smiter armor....?

XgodlikeX

Banned
smiter armor....?

k i dunno what to use for my smiter.

ive seen a lot of debate about which to use, but i havent seen much as personal experiences. i guess im just wondering what you people recomend out of your own personal experiences. im on ladder if that matters.

NewForumBloke

Diabloii.Net Member
Since your on ladder I'm going to highly suggest using a fortitude armor or try a coh. Nigma would be my last suggestion imo. hope that helps a little bit.

MoonUnit

Diabloii.Net Member
I would rather go with shaftstop fer the dr and life as opposed to coh or fort. Just my $0.02.

lCE

Diabloii.Net Member
I dont agree with any of those, imo enigma is the only armor for a smiter, ill elaborate why:

1. Huge saving of stats - translating into more life, this always has been important for smiters.
2. +2 skills boosts all ur important skills and smite dmg.
3. Teleport offers mobility as well as 45 frw (escape bone prisons anyone?).
4. Coh is not needed because resists are rarely a problem with paladins (u can have shields with 200 resist to a respective element, or just make a sanctuary in a 45 res shield - 115 res all right there).
5. Same with shaftstop - ber ber coa + dungos + enigma = all the DR u need.

koeraokse

Diabloii.Net Member
200 resists? never seen one, and sanctuary for smiter, never seen that either, tho I think that the enigma is best for smiter too...

:cheesy:
*priit

lCE

Diabloii.Net Member
Easy - 45 base res pala shield + 4 ptopazes = 205% lightning resist on shield alone, substitute p saphs if u need cold resist etc. Sanc is imo a very good res stacking shield also (perf sanc - 70 res all, 45 res base shield - 115 res all on shield alone).

Weltkriegpally

Diabloii.Net Member
I would have to agree that enigma or fortitude on ladder are two of the better choices. 45 frw on the enigma is not needed. you have vigor+charge which is independent of item runwalk. fortidude adds a LOT of smite damage. you have to remember that its like another 20 levels of fanaticism or smite, provides nice defense, life, and resists, also +5 max lightning resist...HUGELY important to ANY v/t because of foh or trappers, or even a lightning sorc.

However, don't say that an upped shaftstop is bad, either. I use one on my nl v/t at 1600 defense, and with the 21k defense I have because of it, only one barb on nonladder has managed to 50/50 with my v/t over a year of 1.10 time.

--welt

lCE

Diabloii.Net Member
Fort doesnt add as much damage as u think. With grief, maxed fanat + smite the added dmg (after pvp penalty and DR) is very modest, and certainly doesnt justify the loss of life that u get by not using enigma.

Weltkriegpally

Diabloii.Net Member
lCE said:
Fort doesnt add as much damage as u think. With grief, maxed fanat + smite the added dmg (after pvp penalty and DR) is very modest, and certainly doesnt justify the loss of life that u get by not using enigma.
I would prefer not to max smite and instead use those points towards another skill. Smite is hardly any less effective at one point or 20 points with grief.

--welt

koeraokse

Diabloii.Net Member
lCE said:
Easy - 45 base res pala shield + 4 ptopazes = 205% lightning resist on shield alone, substitute p saphs if u need cold resist etc. Sanc is imo a very good res stacking shield also (perf sanc - 70 res all, 45 res base shield - 115 res all on shield alone).
oh, I thought all res 200...

:cheesy:
*priit