Smiter Questions

Liquid_Evil

Diabloii.Net Member
Smiter Questions

I can't seem to find a guide about Smiters in general so I figured I'd post here.

This is what I was thinking of in the way of gear for a PvP Smiter.
Upgraded Gores
Upgraded HoZ
IK gloves/belt
Highlords/Cats
Shako
Shaft/Stone Ethereal Armor
Ravenfrost/BK ring

As for a weapon I'm not sure
-6-Socketed Berserker Axe s/15% IAS jewel, 4 Ums, something else
-Redeemer
-Upgraded Headstriker

This is what I was thinking of in the way of skills.
20 Smite
20 Holy Shield
20 Defiance
20 Fanatism
1-3 Charge
1-3 Zeal

Could get around 30K defense (with stone rather than shaft) 100% OW, and smite at the fastest speed possible provided I added correctly.

Would this work for PvP? Any thoughts or suggestions on how to improve this? If you have a Smiter can you please post your skills and gear?

you need IAS from gloves or something else to get fastest smite with zerker axe. Try using a phase blade and you won't need anymore IAS.

Liquid_Evil

Diabloii.Net Member
PoopyPants said:
you need IAS from gloves or something else to get fastest smite with zerker axe. Try using a phase blade and you won't need anymore IAS.
25% from IK gloves and belt, 20% from Highlords or Cats, 15% IAS from the zerker (if I decide to go that way) and Fanatism should give me 60% IAS to hit 6fpa Smite correct? The only reason I opted for the zerker over the phase was for more range.

Anyway, how is the damage on smite calculated? Does it increase when you add points into strength and/or dexterity? Will deadly strike help smite?