Smiter shield question

Madcat

Diabloii.Net Member
Smiter shield question

Upped HoZ or Exile?? Which is better and why?? I am using an Exile atm.

Ace of spades

Diabloii.Net Member
exile is only good for a smiter if he needs lots of defense, other wise the +2 all skills and +2 combat, which helps a smiter alot, and all the other stats is much better than exile. if ur defense can take a slight hit but u want other stats like res and skills, id go wit upped hoz

sizgar

Diabloii.Net Member
Madcat said:
Upped HoZ or Exile?? Which is better and why?? I am using an Exile atm.
upped HOZ why ? simply , use exile only if u cant win without lame life tap lol

sorry for that but cant understand those " godly " smiters winning over barbs

or other melee classes only due to casted life tap hehe use ur skills and

knowledge over depending on the cast.

my opinion :

life tap = Bad Manner

regs

jordy666

Diabloii.Net Member
upped hoz
more block %
40 stat points
+4 to smite and holy shield
50 res

exile:
defiance
lifetap <-- bm
NO worthwhile block mods

il stick with upped HoZ

-jordy :king:

biko

Diabloii.Net Member
who cares if life tap is "bm"..? it pwns every mod that can ever spawn on a shield.. i play public to pwn noobs, not to lose because my shield sux

btw jordy u forgot to mention 45 res on exile

also, another good thing about exile is that you can make it in which ever shield you want, and dont have to be restricted to 46-46 dmg and huge str req

sizgar

Diabloii.Net Member
biko said:
who cares if life tap is "bm"..? it pwns every mod that can ever spawn on a shield.. i play public to pwn noobs, not to lose because my shield sux

btw jordy u forgot to mention 45 res on exile

also, another good thing about exile is that you can make it in which ever shield you want, and dont have to be restricted to 46-46 dmg and huge str req
i DO care and to all of those who says "im so powerfull" due to their life tap casting things : you are just hidding behind ur BM items no knowledge no skills almost nothing. if u wanna prove u r the right guy take ur BM items off then come outside

btw 45 res on exile dont get me offensive but what is 45 res compare to ummed HOZ 72 res ??

also please read the title once again and tell me how can you be a smiter :

biko said:
regs

now im off gonna take a sunshine hehe 35 degrees over here

biko

Diabloii.Net Member
no knowledge no skills almost nothing

what do u know about that?

im not usually playing public, but serious pvp in leagues, and i have about 4.5 years of d2 experience.. this is my first attempt (since when i was a noob) on a char that is made only for pubbies.. there are no rules there, so why should i follow them? why shouldnt i use exile, bugged items etc..? kind of off topic, but i dont think a reason not to use exile is that its bm, unless its not allowed where you play

Madcat

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, I upped a HoZ I have and am very impressed with it. Here is why:

Using Exile:

stats on shield:
1146 def
lvl 16 defiance
256ed
smite damage after a 6/6/1 CTA 1207-2300

Using Upped HoZ:

191ed
558 def
smite damage after CTA 2061-2102

skill stats are:

Smite: lvl 32
HS: 32
Fan: 34

So based on this I think that a HoZ is better than an exile based on damage becoming 'tighter'. Yes I lost 8k in def but with a 'tighter' damage range I think that it is made up for.

thoughts?

thx

sizgar

Diabloii.Net Member
biko said:
... there are no rules there, so why should i follow them? why shouldnt i use exile, bugged items etc..? ...
'coz of ur HONOUR hihi cmon dont be like most of those pubs ppl be someone show them you are better than they are this is the challenge. when u duel melee public its not hard to be a winner 'coz of the life tap. but if you are satisfacted of ur wins i mean wins made by ur life tap ehmm than go on sorry for any inconvinience i made use life tap than ... honour thats what pala is made of

btw bugged items ... come on !!! u must be desperat !!

regs

i know that was a bit OT.

anyway im happy u found that HOZ gives u more advantages than any exile

ZAKARUM seems to be one of the best shields for smiter due to constant dmg
if im right there is ll on smite but only in pvm mod so low min and high max (eg. vortex) would make sence if life leech works on smite in pvp mod otherwise (smite duel takes 1-8 hits) u have to keep ur finger crossed to do high dmg more often than low dmg. if u have godly vortex shield and if u do more often low dmg simply you are dead. thats the hazzard nothing more. myself preffer constant dmg like ZAKARUM and from time to time SACRED RONDACHE

good luck

btw my upped HOZ ( 200 ed) got only 515 def :(