Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Smiters are BM???

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Madcat, May 6, 2005.

1. Madcat

Madcat IncGamers Member

Smiters are BM???

I have been in a few pub duel games were ppl would not duel me since I was in with my smiter :eek: . I was told that it is BM to be using a Smiter and got puzzled and the when asked why it that?? I was told just because it is?!?! That does not answer the question so I will ask here since I should get that answer easier.

If a Smiter is BM then the Auradin would be as well since all they do is run around and sometimes you never see them. Dream//Dragon armor//Dragon shield//HoJ is unreal but a charger or a tele character should have an 'easier' time than a non-charger or tele character, like my Smiter.

thx :D

2. ExT

ExT IncGamers Member

yes smite is bm, so is bone spirit, bone spear, tornado, fireball, blizz, orb, lightning, ww, traps.... too tired to write down the rest.

In my humble opinion, nothing is bm because who are you to consider a skill, or an item bm? What's bad mannered is nk'ing, trash talking and such.

If someone uses a "bm" item or skills, it simply means they're smart, why don't they become smart and use them too.

3. assmuffin

assmuffin IncGamers Member

smite is only bm to me in melee duel games. many people are against smite in melee games because it is unblockable and stuns your opponent.

as for a general duel game, if you are owning casters w/ smite more power to you.

4. rare

rare IncGamers Member

IMO there are such things as bm items; D2 was made with PVM in mind, not PVP. As such , there will be (and are) various imbalances that are only worsened by items. Thats why there are dueling leagues/communities to try to take out the bm items that are in the game for PVM, but not necessarily will contribute to a 'relatively' balanced PVP game.

Smiters have crappy damage, die to decent barbs, casters eat them alive, windies can win, trapsins can beat them. The only smiters I see that are bm are those pathetic ones running around with lifetap and doom.

If you need to gain life and slow everyone with your unblockable stunning attack...wow. BTW gm items > bm items, speaking in smiter terms.

Join melee games with your smiters, but be courteous enough to unhostile whoever asks you to.

We all know smite is melee, since it is affected by Iron Maiden, and IM only works on melee attacks. So just ignore that foolish comment; but don't ever be so high-and-mighty when your smiter wipes away everyone in a melee game.

5. Cadet

Cadet IncGamers Member

Smite is only bm when your char you built from items you found in Hell Act 5 beats the guy who spent $100 dollars on eBay for all his godly gear ;)

I dislike Smiters as well, but I don't complain because I duel with an Auradin *dodges incoming flames*. In duels I especially dislike it when they have Salvation on, it seriously negates the effects of lvl 30 HF and HS and lvl 26 Conviction, but they (Smiters) have access to the aura (Salvation) through the skill tree, so therefore it is something that I deal with because no build is completely invincible to all other builds.

6. Gix

Gix IncGamers Member

How can anything be bad mannered in a game where you are supposed to kill? Saying "BM" is just whining. Get over the fact that you lose sometimes.

7. ExT

ExT IncGamers Member

Let's get back on to the topic, smite is bm vs melee and that's understandable. But why would you bother dueling melee with smite? It's so boring.

I don't see how Doom/Exile smiters are bm, any caster can tear them apart.

I'm playing NL so I've yet to see the power of grief but on NL, Astreon > any other smite weapon, even doom. But Astreon is considered BM.

Smite is not considered melee according to the D2 world since it doesn't require AR and such.

In conclusion, no item should be considered bm since caster would tear them apart ANYWAYS. BM should only be about how a player acts and plays the game.

PS: We're talking about pub dueling, so anything goes.