142

Canadia142 Banned

I don't smoke, but I wanna try it, just to see whats its like to be high.

5. th5418

th5418 Banned

Thats what exstacy(sp) is!

6. Jimmeh

Jimmeh IncGamers Member

you could cook with it to get a yummy ginger taste ;D (about 1/4 oz in a batch of cakes should get you "high" enough ;) )

7. Chief JB

Chief JB IncGamers Member

I've tried it. I'd rather have beer.

8. Carnage-DVS

Carnage-DVS IncGamers Member

I consider drug users to be pathetic. I look upon them with pity.

9. Jimmeh

Jimmeh IncGamers Member

aww how cute :love:

10. Shaigon

Shaigon IncGamers Member

Tried it: Yea.
    Liked it: Yea.
    Am I a pot head: No.

I smoke it once a month or less, maybe with some friends or whatever. I don't like it enough to make a habbit out of it or anything, just once in a while for some fun.

11. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

I don't think good methods for smoking pot is really appropriate here, although I'd imagine people's habits regarding pot would be ok.

Tried it? Nope.
    Care to try it? Nope.

Drugs just aren't my bag. I don't feel any reason to try them, I'm doing just fine as I am.

12. Jimmeh

Jimmeh IncGamers Member

Well i smoke it about twice a week with friends, so not exactly addicted..
    Dont have anythin against other soft drugs like xtc, acid, ghb, mdma and other "party" drugs but theyre jus not my bag. I do think cocaine, crack and heroin are a bit sick though.

My views on pot is the fact you only live once and I would rather have fun in my youth rather than get old and have regrets :]

13. th5418

th5418 Banned

This statement somehow seems to be supporting against doing drugs...

14. Jimmeh

Jimmeh IncGamers Member

show me how recreational drugs for a couple of years when young and fit will shorten my life please

Stress from college is the only thing thats potentially bad for my health atm

15. Technetium

Technetium IncGamers Member

I've never smoked anything, but I've been in small dormrooms when everyone else was doing it, and the smoke filled the room and it was either inhale some of it or don't breathe at all. They wouldn't let me leave because the smoke would go out in the hallway and they'd get in trouble.

I have no interest in it. I find the smell pretty gross (though cigarettes smell worse). I don't see that it would do anything to make me a better person.

16. Jimmeh

Jimmeh IncGamers Member

well you could say the same about beer aswell, when youre drunk you can have a good laugh with friends get one or 2 memories (if youre not too sloshed) this is the same with cannabis jus a different feeling.. I would say these dont make you a better person physically but they do help build character imo..

oh yeah.. if cannabis shouldnt be discussed here then why is there a stoned smily? :stoned:

17. Stevinator

Stevinator IncGamers Member

Although I support (well i don't really care...but philosophically I support) the legalization of "weed" or whatever you want to call it. I think it is not only bad for you physically--not that bad...but clearly much worse than living the clean life--I also think it is bad for you mentally. I know many people who have well, slipped in the brain department from smoking too much.

Pot is a hallucinogenic drug, it is not good for you...true, it doesn't seem to make people fight like alcohol does, but the lasting effects are much worse than those of alcohol. the vast majority of people that use it do so when they are young and in college or high school, and they do it to get high. I consider that misuse...some would even argue that's abuse.

I do not think we should be supporting the use of such a clear drain on society. I don't think tht banning it its the solution...rarely is banning things the best solution. (space heaters start many fires, should we ban those? cars get driven into things...we definetely not ban those, and bans on guns actually cause a rise in crime rates).

18. Damascus

Damascus IncGamers Member

Another pothead trying to convince everyone his addiction isn't bad.

Sad, really.

19. eds01

eds01 IncGamers Member

it might not actualy lower your life span, however, it WILL destroy brain chemichals, like seratonin (sp?) and dopamine(sp?). which one depends on the type of drug. essentialy, by doing drugs, your destroying your capability to be happy and have fun and have pleasurable experianeces (i belive seratonin is what causes pleasure, i.e. if your brain relaeses it, you feel pleasure, i forget what dopamine does, or if i mixed them up). and if you want to know the source, its basic knoledge remebered from health class.

20. Chief JB

Chief JB IncGamers Member

Yes. Two people came to mind when I read this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.