Smiter Build question

rata

Diabloii.Net Member
Smiter Build question

I currently use t-gods and grief phase blade for ubers. Should i trade these for a lw pb and anachrids?

Arutha

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd say its personal preferance. Myself I life grief since I look at it like you can get the advantages of lw elsewhere but you can't get that raw dmg from grief anywhere else. The %crushing blow can be obtained from goblin toe and g face, fade from treachry, life tap from dracs or exile or life tap wand, might merc but hey whatever floats your boat.

Coltanz

Diabloii.Net Member
I currently use t-gods and grief phase blade for ubers. Should i trade these for a lw pb and anachrids?
Wouldn't griefpb have a higher damage then Lwpb? Although the crushing blow for lwpb is vital, but you could always get CB from other eqs (e.g- guil's face, gores etc.). I'm using a Lwz for my smiter as well but it's damage ain't high enough to kill the ubers fast. What i meant is altho high CB is good but in the end its the damage which brings down the uber faster IMO. T-gods is better btw.

maxusmag

Diabloii.Net Member
It is all a matter of preference. some people swear by the grief others LW.

with grief you can kill the last bit of life quicker. however you need other equipment for CB and OW and lifetap.

LW with gores gives you a min of 75% cb, a percent of lifetap. add dracs you get OW and a larger amount of lifetap.

from what i hear LW kills them down faster but is harder to finish them off.

i am not sure i have a zeal/smiter i just got to hell act 1 so we will see.

skills

max smite
max fan
max holy shield
working on zeal.

then i have 20 points to do whatever with not included the freebies out there.

i have to find a way around physical immunes. maybe a wand of amp damage or something if it is possible. TGods is great for the lightning.

my helm is going to be crown of the ages.

Pom Shadd

Diabloii.Net Member
Regardless of what you decide regarding the weapon, I'd say keep T-Gods for Ubers.

If by trade you mean "trade with another person," I'd say keep grief. But if you have grief AND LW, you might consider using them on switch.

My ideal uber-smiter used a CtA/Spirit for prebuff, then switched those for LW + HoZ. On weapon switch, I kept res-exile and grief. Use LW to take down their life to 1/8-1/10th, then switch to grief. By that time, fade will certainly have cast.

Using LW lets you use CoH for your armour if you want fade.

My set-up, IIRC, was:

prebuff: spirit/CtA

Switch 1: LW pb/HoZ
Switch 2: Grief pb/res-exile
armour: CoH
Belt: Tgods
Helm: um'd guillaumes
Rings: dwarfstar/ravenfrost
Ammy: Mara's
Boots: lots of room for choice here (as you probably have 100% CB from guillaumes and LW) - i think i used rares with high LR and CR
Gloves: again, lots of room for choice: rares with res's would be nice

I had minimal res-all charms, and a few high% single res LC's/GC's.

All the ubers were pitiful in comparison. I doubt you'd need to use salvation against meph - i didn't.

rata

Diabloii.Net Member
i have no complaints with my pb grief, as i use highlords, gores and guillaumes socketed with a 15 res all jewel. again standard setup CoH, dwarfstar/ravenfrost, maras, upped HoZ. Maybe i don't need...i'll get some more feedback..i can use LW and Grief on switch, keeping the grief