Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Smiters, Is it just me or are they Cheap

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Pougee_au, Jun 7, 2005.

1. Pougee_au

Pougee_au IncGamers Member

Smiters, Is it just me or are they Cheap

Hi,

I have noticed that 90% of smiters don't talk properly. Talk alot of crap and think there god. I used to own an original smiter. But grief has ruined this build. And really anoys me how people say their the best. How they charge two hits with smite you're dead. Does anyone here hate them?

Flame me as much as you like, I don't like you if you make a cheap smiter. I know decent ones are around.

2. dkay

dkay IncGamers Member

get any of the following:

necro with minion stack
    windy with 5 doggies
    blizz sorc
    barb (but ull need a good one to compete.... and know how to whirl)
    or my favorite : hammerdin

next step: kill em.

next: laugh.

personally ive never hated em because i had a smiter that had all the resist skills at level 10 for massive stacking against elementals and i loved the build.. but when i dueld them with my hammerdin.. they never got close.

3. BananaPancakes

BananaPancakes IncGamers Member

u think thats bad? u kno how cheap fohadins are too. i met this guy who was a foh/smite pally. and when he smite he uses holy freeze..which is bm in some places itself. mannnnnnn talk about cheesy

4. pAnda_fury

pAnda_fury IncGamers Member

mm yes i guess smiters are cheap because they are so powerful and they seem to kill so easily. i still have one :lol:

i think the cheapest is a trapper who has good fcr and spams mb. even with absorb and stack these guys are often hard.

)pAnda(

5. Arewyn

Arewyn IncGamers Member

FoH/Smite, meet Wind Druid, Wind Druid, meet FoH/Smite.

6. Davie.

Davie. IncGamers Member

Make a hammerdin..ive noticed that if you have a hammerdin nl you nk with autoaim and tell people you use a 26 inch screen and that your clan is totally legit.

7. Generator Of Chaos

Generator Of Chaos IncGamers Member

Indeed...you forgot a Bowazon with Knockback and poison dmg

8. Davie.

Davie. IncGamers Member

Smiters eat bowazons for breakfast.

9. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Rapid low mana cost ignore defense AND ignore blocking skills should not exist. Of course blizzard doesn't give a damn about diablo2 balance anymore so i guess we are stuck with "if you don't tele away from me with enigma i will stunlock your face into the wall with my 1938751975178 smite hits per second". Smite would be more reasonable if the damn thing didn't ignore block. Maybe my wolfbarb would have a chance against them.

10. Bigrob

Bigrob Banned

hammerdin, good ww barb, sorcs, bonemancer all can kill smiters.

When grief came out, winddy have a hard time to beat them now. (the chance is 50/50)

11. dys0r

dys0r IncGamers Member

Smiters aren't uber godly. There are so many classes that can easily make mincemeat out of it. A bone nec (you don't even need a minion stack; hell, just use bone wall), windy, ww barb, and a trapsin can destroy these grief using smiters.

- Terry

12. Phyrexial

Phyrexial IncGamers Member

Against any other form of stand-still melee, yeah they are pretty overpowered. In comparison to all builds, caster and melee, they are hardly overpowered or cheap. Any teleporting ranged build should just quit the game if they lose consistantly to a smiter.

Specifically, Windies, Necros, Hammerdins, and WW barbs should have no problems with a Smiter.

13. '22'Souljah

'22'Souljah IncGamers Member

based on your points almost every char on d2 must be cheap then
    what does talking 'properly'p have anything to do with being cheap or not?
    does talking improperly really even matter on a video games as long as people still understand you?

14. Weltkriegpally

Weltkriegpally IncGamers Member

if you guys are going to use enigma to teleport away, then best remember that most smiters use it themselves, so they just might teleport on top of you and attempt to finish the job. if not, then they just might charge you down..and thats where minion stack comes into play. Otherwise, I don't know if I would bother with a zon. if they have maxed resists, its pretty much gg for the zon. Grief smiters vs. wind elementals, well smiters hit awfully hard and stun, so thats a nasty combo, even with minion stack.
    a good ww barb can make a smiters life hell, but if the smiter knows what he is doing, then it won't be any easier for the barb.
    bone necros in a no teleport duel should be able to make the life of the smiter hell with bonewall. if they do teleport, its a 50/50 matchup.

blizz sorcs...well, its a sorc. If the pally has his resists up and can charge well, its most definitely a 50/50 matchup.

hammerdins...blech. depends. if the hammerdin tries to teleport on top of you, the smiter is gonna take one hit and then the hammerdin is gonna get the hell beat out of him, while the smiter stays out of hammers way because he is in the vortex of hammers. if he doesn't teleport, then its gg for the smiter.

as far as the stand still melee goes, most of them yeah, its overpowered. a range 5 fury wolf with maxed dr that knows what he is doing can have them for breakfast, though.

that should just about address all the issues faced here. the best ways to kill a smiter from personal experience are (note, I play grief and non grief smiters, so this is all experience) range 5 4 fpa fury wolf, ww barb either dual wielding or range 5, hammerdin non teleporting, and a bone necro. for a non grief smiter, a wind elemental can also suffice, but be careful, its still a very nasty matchup.

--welt

15. Speederländer

Speederländer IncGamers Member

Grief is the runeword that threw pallys all out of balance. Any pally caster can have a solid, powerful physical attack with absolutely no effort now, making them simply too easy relative to other classes. There is a reason why in any given ladder dueling game 70%+ of the people playing are pallys. Heck, I've been in some today where I was the only non pally in an 8 person game. Grief + Exile + desync charge and tele + a solid ranged attack like FoH or hammers + the ability to get very high def. all in one package is just kinda over the top.

16. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

I...Want... Grief... Why... Am... I... Not... Ladder... :( :mad:

Smiters aren't cheap... atleast not so much in NL... ppl easily beat them now.

- Dennis

17. Speederländer

Speederländer IncGamers Member

My issue isn't with plain old smiters.

18. pAnda_fury

pAnda_fury IncGamers Member

umm my smiter sure loses to bone necros and hammerdins but it never loses to sorcs or trappers, in pub duels that is. single elemental builds are too easy to absorb.

)pAnda(

19. Davie.

Davie. IncGamers Member

I want them damn ladda runewerds >_<. Blizz really needs too make wf an ammy too ~_~.

20. Pougee_au

Pougee_au IncGamers Member

FoH, Trap any other elemental attack can be negated. There for i see them as a cheap build that can be turned into a joke. But you look at the amount of trappers and fohdins kick around now. I haven't seen a FoH for ages. Rarelly see a trapper around. I wouldn't mind so much but they nk like all hell, Town jump and alot of the time interupt during a duel. That imo is cheap. I'm not here complaing about if they can be beaten or not, I'm saying they are built by idiots that are a**holes to duel with.