Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Smiter questions!

Discussion in 'PvP' started by xami, Apr 19, 2008.

1. xami

xami IncGamers Member

Smiter questions!

Few question for old smiters:

1. Some people say that shadow dancer best boots for pvp smiter is? If they not that what boots are best for pvp smiter!? (And explain reasons plz)

2. What is better option for pvp smiter Ber'ed Shako or Ber'ed Ber'ed Coa?

3. Which gloves are the best gloves for pvp smiter!? (20ias @ stats??)

4. Enigma or Forti (explain differency)!

Thanks in advance...

Regards, xami.

2. DayDream

DayDream IncGamers Member

Re: Smiter questions!

1. Hearing responses from good resist boots to gores. Stacked resist to openwounds and whatever goody gores has to offer I guess.

2.x2 ber Coa

3.Depending whether you hit bp or not I think. Do you need the as to hit ias to hit smite bp?

4. Enigma is mobility. Teleport/telesmite. Fortitude is simply more damage/def.

3. krajee

krajee IncGamers Member

1. I'd stick with resist boots unless you strictly plan to duel melee.
    2. If you're against using exile, ber shako + verdungo + ber hoz with enigma is a nice 49%dr option.
    3. What DayDream said. Bloodfist is nice for a 10 or no ias option.
    4. What DayDream said. Keep in mind that the life difference isn't actually that big.

4. SicHalo

SicHalo IncGamers Member

1. Waterwalks are really nice or even nice stat boots with dex + str and duel-res mods are nice
    2. ber ber coa is the better option as it allows you to easily reach max dr as well as the high fhr to help u reach the 48% fhr bp.
    3. i find clegs are usefull to use but depending on realm these can be bm, so draculs which again provides lifetap and str can be used depending on realms or bloodfists which give life and fhr
    4. On smiters Enigma>Forti the dmg you get over forti is negligable compared to the big loss in mobility. Also enigma builds allow for alot of stat saving due to the huge amount of str you get from using enigma as it perovides enought str to keep base strength or near base strength which means u can maximise your hp and stil have gear versatility not to mention you need tele-smite vs good barbs and tele as mobility out of traps, i.e bonewall etc

5. xami

xami IncGamers Member

I'm playing now with Life/Smiter atm 84lvl (still ball runing).

My eq:

Enigma in Dusk Shroud
    199ed Ber'ed Zaka
    139ed Ber'ed Shako
    Grief 39-389 CS(i know its bad im gonna change in PB or BA)
    Bk 5 and 20dex raven
    Verdungo 40-15
    Draculs(almost perf) and Bloodfist
    Ww 64life and Gores Rider
    Cta 6-6-4 with sprit on switch
    Mara's amu 28res

I maxed out FANA / HOLY SHIELD / SMITE!

Now i have 3X skills left and im in doubt in which way to go now. Should I max Light res and rest in defiance or max defiance and rest in light res!? Or do u have better option for me??

And what is better option for Grief BA or PB??

Regards ,

xami.

6. Camden

Camden IncGamers Member

1) People that say shadows are the best are people under the impression that smiters need massive amounts of fhr (they really don't). Waterwalks and res boots are the only 2 options imo; never been a fan of gores, not even vs barbs.

2) If you can hit 47+% dr with shako, use it. Otherwise, generally speaking if you're an exile or tele smiter, coa.

3) My 2 preferred pairs of gloves are bloodfists and trangs. Dracs are excellent vs es sorcs. Though the best option, if you can afford them (not many can), are pre-lod str/dex/res/life gloves.

4) enigma, the reasonings of which have already been explained.

I recommend maxing light res and making sure that you have 1 each in vigor, conviction, salvation, and holy freeze. Rest into charge, as it's more universally useful as opposed to defiance which is useful vs only a handful of characters.

I prefer pb, as it allows you to be more flexible when swapping gear as you don't have to worry about keeping an ias bp especially vs someone exploiting slow. Since you seem to primarily be using dracs, go with pb. You could use a zerk with bloodfists, but it would have to have 40 ias to barely reach the bp; not worth it.

7. xami

xami IncGamers Member

Thx a lot people, special to u Camden , really great guide and build for pvp smiter!!