Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Smiter

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Ill-Anubis, Mar 24, 2004.

1. Ill-Anubis

Ill-Anubis IncGamers Member

Smiter

Assuming I could afford the GODLIEST gear and that I'll be pubby dueling so bm isn't an issue, what would be the best gear and skill allocation for a pure smiter? Thanks in advance.

2. Ill-Anubis

Sorry about the double post, but I just found an Alma Negra shield, I'm assuming an Eth Exile shield would be the *best* but would this substitute until I found the runes? Also, would a Smiter have any chance at doing PvM?

3. CoRRuPt-OnE

CoRRuPt-OnE IncGamers Member

i am going to make a smiter soon and im going to use alma negra, with max holy shield it does about 116-142 base dmg which isnt too bad. there are better shields like exile as u said. this is just a rough sketch of what the best would probably wear, keep in mind i am no xpert smiter and that this is my own opinion.

Helm
    Gaze (40/15ias)

Armor
    Enigma - since u will probably need to keep up with all the teling in the pubbies, might also prove usefull for the +2 skills and all the other good mods

Stone - with high def helps out alot, not too expensive either

Belt
    Best bets are probably verdungos and tgods

Weapon
    Silence phase blade – One of the best Smiter weapons around. +2 skills, 20fhr, and 75% resist all makes this a top choice. It might be hard to get hold of since Vex runes are rare.
    Malice if you are being rly cheap
    Redeemer - probably one i will be using, +2 skills and other good pally mods and its rly easy to get a hold of, not a bad weapon i think

Rings
    Ravenfrost – The most useful mod on this ring is the “cannot be frozen†which is imperative in PvP. If you get frozen you will attack and move slower, which will put you in a serious disadvantage. If you don’t have a Cham rune socketed somewhere, you will need one of these.

Bul-Kathos’ Wedding Band - +1 skills and +0.5 life per level can’t go wrong. Use at least one of these (2 if possible).

Wisp Projector – Only useful mod on this ring would be the 10-20% lightning absorb it comes with. If you lack absorb and can’t use Thundergod’s, this ring can be useful for you.

Amulets
    Mara’s Kaleidoscope – +2 skills 20 stats and 20-30 resist all. If you don’t have a nice crafted or rare amulet, this is the amulet for you.

Highlord’s - +1 skills, light resist, and 20ias. Useful amulet if you lack ias or if you plan to charge a lot, the Deadly strike isnt usefull to smiters but if ur chargeing to get close then it might come in handy sometimes.

Boots
    Gore Riders – Interesting option because of 10% chance of OW and 15% chance of Crushing Blow. Probably best thing going for a smiter.

Gloves
    Bloodfist – One of the best gloves around in my opinion. Easy to get and has great mods, such as 30fhr, 10ias, and 40life.

Crafted gloves – Can get great mods such as ias, str, dex, crushing blow, and resists.

Shield
    Alma Negra – Pretty good shield with high defense and high damage. The drawback is the lack of resistances.

Herald of Zakarum – Awesome mods on this shield. +skills, stats, resists, and enhanced defense makes this shield a top choice. It will have lower smite damage than an elite Paladin shield, but its overall mods makes it superior to most rare elite shields.

Rare elites – Rare elite Paladin shields can get very good mods. All elite paladin shields have the same average damage (except rondache which has 0.5 more), but different chances of blocking. Sacred targes have the highest chance of blocking which means that you will need less dexterity to have 75% chance to block. If you plan to use one, make sure it at least has +2 skills, fbr, icb and resists. Otherwise, use Herald.

this is just rough draft of what the "best" might wear, someone else could
    elaborate more on points that i might of left out. ( Many credits go to Pravda on much of the equipment and gear)

4. Pravda

Pravda IncGamers Member

meh, someone was not taught about plagiarism in school :grrr: I'd appreciate if you didn't copy parts from my guide without my approval or referring to me. Besides, I should update it anyway. I kind of changed my opinions on some things...

5. CoRRuPt-OnE

CoRRuPt-OnE IncGamers Member

:worship: forgive me i was in a rush and forgot to cite everything :worship:

6. Pravda

Pravda IncGamers Member

It's alright dude.

7. majorB

majorB IncGamers Member

Wow, I thought parts of that post looked sort of familliar.

Pravda, by all means, update. Perhaps with new insight I can raise my lowly winning percentage against you (1/5 at best, go me!).

Edit- Biting criticism removed due to apology.

8. Ill-Anubis

So um, could I get some of those opinions Pravda?

9. ROMVS

ROMVS IncGamers Member

If you are basically going to PvM, then go for the Silence PB. It's indestructable, enough said. If you can't afford the exile, then get dracul's at least.

10. strength_honor

strength_honor Banned

Because what I said ? :scratch:

11. Pravda

Pravda IncGamers Member

Just about some gear and strategies. Btw, you should post the stuff you talked about before.

12. strength_honor

strength_honor Banned

yeah working on some refinement now, my Jah bonus was messed up.

not 3400-3500 but sadly 3300-3450 =(